Drainal
    Drainal

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 185 posts
  • Minecraft: Drainal

Posted 23 March 2012 - 05:35 PM

MineCraft Bosses

Ever since Ghasts were added people have been asking for a better "boss". Then, as of 1.0 we got this terrible realm called The End and a disgraceful mob named The Endragon. The amount of threads (Like this one) revolving a better boss/endragon is enough to tell us that MineCraft lacks challenge in terms of mobs and bosses. But, since we already have one boss, why not add some more?

Alright, let's get this straight though; I'm not asking for the hardest bosses with the weirdest names, because this is MineCraft - Not RuneScape. All I'm asking for is more challenge that all of us advanced MineCrafters have been searching so desperately for and rewards that don't involve infinite diamonds for once. Here are some of my boss profiles so far.

Name: Spider Queen
Health Points: 48 Hearts
Spawn: Abandoned MineShaft Room When within a chunk away on Normal+ Difficulty
Spoiler:
Drops: 2 - 5 string, 8 spider eyes
Size: 4 x 4 x 1½
Experience Points: 800 (Level 20)
Battle AI: Summons spiders and cave spiders and number dependent on game difficulty.
Normal: 2 spiders or cave spiders
Hard & Hardcore: 4 spiders or cave spiders
Summon Rate: Cave Spider 25% Spider 75%
Attack Strength: Varies by Game Difficulty and is based on an unarmed player
Normal: 2 full hearts
Hard & Hardcore: 4 full hearts
Appearance: Brown spider, like so:
Posted Image
I support BETTER DRAGONS!
Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

ivybridge
  • Minecraft: ivy_bridge

Posted 23 March 2012 - 05:49 PM

I am strongly opposed to Bosses in the overworld. However, we do need better bosses in the other dimensions. That i support.

Posted Image

Click the Egg. Or It Will Seek Revenge!

Apollo9898
  • Minecraft: Apollo9898

Posted 23 March 2012 - 08:08 PM

Not bad, but we can do better! I've already made suggestions of epic bosses in the BossCraft topic. (btw, LINK: http://www.minecraft...e/page__st__100) I'll make a few more suggestions for this in another comment. Just give me a few mins.
Posted Image

Apollo9898
  • Minecraft: Apollo9898

Posted 23 March 2012 - 08:17 PM

boss ideas

Mountain Golem

A large troll-like monster made of stone. He attacks with brute force, smashing his fists into the ground thus causing large explosions. He can be summoned by using the Horn of Everest in a mountain biome.

(More to come I'm just to tired to write them now)
Posted Image

SilverJ-17
  • Minecraft: SilverJ17

Posted 23 March 2012 - 11:41 PM

I'm all for some more bosses, but I'd rather see them in the overworld than even more dimensions added, for the sake of adding bosses.  They need to code bosses to spawn in certain structures and areas, instead of making a whole dimension for one boss. (Enderdragon)  The big open rooms you often see near Abanonded Mineshafts would seem perfect for such a boss.

I'm hoping the potential desert well structure/ stronghold will be home to a mummy boss or something, as it seems mummies were hinted. (I'd rather it be as a boss, instead of a new enemy.)  Maybe, the mummy could have magical ranged attacks or attacks, so they just aren't reskinned zombies with a whole lot of health.
"I don't plan to add a new dimension at the moment. It's just to performance heavy on servers, and the current dimensions need more attention before we start adding new ones."  < Yeah, like biomes or actual varied terrain in the nether.  Nether ruins didn't do the trick at all.

Drainal
    Drainal

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 185 posts
  • Minecraft: Drainal

Posted 24 March 2012 - 01:28 AM

View PostApollo9898, on 23 March 2012 - 08:17 PM, said:

boss ideas

Mountain Golem

A large troll-like monster made of stone. He attacks with brute force, smashing his fists into the ground thus causing large explosions. He can be summoned by using the Horn of Everest in a mountain biome.

(More to come I'm just to tired to write them now)

Please don't try and merge your ideas with mine. I'm grateful that you have you've given your feedback, but I was not aiming for mystical creatures and scrolls and such in MineCraft.
I support BETTER DRAGONS!
Posted Image

JakeTehDracomancer
  • Minecraft: JakeTehHero

Posted 24 March 2012 - 01:38 AM

The Spider Queen has been grossly overposted. New bosses are, however, in order. What I think Minecraft needs is a mine lurker that isn't Slimes. Slimes in Mines is totally Dungeons and Dragons.
Excuse me, but that was my comment you just read there, bub.Posted Image

pinecone28
  • Minecraft: Pinecone28

Posted 24 March 2012 - 03:38 AM

heh heh runescape.....Anyways it sounds awesome.But maybe like other dimensions for them?Like the spider queen lays spider eggs?

Im stupid for not readin the whole thing!

Edited by pinecone28, 24 March 2012 - 03:39 AM.

Like my Fan_Page on Facebook!!!"Minecraft Fan Page"should be the third one when you type in"Minecraft"