Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

* * * * - 6 votes

Minecraft News - MCX360 Release Info, 1.2.4 Update & More

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

King Korihor

Posted 23 March 2012 - 10:42 PM

I think Notch could create a version of Pong and sell a million copies @ $10 each.  He might get hate mail after that, but his largest problem is simply going to be getting people to be genuinely but constructively critical of his work and offering legitimate suggestions for whatever he comes up with.

Now if he could put in a "mini-game" or elements of SpaceWar..... that would be impressive!
Posted Image
Version 2.1 now updated for MC 1.6.2

Register or log in to remove.

DEVONtheShaymin

Posted 23 March 2012 - 11:25 PM

Alright, all this controversy circling Sony's PS3 and Minecraft is being way blown out of proportion! They couldn't get it together at the moment, but if in the future after XBox has had it's sales with Minecraft, Sony has to pull some strings. Or else they are bound to lose money. I have nothing but respect for the companies of Mojang and Sony, but this just couldn't happen now and that's that. So move on and look at the possibilities that XBox can open for Minecraft. And also what the PC version still has in store! Now I'm going to switch gears here and talk about Notch's game. The concept of this Space scenario is great. I think Notch is one of those guys who can generate and produce ideas better on his own like me, but what makes him a very great man and gamemaker is to put his projects in the open and work with those around him. A tag team of skills like that is bound to produce some great work! Onto the game, to move around your ship, operate it, and disembark from it would be amazing! I would like to think of it as Zelda's "The Wind Waker"'s boat except with more freedom to move around on your spaceship, to land on other planets, and to aimlessly roam space blowing up meteors. This game cannot be expected to have great things as of now, but in the future we can foresee plenty of open minded possibilities for such a game. All we can do is stand behind Notch and root him on, so I end my rant with this...
GO NOTCH!!!!!!! :)
Devon: You see that?
Random Dude: What? That mud house?
Devon: MUD HOUSE!?! That's the Mud Hut of Massitivity!!! Get it right people!!!
--
Nandonalt, you rock!!!

MineCrak
    MineCrak

Blaze Extinguisher

• Members
  • 4130 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 11:46 PM

View PostHesjing, on 23 March 2012 - 08:54 PM, said:

I Vote for Notch's game!
There is no games out there that actually allows you to interact with the ship itself, or to use it to get around maybe a random generated space... Damn, i got to many ideas... most ideas comes from playing Gmod's Space mod thingy... been a few years since i last played gmod, but i remember a lot of things...

Well, in either case, i backup Notch's space-game idea!

Ummm, there's a million of them.. X3Reunion and X3Terran Conflict being two more recent massive and even now DRM-Free ones I can think of. It would take notch 10 to 20 years to even try to recreate that game by himself based on his speed with the (simple by comparison) Minecraft... Really, any dev working by themself would take forever just to recreate that.

But so long as he's having fun doing it and having the rest of the company work on other projects, then what the heck. Maybe he will throw in some uniquely fun surprises and give us a modern version of Traveller! That would kick-ass!

btw: If you have a reasonably modern system play X3Terran Conflict instead of Reunion. TC is the same universe but much better.

Bumber
    Bumber

Portal Expert

• Members
  • 5000 posts
  • Location: Loafing around like bread and growing binary trees.
  • Minecraft: rwilliams1990

Posted 23 March 2012 - 11:59 PM

View Postplaff, on 23 March 2012 - 09:17 PM, said:

Blockade Runner is going to hate him, but I would love to see Notch make a space game!
I was thinking the same thing.
Spoiler:
I lurk sometimes. I don't post anymore.

King Korihor

Posted 24 March 2012 - 12:00 AM

View PostMineCrak, on 23 March 2012 - 11:46 PM, said:

But so long as he's having fun doing it and having the rest of the company work on other projects, then what the heck. Maybe he will throw in some uniquely fun surprises and give us a modern version of Traveller! That would kick-ass!

Dang!  I spent hundreds of dollars on that game when I was a kid.  It was also some of my first "hacking" projects where I put the Traveller database library onto the help system of a VAX-11 for one of my campaigns (and blew away the crew I was game master over).  Designing spaceships for that system was half the fun, much less blowing other ships out of the sky or throwing some of those polarized hand grenades.

Now that would definitely make me nostalgic.
Posted Image

TheSpectre
  • Minecraft: Nick_the_Creeper
  • Xbox:Fedora12

Posted 24 March 2012 - 01:20 AM

View Postlinefly1231, on 23 March 2012 - 08:10 PM, said:

It's not.. You're probably saying that because you're an Xbox fanboy. Playstation is awesome!

I really want it on PS3, so much..

Because they made a deal with Microsoft that they wouldn't make the game for any other consoles. Microsoft is rather hard to refuse......
Christianity in a nutshell: We have all sinned, so we deserve eternity in hell. But God (God the Father, God the Son, and the Holy Spirit) loved us so much he sent His Son to die for us, to take the punishment meant for us. All we need to do is accept it, and we have heaven headed our way.

mynameisimmaterial
  • Minecraft: nameisimmaterial

Posted 24 March 2012 - 03:27 AM

Really? We play any game that Notch even thinks about.
I dont have a sig or an avatar. (Except that (V), which is for Science! You monster.) They're like my name. Immaterial.
GENERATION 20: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment

mazioman
    mazioman

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 24 posts
  • Minecraft: Mazioman

Posted 24 March 2012 - 03:28 AM

I say go for it, if its anything like minecraft i think i speak for all of us when I say I'd buy it. I'd also like to see a little Hitchhiker's Guide to The Galaxy-like moments, such as aliens that have bottoms for faces! Okay mabye not that, but you get the picture......

P.S. Pardon the pun but I think it should be called Space-craft!!!!
Maziman Scans the region from his mountain-top villa, the warm sun rippleing arcoss his face, he sees a creeper. Mazioman: HEY CREEPER COME GET YER WHOOPIN!

CaptainFartSack

Posted 24 March 2012 - 03:29 AM

Add to list
-Get 3000 ms points
Hmmm What to do what to do i know MINECRAFT! Wheew oh wait It Doesn't work and it didnt work since 1.8 ):

Rufus
    Rufus

Nether Resident

• Members
  • 2231 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 03:32 AM

I can see it now; travelling through randomly generated space, collecting raw materials, crafting items and selling the resulting items on other planets. It could be awesome. All it needs is a name; how about.......... Starcraft.......... oh, wait.
Posted Image

HalomostGull3

Posted 24 March 2012 - 04:31 AM

When is Minecraft out caue i cant see it in Xbox in game marketplacePosted Image

King Korihor

Posted 24 March 2012 - 06:44 AM

View PostRufus, on 24 March 2012 - 03:32 AM, said:

All it needs is a name; how about.......... Starcraft.......... oh, wait.

Notch mentioned that in one of his interviews... and then also mentioned that the name was takenPosted Image
Posted Image

DEVONtheShaymin

Posted 24 March 2012 - 06:55 AM

View PostHalomostGull3, on 24 March 2012 - 04:31 AM, said:

When is Minecraft out caue i cant see it in Xbox in game marketplacePosted Image

Read the post? it's in there, it's also in the video... May 8th I believe it was but when it comes to dates I forget easily...
Devon: You see that?
Random Dude: What? That mud house?
Devon: MUD HOUSE!?! That's the Mud Hut of Massitivity!!! Get it right people!!!
--
Nandonalt, you rock!!!

Epic_Minings
  • Minecraft: epic_minings

Posted 24 March 2012 - 08:47 AM

It's not.. You're probably saying that because you're an Xbox fanboy. Playstation is awesome!

Well Said

Johnymaster

Posted 24 March 2012 - 09:45 AM

Yeh Minecraft! The videos you make are awsome! But the problem is i don't have an Xbox360 :(
But Continue Putting great stuff in the MCX360

Woofel
    Woofel

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 11:07 AM

There should be more minecraft updates like this ;)
It's AWESOME !!!!!!

C4L3N
    C4L3N

Carpenter

• Members
  • 65 posts
  • Minecraft: C4L3N
  • Xbox:C4L3N

Posted 24 March 2012 - 11:46 AM

id say get a concept down and make it fit in with firefly. elements of X3 and mass effect, for example... your main character is an ex-soldier from the serenity conflict, after a combat training session (the player learns movement, using cover and combat during a 'flashback' of the conflict. Then the player chooses between multiple variations of firefly class ships. some more combat ready and others equiped specially for illegal salvage missions. now heres where notch would win the players even more. elements of dead space, the salvage mission require you to leave the ship on a spacewalk to anchor in and retrieve whatever is of value. from time to time though you might have to deal with the horror of reavers (hence dead space). just an idea but it follows the firefly universe somewhat accurately and would allow for over 100 hours of playtime if done right.

• Posted Image Posted Image

RyubosJ
    RyubosJ

Carpenter

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 11:52 AM

I like the ship idear. please make it :eyes:

pengu221a
  • Minecraft: pengu221a

Posted 24 March 2012 - 12:32 PM

View PostHyperion01, on 23 March 2012 - 06:58 PM, said:

Why they don't support PS3 too Posted Image

notch made a deal with microsoft and sony didnt want minceaft for PS3

Thoth_djehuty100
  • Location: In a cobweb. Which is located in some-ones attic. On Mars.

Posted 24 March 2012 - 01:19 PM

I'm not an xbox fanboy either, mine's just gathering dust under the sofa until minecraft comes out :P
Posted Image