• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[WIP][SMP/Forge][1.5.2] Mine Little Brony - More than just ponies! Rainbows, Clouds, Trees and more!

my little pony mlp:fim ponies biomes blocks mobs tools food pie apples

• Please log in to reply
5091 replies to this topic

Poll: [WIP][SMP/Forge][1.5.2] Mine Little Brony - More than just ponies! Rainbows, Clouds, Trees and more! (177 member(s) have cast votes)

Re-merging of MLB Modules for 1.6.*

1. Yay (132 votes [74.58%])

Percentage of vote: 74.58%

2. Neigh (9 votes [5.08%])

Percentage of vote: 5.08%

3. I don't mind. (36 votes [20.34%])

Percentage of vote: 20.34%

Vote Guests cannot vote

darknessninja77

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:21 AM

View PostJusey1, on 19 November 2012 - 12:29 AM, said:

I don't know what "SPC" even is!

Btw, I did figure out how to spawn parasprites but they vanish upon being spawned. Something wrong with them?

if its still the same, then you can only spawn them on hard

Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

WackyModder84

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:21 AM

View PostWackyModder84, on 19 November 2012 - 03:05 AM, said:

Ok, I took your advice and tried reinstalling Minecraft Forge, and for some reason, after reinstalling forge, I still seem to be getting this error randomly:

Spoiler:

I know I installed minecraft forge properly, because it seems like it's only this mod is causing the crashes.
Every other mod I have works perfectly fine.
....strange.

Ok, I THINK I may have found the incompatibility.
After taking out the Minecraft Battlefield Mod for 1.4.2, everything seems to be fine now.
If anything changes, I guess I'll keep trial & erroring. lol

View Postdarknessninja77, on 19 November 2012 - 04:21 AM, said:

if its still the same, then you can only spawn them on hard

There isn't even a spawner for parasprites in Creative Mode IIRC.
Do they spawn in specific biomes?

Teotoo
    Teotoo

Nether Resident

• Members
  • 2027 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:02 AM

EDIT:

Yay, congrats on fixing it :3.

View PostWackyModder84, on 19 November 2012 - 05:21 AM, said:

Ok, I THINK I may have found the incompatibility.
After taking out the Minecraft Battlefield Mod for 1.4.2, everything seems to be fine now.
If anything changes, I guess I'll keep trial & erroring. lol

There isn't even a spawner for parasprites in Creative Mode IIRC.
Do they spawn in specific biomes?

Parasprites are something that have been removed from spawns and such because I'm not happy with their models.
Posted Image
If you're having trouble pronouncing my name, it's Tea-oh-2. If you have a crashlog, put it in spoiler tags!

Lemonschooner

Posted 19 November 2012 - 11:05 AM

View PostTeotoo, on 19 November 2012 - 10:02 AM, said:

EDIT:

Yay, congrats on fixing it :3.

Parasprites are something that have been removed from spawns and such because I'm not happy with their models.
What did they look like prior to removal? Surely they weren' that bad.

Teotoo
    Teotoo

Nether Resident

• Members
  • 2027 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 11:30 AM

View PostLemonschooner, on 19 November 2012 - 11:05 AM, said:

What did they look like prior to removal? Surely they weren' that bad.

a small box with two long rectangles coming out of it.

admittedly, it was the second mob i ever made.

a long time ago.

in a galaxy far, far away...
Posted Image
If you're having trouble pronouncing my name, it's Tea-oh-2. If you have a crashlog, put it in spoiler tags!

Chaosed
    Chaosed

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:29 PM

This mods is amazing! I love it!

Teotoo
    Teotoo

Nether Resident

• Members
  • 2027 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:18 PM

View PostChaosed, on 19 November 2012 - 03:29 PM, said:

This mods is amazing! I love it!

Update hopefully coming tomorrow, everypony.
Posted Image

GoldenEagle2556

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:28 PM

View PostTeotoo, on 19 November 2012 - 06:18 PM, said:

Update hopefully coming tomorrow, everypony.
Update? What in the name of Celestia have I missed while I was role playing?
Posted Image

Teotoo
    Teotoo

Nether Resident

• Members
  • 2027 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:59 PM

View PostGoldenEagle2556, on 19 November 2012 - 08:28 PM, said:

Update? What in the name of Celestia have I missed while I was role playing?

A ton more bugfixes, refactoring and blockid/itemid freeing.

So far about 20 or so itemids have been freed.
Posted Image

GoldenEagle2556

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:01 PM

View PostTeotoo, on 19 November 2012 - 08:59 PM, said:

A ton more bugfixes, refactoring and blockid/itemid freeing.

So far about 20 or so itemids have been freed.
Sweet. :3
Posted Image

Jusey1
    Jusey1

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 575 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:46 PM

Well. I figured out how to spawn everything with SPC. That is good.

I also tried editing the mod file with "Notepad" and I epicly fail'd. It is extremely confusing... Got a wall of symbols then a wall of text. I did figured out that the wall of text is prolly all the items, and such, and that the symbols by each item's name prolly represent something though Idk what...

Btw Teotoo, I do love some of the ID names you gave to some items... Like seriously. "Weird Crown thingy"? /begin-sarcasm I wonder what would that be? Hm? /end-sarcasm.

If I can figure out what the symbols mean, I can prolly do this but I have no idea... Argh! I hate learning new scripting languages! I already know enough of them to get major headaches all the time from even thinking about them!

Teotoo
    Teotoo

Nether Resident

• Members
  • 2027 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:56 PM

View PostJusey1, on 19 November 2012 - 09:46 PM, said:

Well. I figured out how to spawn everything with SPC. That is good.

I also tried editing the mod file with "Notepad" and I epicly fail'd. It is extremely confusing... Got a wall of symbols then a wall of text. I did figured out that the wall of text is prolly all the items, and such, and that the symbols by each item's name prolly represent something though Idk what...

Btw Teotoo, I do love some of the ID names you gave to some items... Like seriously. "Weird Crown thingy"? /begin-sarcasm I wonder what would that be? Hm? /end-sarcasm.

If I can figure out what the symbols mean, I can prolly do this but I have no idea... Argh! I hate learning new scripting languages! I already know enough of them to get major headaches all the time from even thinking about them!

Java is not a scripting language.
If it's got weird symbols, chances are that you've not decompiled the mod. The only symbols java uses are that of your usual symbols when programming: / @ () ; : [] % = | & - + *  > < ? ~ " ' ! and a few more that i've no doubt forgotten.

Although yes I did call Twilights Tiara "weird crown thingy" in the code. :3 You can see that even though its obfuscated because Strings aren't changed by obfuscation, iirc.

Personally I love learning new programming languages, I find it rather fun.

If I recall correctly, notepad can format text (like bold, italic, and underline), so it will not work correctly. I can't remember though, it's been years since i've touched Windows.

And even if notepad does work, I'd recommend you at least use Notepad++ so it has syntax highlighting.
Posted Image

Jusey1
    Jusey1

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 575 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 01:26 AM

Ye'h, notepad didn't work at all. I'll need to use something else... All of the typing crap I have is 2003 or older so... Ye'h... I prolly do need to find something better or just don't bother wit' it at all.

Oh and don't get me wrong. I do like learning new programming languages but I hate when I epicly fail'd, and that sort of stuff... You know?

~Edit~

I got Notepad++ and it is working now... But I am new to Java programming so I really don't know what I want to get rid of without like ruining the mod. I'll need to do some research before I start messing around wit' this stuff.

peteian
    peteian

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 267 posts
  • Minecraft: peteian

Posted 20 November 2012 - 10:45 AM

Does anypony else lag after mining random gems then trying to shift-click them into a chest or the world crashes when you right click them on Unicorns?
I finally found gems and I was like "RARITY LOOK GEMS."
Then I tried to give her one and I thought she was so happy the world exploded Posted Image
then I reopened the world and everything was ok but after trying to Shift click all the gems into a chest I would sometimes lag so badly after that or the gems would randomly reappear in my inventory @__@
So now I just avoid gems all-together
Sorry Rarity ^^ ;

Teotoo
    Teotoo

Nether Resident

• Members
  • 2027 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 11:06 AM

View Postpeteian, on 20 November 2012 - 10:45 AM, said:

Does anypony else lag after mining random gems then trying to shift-click them into a chest or the world crashes when you right click them on Unicorns?
I finally found gems and I was like "RARITY LOOK GEMS."
Then I tried to give her one and I thought she was so happy the world exploded Posted Image
then I reopened the world and everything was ok but after trying to Shift click all the gems into a chest I would sometimes lag so badly after that or the gems would randomly reappear in my inventory @__@
So now I just avoid gems all-together
Sorry Rarity ^^ ;

Huh, that's weird. Hmm, I haven't had that error myself, but if you are lagging, especially when trying to put items into a chest, it can sometimes put them back into your inventory (because the client is like "k put these in chest bai" but you're lagging, so the server doesn't really notice and then puts them back in your inventory).

It's probably something I messed up in the gui code for unicorns, while updating to 1.4. I'll check it out, thanks :3
Posted Image

El Destructo

Posted 20 November 2012 - 09:56 PM

There seems to be a bit of weirdness in the game surrounding the gems, and poison joke. After offering a gem to a unicorn it seems trying to move the gem in my inventory crashes the game, and things affected by poison joke appear to be glitched in some fashion.

I also wish there were a bit more diversity in the ponies in some places. For some reason I keep seeing chunks and biomes that are composed of vast armies of a clone of one pony, and nothing else. Considering I have seen the areas where there the ponies present are quite diverse, it is odd when I get to areas that are not, as if the randomization just took a day off.

Teotoo
    Teotoo

Nether Resident

• Members
  • 2027 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 10:11 PM

View PostEl Destructo, on 20 November 2012 - 09:56 PM, said:

There seems to be a bit of weirdness in the game surrounding the gems, and poison joke. After offering a gem to a unicorn it seems trying to move the gem in my inventory crashes the game, and things affected by poison joke appear to be glitched in some fashion.

I also wish there were a bit more diversity in the ponies in some places. For some reason I keep seeing chunks and biomes that are composed of vast armies of a clone of one pony, and nothing else. Considering I have seen the areas where there the ponies present are quite diverse, it is odd when I get to areas that are not, as if the randomization just took a day off.

Spawning is handled by forge's spawn handling classes, which are basically Minecraft's spawn handling classes. However, spawning is biome specific, and they may appear in randomly sized groups. It may be that what you're seeing is down to chance.

You'll have to be more specific than "glitched" - otherwise there's little to no chance of me being able to find it and fix it.
Posted Image

El Destructo

Posted 20 November 2012 - 11:27 PM

View PostTeotoo, on 20 November 2012 - 10:11 PM, said:

Spawning is handled by forge's spawn handling classes, which are basically Minecraft's spawn handling classes. However, spawning is biome specific, and they may appear in randomly sized groups. It may be that what you're seeing is down to chance.

You'll have to be more specific than "glitched" - otherwise there's little to no chance of me being able to find it and fix it.

It seems like something isn't being handled correctly between the local server and client displaying it. It seems any effects they produce are ghost entities and don't actually exist, and disappear when you restart the game. I've seen it with some cobwebs and a zombie pigman so far.

Teotoo
    Teotoo

Nether Resident

• Members
  • 2027 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 12:11 AM

View PostEl Destructo, on 20 November 2012 - 11:27 PM, said:

It seems like something isn't being handled correctly between the local server and client displaying it. It seems any effects they produce are ghost entities and don't actually exist, and disappear when you restart the game. I've seen it with some cobwebs and a zombie pigman so far.

Aah, I know what the problem is.
Posted Image

LeAfEoNz1213

Posted 21 November 2012 - 02:19 AM

So, since 1.4.5 was a bugfix update, it shoulden't break mods. but for some reason forge keeps giving me a "Fatal error" thing before even starting minecraft. do I need to get a forge for every version or something? because the 1.4.4 pony models mod works fine, but anything forge related doesn't (Like divine R.P.G.) i'm just going to try getting an even mroe updated version of forge, and if it works I'll just add on to this post. just letting you know in case it's something that you might have to work around, so it's not un-noticed.