• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[WIP][SMP/Forge][1.5.2] Mine Little Brony - More than just ponies! Rainbows, Clouds, Trees and more!

my little pony mlp:fim ponies biomes blocks mobs tools food pie apples

• Please log in to reply
5089 replies to this topic

Poll: [WIP][SMP/Forge][1.5.2] Mine Little Brony - More than just ponies! Rainbows, Clouds, Trees and more! (175 member(s) have cast votes)

Re-merging of MLB Modules for 1.6.*

1. Yay (130 votes [74.29%])

Percentage of vote: 74.29%

2. Neigh (9 votes [5.14%])

Percentage of vote: 5.14%

3. I don't mind. (36 votes [20.57%])

Percentage of vote: 20.57%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Teotoo
    Teotoo

Nether Resident

• Members
  • 2027 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 08:29 PM

POPULAR

Mine Little Brony

This mod adds pony mobs and pony-related items and blocks from My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic to Minecraft!
Yes, it has a similar name to the awesome "Mine Little Pony" mod! (Which you should definitely check out if you haven't heard of it)! However, it does entirely different things. It lets you turn into a pony!

You should also check out PixelPowers.

This mod adds many new items to the game,  including zap apples, Fluttershy trees, and many more things! There's also a biome for the Everfree Forest. The ponies use Verdana's Models from the aforementioned "Mine Little Pony" mod. They also use Verdana's skins.

ATTENTION:
This mod is undergoing some major changes for the 1.6 update. Not to make itself work code-wise (that's completed already), but features and...stuff. A large percentage of the info below will be slightly wrong by the next update. For more details, see this post.

Teotoo why the flip is it taking so long? It's been more than a month!
I appear to be encountering a comical amount of life obstacles at the moment. I'm doing my best.

Let's Plays/Spotlights/Awesome People

Note that RickyMario7 uses textures that aren't the default textures of this mod. He also doesn't cover clouds and the everfree forest. However, he covers pretty much everything else! Including the lesser-known features.

Mod Review of all Modules by Peteian:

Pony Info by Peteian:

Blocks:
Mine Little Brony adds many different blocks, yet uses very few blockIDs. There are logs, plants, ores, clouds, and more.
Spoiler:

Items:
Spoiler:

Recipes:
Spoiler:

Rainbows:
Posted Image

These are available in the "Render" module. When it's raining, a few will spawn in your world within 1000 blocks of spawn. They work on both single player and multiplayer worlds - your friends will be able to see the same rainbows as you can!

Ponies:
Not much to say about ponies, they're added to the world and you can interact with them. They have their own inventory, and (depending on the pony), can also wear armour. They use (with permission) Verdana's model and rendering code from Mine Little Pony.

Posted Image

Spoiler:

Biomes:
The Everfree Forest:
Spoiler:

Other Mobs:
Timber Wolves:
Spoiler:

Changelings:
Spoiler:

Changelog:
Spoiler:

Copyright Stuff:
I don't own Hasbro, or My Little Pony, or any franchise about colourful ponies. All I did was code and texture. If you have any issues, feel free to PM me and I'll get back to you as soon as I can to fix the issue. I have used nothing from anypony elses work, except Verdana - with Verdana's permission.

More Copyright Stuff:
Spoiler:

Credits:
Myself - coding + art + base ideas.
  • captaincharisma - Many of the Pony ideas. They can be found here: http://www.minecraft...ttle-pony-mobs/ Also made all the version 1 Pony Textures! Thanks!
  • doomfan64 - Pinkie Pie drops cake/cookies (she drops sugar now, but in the future I'll put it back to cake). Thanks!
  • malkier1 - Lots of awesome suggestions!
  • darthvader45 - More Suggestions!
  • RickyMario7 - Awesome Pony Houses! Bugtester! Textures for the Celestial tools.
  • Verdana (maker of Mine Little Pony mod) - For being inspiration for this mod. Also allowed me to use the models and skins from said mod. Thanks!
  • Peteian - For being hilarious and doing the taming tutorial video! And for bug mentioning!
  • Dann494 - Gem textures, Zap Apple tree and Fluttershy tree textures, gem ore texture, cherry tree texture, popcorn texture, gem texture, fertilizer texture, apple juice texture, outside of fluttershy log, inside of cherry and zap apple logs, and the entire apple log. also apple leaves, and zap apple leaves, also the Changeling egg and Changeling texture Posted Image And bug mentioning!
  • Nry - Waterproof barrels idea.
  • Everypony on this thread for your awesome suggestions
  • SpaceKGreen - barrel texture
Warning: This mod contains relatively-quickly colour-changing sheep.
I'm uncertain if it's enough to affect people with epilepsy, but here's a warning, just in case.

FAQ/NSFAQ/Random Questions That May Get Asked At Some Point
Spoiler:

Downloads:
ALL: download for 1.5.2

Core: download for 1.5.2
Cloud: download for 1.5.2
Veg: download for 1.5.2
Render: download for 1.5.2

Old Versions:
Spoiler:

Texture Pack?
There's a texture pack (and sound pack) by OmfgPickles that's going to be awesome. You can find it here.
There's a Faithful 32x texture pack addition made by ReaperDTC that you can find here.

Want to copy and paste this mod thread on your site, and then put the download link behind an ad.fly (or other monetising) link?
You can't.
Stop doing it.
It's not that I don't want people using this mod, it's that other websites may alter the mod in some way as to make it evil. Also, it's immoral. If you want to share about the mod, please feel free to copy and paste the thread but the DOWNLOAD LINK MUST BE TO THIS THREAD. You can NOT include a download link on your page.

Requires:
  • Minecraft Forge & The version of Minecraft listed next to the download links.
Thank you everypony for the help and inspiration! This mod would not be where it is now without YOU.

Feeling Awesome?
Please put this as your signature! It gives you +25 awesomeness and +20 coolness.
[url="http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1115484-wip-125-mine-little-brony/"][img]http://i.imgur.com/1yyTw.png[/img][/url]

Creates this:
Spoiler:

(Thanks dann494 for the awesome banner image!)

Enjoy my mods?
If you enjoy my mods and have money to spare, and want a hug from me if we ever meet (optional :3), perhaps you might consider donating:
Bitcoin: 17Z3MKvaDohTDcys47NsA95mMSocDFUrc1
Dogecoin: DMVzzmK3LEVkhY7RGoKXZAd2t9Lp1ichzD

Edited by Teotoo, 17 December 2013 - 05:01 PM.

Posted Image
If you're having trouble pronouncing my name, it's Tea-oh-2. If you have a crashlog, put it in spoiler tags!

Register or log in to remove.

CubiaRemains
  • Minecraft: Rey1119
  • Xbox:rey s1119

Posted 24 March 2012 - 01:44 AM

looks good!
dose it change the player model also ro do we need the minelp mod also?

Posted Image

Midget501
  • Minecraft: Midget501

Posted 24 March 2012 - 04:51 AM

:D this looks promising
Posted Image

captaincharisma

Posted 24 March 2012 - 05:22 AM

Bookmarked. I'll download this when the pony mobs are complete :D If you need ideas for the mobs, i put up a thread a few days ago looking for a mod like this. You can use some of the ideas there ;) http://www.minecraft...ttle-pony-mobs/

Will there be a way to exclude the new biome? I don't want anything that changes the terrain :o Just some questions about a few features; how do pony mobs spawn? the way hostile mobs and ocelots do or the way passive mobs(exept ocelots) do? Or did you do something completely different? And will the trees and rare shelter remove blocks from the terrain to spawn? Sorry for all the questions :)

Teotoo
    Teotoo

Nether Resident

• Members
  • 2027 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 10:09 PM

View Postcaptaincharisma, on 24 March 2012 - 05:22 AM, said:

Bookmarked. I'll download this when the pony mobs are complete Posted Image If you need ideas for the mobs, i put up a thread a few days ago looking for a mod like this. You can use some of the ideas there Posted Image http://www.minecraft...ttle-pony-mobs/

Will there be a way to exclude the new biome? I don't want anything that changes the terrain Posted Image Just some questions about a few features; how do pony mobs spawn? the way hostile mobs and ocelots do or the way passive mobs(exept ocelots) do? Or did you do something completely different? And will the trees and rare shelter remove blocks from the terrain to spawn? Sorry for all the questions Posted Image

The pony mobs spawn like friendly mobs, but you can use the purple book to spawn a mob Posted Image. When I finish the mobs, I'm thinking of having it so background characters spawn randomly like friendlies, and you can only spawn the mane 6 from...maybe the elements of harmony.

EDIT: I just read your page, your ideas are awesome! With this in mind, I'm probably going to do it so the mane 6 spawn normally, and if you want a background pony, you can spawn it in.

Trees and rare shelters (and the EFF) *should* only spawn in areas you havent gone into yet - think of it like the jungle update - you had to travel a distance / make a new map so the world will generate an area with the new things in it.
As for excluding the new biome, I'll probably make it so there are 2 options: 1) The full version, and 2) A version without any new world generation (which will mean no EFF, and no fluttershy trees / zap apple trees). In that case, I'll include a means to create saplings for them or something Posted Image

And it's no problem - I welcome any questions - they will help with the development of this mod, so thanks!

View PostCubiaRemains, on 24 March 2012 - 01:44 AM, said:

looks good!
dose it change the player model also ro do we need the minelp mod also?

It does not change the player model, as that would be infringing on the MineLittlePony mod - and I wouldn't want to do that Posted Image

Edited by Teotoo, 24 March 2012 - 10:27 PM.

Posted Image
If you're having trouble pronouncing my name, it's Tea-oh-2. If you have a crashlog, put it in spoiler tags!

captaincharisma

Posted 25 March 2012 - 03:44 AM

View PostTeotoo, on 24 March 2012 - 10:09 PM, said:

The pony mobs spawn like friendly mobs, but you can use the purple book to spawn a mob Posted Image. When I finish the mobs, I'm thinking of having it so background characters spawn randomly like friendlies, and you can only spawn the mane 6 from...maybe the elements of harmony.

EDIT: I just read your page, your ideas are awesome! With this in mind, I'm probably going to do it so the mane 6 spawn normally, and if you want a background pony, you can spawn it in.

Trees and rare shelters (and the EFF) *should* only spawn in areas you havent gone into yet - think of it like the jungle update - you had to travel a distance / make a new map so the world will generate an area with the new things in it.
As for excluding the new biome, I'll probably make it so there are 2 options: 1) The full version, and 2) A version without any new world generation (which will mean no EFF, and no fluttershy trees / zap apple trees). In that case, I'll include a means to create saplings for them or something Posted Image

And it's no problem - I welcome any questions - they will help with the development of this mod, so thanks!

It does not change the player model, as that would be infringing on the MineLittlePony mod - and I wouldn't want to do that Posted Image
Hmm... Maybe add a way to "tame" a mob and then have them wander within 100 blocks away from last place you slept? I dont want them wandering off too far :P The poison joke seems fun, and it could be a good protection against creepers :D (cause the cats are useless now)

captaincharisma

Posted 28 March 2012 - 04:19 AM

This is looking great! Posted Image Can't wait for the download Posted Image Uhm, do you need help with the pony textures? I think i can improve their faces and some of the cutie marks. And I think Fluttershy's colors don't really match what she looks like... May I have a copy of their textures? I'm sorry if that seemed rude to you or if you're planning to change them yourself. :o I understand if you dont want my help :)

Teotoo
    Teotoo

Nether Resident

• Members
  • 2027 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 11:47 AM

View Postcaptaincharisma, on 28 March 2012 - 04:19 AM, said:

This is looking great! Posted Image Can't wait for the download Posted Image Uhm, do you need help with the pony textures? I think i can improve their faces and some of the cutie marks. And I think Fluttershy's colors don't really match what she looks like... May I have a copy of their textures? I'm sorry if that seemed rude to you or if you're planning to change them yourself. Posted Image I understand if you dont want my help Posted Image

Yeah, the textures are stand-in-so-i-can-check-code-for-stuff-but-so-they-still-look-half-decent textures. (also, I dislike texturing :P) Hang on, I'll just dig through my folders and find them. You can find them here: https://www.dropbox....9n/textures.zip - I included a template for each race, too. Thanks :D
Posted Image

captaincharisma

Posted 28 March 2012 - 12:07 PM

thanks! im working on fluttershy right now :) will the textures still work if its 128x128? the eyes would look better if i had more pixels. Hope this isnt too much of a hassle...

Teotoo
    Teotoo

Nether Resident

• Members
  • 2027 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 12:19 PM

View Postcaptaincharisma, on 28 March 2012 - 12:07 PM, said:

thanks! im working on fluttershy right now Posted Image will the textures still work if its 128x128? the eyes would look better if i had more pixels. Hope this isnt too much of a hassle...

The textures won't work if it's 128x128 - it would mean patching minecraft with mcpatcher (as far as i know).
Posted Image

captaincharisma

Posted 28 March 2012 - 12:40 PM

Aw. Well I have wolves using a 128x64 texture. Their regular texture is 64x32. Oh well, Ill find another way to make the eyes :)

SuperRutabaga
  • Minecraft: Superturnip

Posted 28 March 2012 - 10:59 PM

Nice work! Even as a standalone non-pony mod (why would anyone want that? I want all my mods to be pony mods), this looks wonderfully fun and playable, just as Minecraft should be!

Posted Image

captaincharisma

Posted 29 March 2012 - 03:33 AM

Finally finished the Fluttershy skin. I basically just changed the skin color more yellowish, made the hair and tail pink, changed the eye color to blue, removed the nose(i dont really like it...) and fixed a little mistake in the tail(one column of pixels were transparent). I also changed the shape of the hair... I hope nothing's in the wrong place though, tell me if something seems weird. Do you like it? If you do, I think I can also skin the rest, although Rarity's hair... is a bit tricky to make.... If not, it's okay, I had fun trying :)
Posted Image

Teotoo
    Teotoo

Nether Resident

• Members
  • 2027 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 09:48 AM

View Postcaptaincharisma, on 29 March 2012 - 03:33 AM, said:

Finally finished the Fluttershy skin. I basically just changed the skin color more yellowish, made the hair and tail pink, changed the eye color to blue, removed the nose(i dont really like it...) and fixed a little mistake in the tail(one column of pixels were transparent). I also changed the shape of the hair... I hope nothing's in the wrong place though, tell me if something seems weird. Do you like it? If you do, I think I can also skin the rest, although Rarity's hair... is a bit tricky to make.... If not, it's okay, I had fun trying Posted Image
Posted Image

From what I have seen, it looks really good! (Fluttershy runs away from me so it's hard to keep her still Posted Image) The only thing that looks a teeeny bit strange is the back of her head. I'll provide a screenshot. Posted Image - apart from that, I really like her mane! The face is really well done too. Thanks! I like it - do you feel like doing the rest?
Posted Image

captaincharisma

Posted 29 March 2012 - 10:36 AM

View PostTeotoo, on 29 March 2012 - 09:48 AM, said:

From what I have seen, it looks really good! (Fluttershy runs away from me so it's hard to keep her still Posted Image) The only thing that looks a teeeny bit strange is the back of her head. I'll provide a screenshot. Posted Image - apart from that, I really like her mane! The face is really well done too. Thanks! I like it - do you feel like doing the rest?
Hmm... That was one of the problems I came across... Would the back look better if i remove the hair there? I don't mind doing the rest, but I can see a problem with Rarity. Her mane seems difficult to recreate... Alright, I'll get started on AJ tomorrow. By when do you need them finished?

Teotoo
    Teotoo

Nether Resident

• Members
  • 2027 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 11:04 AM

View Postcaptaincharisma, on 29 March 2012 - 10:36 AM, said:

Hmm... That was one of the problems I came across... Would the back look better if i remove the hair there? I don't mind doing the rest, but I can see a problem with Rarity. Her mane seems difficult to recreate... Alright, I'll get started on AJ tomorrow. By when do you need them finished?

Well, I was planning on releasing tomorrow, as coding and bugfixes are almost complete, but perhaps that will have to be a prerelease. Alternatively I could fix my skins that I did, and upload the whole thing as finished tomorrow, with a notice of a pending update, and then I could add your skins when you're ready :).
Posted Image

captaincharisma

Posted 29 March 2012 - 11:17 AM

View PostTeotoo, on 29 March 2012 - 11:04 AM, said:

Well, I was planning on releasing tomorrow, as coding and bugfixes are almost complete, but perhaps that will have to be a prerelease. Alternatively I could fix my skins that I did, and upload the whole thing as finished tomorrow, with a notice of a pending update, and then I could add your skins when you're ready Posted Image.
You could do that :D I'm real slow at making skins since I do trial and error. I also want to see your skins, cause they might be better than mine :o

captaincharisma

Posted 30 March 2012 - 05:04 AM

Two more ponies done. And i removed the extra layers of hair on the back of Fluttershy's head. Tell me if it still looks... weird cause I can't check them myself. Posted Image For AJ, I changed the skin, the hair color, a little bit of the face, removed the snout and changed the shape of her hair(plus the red hairband thing Posted Image ) For Twilight, I just changed the hair, removed the snout and hair color, that's it Posted Image It was pretty hard trying to get the hair right though. Hope you like them! I'll get to Pinky and Derpy next. The hard ones go last Posted Image

Posted Image    Posted Image    Posted Image

EDIT: I decided to do one last pony for the day and chose Derpy. But the default mane was actually pretty close to Derpy's. So were the colors. The only thing I managed to do was remove the snout, raise the face by one row and add eyelashes. I'm not sure if the eyelashes fit Derpy though. Should i remove them? Anyway; Posted Image

EDIT of an EDIT: So I was watching MLP and finally saw Rainbow's back and how her mane switched colors from red/orange/yellow to green/blue/purple.
Posted Image
It made me want to try and finish Rainbow's skin. Here:   Posted Image  If you don't want that kind of mane, i could change it back to the all-rainbow-colors-in-one-line style. Posted Image For RD, I just changed the skin color, mane and changed a tiny detail on the cutie mark Posted Image

EDIT of an EDIT of an EDIT: I decided to finish before you release :P For Pinkie.... I tried, but I couldn't make Pinkie's mane look thick and swirly, so the only thing I did was remove the snout... sorry.. For Rarity, I did my best to make her mane look nice. I also edited the tail, the eyes and removed the snout.

Posted Image      Posted Image

If anything is wrong or looks odd, tell me, I'll fix it as soon as possible ;)

Teotoo
    Teotoo

Nether Resident

• Members
  • 2027 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 12:49 PM

View Postcaptaincharisma, on 30 March 2012 - 05:04 AM, said:

Two more ponies done. And i removed the extra layers of hair on the back of Fluttershy's head. Tell me if it still looks... weird cause I can't check them myself. Posted Image For AJ, I changed the skin, the hair color, a little bit of the face, removed the snout and changed the shape of her hair(plus the red hairband thing Posted Image ) For Twilight, I just changed the hair, removed the snout and hair color, that's it Posted Image It was pretty hard trying to get the hair right though. Hope you like them! I'll get to Pinky and Derpy next. The hard ones go last Posted Image

Posted Image    Posted Image    Posted Image

EDIT: I decided to do one last pony for the day and chose Derpy. But the default mane was actually pretty close to Derpy's. So were the colors. The only thing I managed to do was remove the snout, raise the face by one row and add eyelashes. I'm not sure if the eyelashes fit Derpy though. Should i remove them? Anyway; Posted Image

EDIT of an EDIT: So I was watching MLP and finally saw Rainbow's back and how her mane switched colors from red/orange/yellow to green/blue/purple.
Posted Image
It made me want to try and finish Rainbow's skin. Here:   Posted Image  If you don't want that kind of mane, i could change it back to the all-rainbow-colors-in-one-line style. Posted Image For RD, I just changed the skin color, mane and changed a tiny detail on the cutie mark Posted Image

EDIT of an EDIT of an EDIT: I decided to finish before you release Posted Image For Pinkie.... I tried, but I couldn't make Pinkie's mane look thick and swirly, so the only thing I did was remove the snout... sorry.. For Rarity, I did my best to make her mane look nice. I also edited the tail, the eyes and removed the snout.

Posted Image   Posted Image

If anything is wrong or looks odd, tell me, I'll fix it as soon as possible Posted Image

Wow, that was fast! Thank you! Great job on the textures. Edit-ception. All the textures are great. I'm having issues with my Internet connection at the moment - but this mod will be released today!
Posted Image

captaincharisma

Posted 30 March 2012 - 02:25 PM

View PostTeotoo, on 30 March 2012 - 12:49 PM, said:

Wow, that was fast! Thank you! Great job on the textures. Edit-ception. All the textures are great. I'm having issues with my Internet connection at the moment - but this mod will be released today!
Great! Posted Image Can't wait! I'll check it out tomorrow, I'm gotta sleep soon Posted Image
EDIT: About the bug, it seems 1.2.4 is really buggy. Ironic since its the update that mostly had bug fixes. I've seen alot of people saying their game crashed randomly, even on vanilla. So, if i get the crash once, you say i won't get it again? Oh, and did the crash affect the save in anyway?