Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Multiplayer in offline mode?

multiplayer internet offline lan hosting

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

TheTypicalNinja

Posted 23 March 2012 - 10:14 PM

Hey I was just wondering, my friend and I both play in offline mode because our Minecraft is bugged. Is it at all possible to play a multiplayer game between our computers on offline mode? We both have an account. If it is possible, can someone please explain how we would set it up?

Register or log in to remove.

BrainStudio

Posted 24 March 2012 - 07:24 AM

Hello TheTypicalNinja,
I'm wondering, why you don't fix that problem. If you and your friend got an official minecraft account, I expect, that there's something wrong with your internet. It's called offline mode, cause you can only play offline. So if you want to play together, you need to fix that problems.

If you want to know, how to set up a server, you have to choose between CraftBukkit, Canary/Crow or Vanilla Minecraft (the official version without plugins and all that stuff by Mojang).

* For Crow (Canary seems to be dead) http://www.canarymod.net/
You can find a tutorial here
* For CraftBukkit http://dl.bukkit.org...ds/craftbukkit/
You can find a tutorial here
* For Vanilla Minecraft http://www.minecraft.net/download
This version is always up to date. There is no tutorial, but you can search for it on YouTube :I

Greetings from germany

Brain  Posted Image
Posted Image

TheTypicalNinja

Posted 24 March 2012 - 09:59 PM

Hey thx for the info. We didnt buy the game yet, we haven't got the money yet. But we are playing offline and I was just wondering if we could just play a random map through LAN or direct connection. I didnt want to set up an official server if I didn't have to but I guess if I do...

Dobbsy10am

Posted 25 March 2012 - 08:22 PM

yeah mate this is how you do it:

Download this link : http://www.minecraft.net/download and download the MInecraft_Server.exe and then when it is finished boot it up for the first time and let it load up all the info i sugest giving the server its own folder . nw after that type stop into the text box on the server nd it should shut down the server. then open up server properties with notepad and look for the word Online mode next to it you see the word true remove true and type in false now save the document and re-open the server this wlchange allthe settings and stuff again but its algood dont worry and when you open up minecraft go into multiplayer and then select add server if the server is on your computer and your hosting the server type into the ip address box local host and then to find your ip go in to CMD in windows search and then type in ipconfig one wrod no spaces ohkae and your ip is the top one alright kwl let me knw how it goes and message me if there is any problems :) cheers

NicoMarpaunk
  • Minecraft: NicoMarpaunk

Posted 28 March 2012 - 01:15 PM

^ vanilla minecraft also support offline mode o.0 ??

i think no, download a bukkit server and on the server.properties

change online mode=true ---> online mode=false

StrawHatUra
  • Minecraft: HlywdUndead

Posted 28 March 2012 - 01:16 PM

You dont seem to understand what the word OFFLINE means.
Posted Image
i5-4670k // Radeon HD 7950 // 2x4 DDR3 // ASRock Z87 PRO4 // 500W // 1TB HDD // Windows 8

Lord_Ralex
    Lord_Ralex

Typoing Absolmin

• Forum Admin
  • Curse Premium
  • 5806 posts
  • Minecraft: Lord_Ralex

Posted 28 March 2012 - 02:07 PM

View PostNicoMarpaunk, on 28 March 2012 - 01:15 PM, said:

^ vanilla minecraft also support offline mode o.0 ??

i think no, download a bukkit server and on the server.properties

change online mode=true ---> online mode=false

Vanilla servers support offline mode.

View PostVayken, on 28 March 2012 - 01:16 PM, said:

You dont seem to understand what the word OFFLINE means.

What do you mean?

A server running in offline mode will not verify clients that connect to the server thru the http://www.minecraft.net database. People use this feature to achieve one of 2 uses:

1) To allow non-premium accounts to connect to the server
2) In case the network the server is not in is not connected to the internet, this allows players to still play on the server. (And yes, this is possible, usually they are LAN servers)

MCF Admin for Servers and Mapping and Modding

Posted Image

TheTypicalNinja

Posted 29 March 2012 - 01:39 PM

Hey everyone thanks for the info. All I have to do is get my stupid video card driver to update and I'll be good to go.

fredoscar88
  • Minecraft: fredoscar88
  • Xbox:Nonexistent

Posted 30 March 2012 - 10:32 AM

Another problem may be the username. From my experience when, about a month ago, Minecraft.net had a bit of a derp, and nobody could get on. I put up my server, joined, and my other friend joined to. What the problem is? Both of the characters usernames are "Player" so it kicked the first guy who got on. There are some client mods that allow you to change your name, however, especially if the serer is running offline mode.

Posted Image

PowerOfGamers01

Posted 05 March 2013 - 06:40 PM

It sad for us we cant get minecraft in IL

Moonwalker917
  • Minecraft: Moonwalker917
  • Xbox:mcfly75008

Posted 06 March 2013 - 11:57 PM

That's one big bump!
Posted Image