• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Could not create the Java virtual machine.

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

GumDisease

Posted 24 March 2012 - 01:06 AM

When I try to open minecraft a popup appears that says, "Could not create the Java virtual machine."
So I looked around. I tried to create the "Minecraft.bat" like everyone suggests but that doesn't help.

When I try to play in the browser, it says;

"FALIED TO LAUNCH : Fatal Error Occured(5): Write Error
Extracting: windows_natives.jar.lzma to windows_natives.jar"

I haven't looked up on that one yet but I'm not sure what is going on at all, can anyone help me out?

Also when I start the browser based version, it says "Would you like to update now?"
If i press Yes it goes to the error stated above. If i press No it goes to a white screen and stays that way

I've tried to reinstall both Minecraft and java several times. When i try to get the Java Development Kit, the 32-bit xp version isn't available.

Please help, been without Minecraft for a while and it gets boring. lol

I completely support this mod. It is currently my favorite mod out there.
Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

GumDisease

Posted 24 March 2012 - 03:48 AM

Bump for help. PLEASE

Posted Image

GumDisease

Posted 24 March 2012 - 02:38 PM

Bump.

Posted Image

IwinFTW
    IwinFTW

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 186 posts
  • Minecraft: IwinFTW

Posted 24 March 2012 - 02:57 PM

JDKs are always available for all versions of Windows! Just download the correct version from here (JDK 6u31) http://www.oracle.co...ad-1501634.html

Jadeddemon
  • Minecraft: Kaerei

Posted 26 March 2012 - 01:24 AM

I've been having this issue for WEEKS on my computer, and I'd kind of like to get back on my server and see what's up. I've googled for days and nothing has helped me. I've had a couple of Tech savvy people trying to help me, to no avail. Can someone please give a legitiment fix for this?

Aledend
    Aledend

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 06:23 AM

I got that problem for myself, and I cant belive that it accually worked! (dunno if it work for others, but you can try)

(I deleted the .minecraft file before and I don't know if that affected the result)

First, you go to Minecraft.net and start a new beta singleplayer...if it laggs go to minecraft.net again and start a new one...do so until it works fine...when everything is as it should be...start minecraft. (this does not work for the cracked one)

If that didn't help, delete the .minecraft file (windowskey+R) but save all your important stuff like mods and texturepacks (if you have any) and do it all over again...pretty simple accually...I really dont know if this works, if you answer this with an yes...i will put it on youtube :)

silverfur11
  • Minecraft: silverfur11

Posted 25 April 2012 - 06:52 PM

I had the same problem. I found out it was my fire wall (zonealarm) stopping it. So i uninstalled it and MC worked. Hope this helps Posted Image Posted Image

nburgess0123
  • Minecraft: Sunglasses4

Posted 11 July 2012 - 02:07 PM

I have the exact same problem! like exactly with the errors and the white screen if i do the update thingy. Yeah. i have no idea how to fix it! I need help! but the difference it that i havnt even downloaded the Minecraft.exe thing. It wont let me do that...please help!!

arcadekid
  • Minecraft: arcadekid

Posted 12 August 2012 - 11:15 PM

i have a similar problem i dont know whats wrong i accidentally clicked on a popup and it downloaded two programs one called reg clean pro and one called advanced system protector, when i tried to go to minecraft it wouldnt start at all with an error message titled java virtual machine and the error saying that java could not create the virtual machine so i unistalled reg clean pro and advanced systems protector  deleted all their files and scanned for viruses but no viruses were found and when i tried to open minecraft the same thing happened i tried loads of different methods of getting it to work including the batch file method deleting .minecraft re-downloading the minecraft launcher making more room on my hard drive and others but nothing worked so i deleted and re-installed java but it still didnt work and now the popup error box says java could not create the virtual machine a fatal exception occured. program will exit
P.S. the minecraft launcher does not open no window opens at all just the popup
P.P.S. minecraft works in browser but is very laggy
Posted Image Posted Image

Shawnee
    Shawnee

Newly Spawned

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 06:42 AM

I solved this problem by using system restore to the day it last worked.

I later tested both new and old Java without problem.

This is not a Java or minecraft problem. Its most likely a windows update that causes the "cannot start java virtual machine" problem.

arcadekid
  • Minecraft: arcadekid

Posted 13 August 2012 - 05:37 PM

View PostShawnee, on 13 August 2012 - 06:42 AM, said:

I solved this problem by using system restore to the day it last worked.

I later tested both new and old Java without problem.

This is not a Java or minecraft problem. Its most likely a windows update that causes the "cannot start java virtual machine" problem.
GOD DAMN IT
WHY IS THERE NO SYSTEM RESTORE SAVES ON THIS COMPUTER
i have deleted anything that shows up on avast and malwarebytes as a threat and do remember that it still works fine in browser but not from the launcher and this all started why i accidentally downloaded reg clean pro and advanced system protector
so no luck
Posted Image

starlinvf
    starlinvf

Glowstone Miner

• Members
  • 3169 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 06:59 PM

View Postarcadekid, on 13 August 2012 - 05:37 PM, said:

GOD DAMN IT
WHY IS THERE NO SYSTEM RESTORE SAVES ON THIS COMPUTER
i have deleted anything that shows up on avast and malwarebytes as a threat and do remember that it still works fine in browser but not from the launcher and this all started why i accidentally downloaded reg clean pro and advanced system protector
so no luck
Posted Image

If you have no system restore points, and the registry damage is already too far gone, it might be high time to back up your files and just do a clean wipe.