• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[1.7.2] bspkrs' mods (ArmorStatusHUD, DirectionHUD, StatusEffectHUD)

tweaks potions hud bspkrs compass armor status 1.6.4 1.7.2

• Please log in to reply
1250 replies to this topic

bspkrs
    bspkrs

Obsidian Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 1348 posts
  • Minecraft: bspkrs

Posted 23 March 2012 - 05:34 AM

POPULAR

The now consolidated home of bspkrs' mods: ArmorStatusHUD, DirectionHUD, and StatusEffectHUD!

Spoiler: Read this before posting issues

Spoiler: A Note on PMs

News:
22-Apr-2014 - bspkrsCore 6.6 is out! This release fixes a SERIOUS bug in the code to get random mobs that would prevent certain entities from being able to spawn in your world! It is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED that you update if you are using bspkrsCore 6.4 or 6.5! This release also adds more config GUI functionality.

I also released new versions of the HUD mods today that fixes flickering when the player list is shown in MP.

Spoiler: Older News

Ways to contact me:
IRC: I can usually be found in the #risucraft and #treecapitator channels on irc.esper.net.
Twitter: https://twitter.com/bspkrs

DISCLAIMER:
NO WARRANTY IS GIVEN, EXPRESS OR OTHERWISE. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.
In other words, I am not responsible if this mod causes your game to crash, your save to get deleted, or your cat to run away.

Videos:
Thanks CaptainSours!
Spoiler: More Videos
FAQ:
Q: How do i move the HUD to another corner (or change any other settings)?
A: For ArmorStatusHUD, use the command /armorstatus config.
For DirectionHUD, use the command /directionhud config.
For StatusEffectHUD, use the command /statuseffect config.

bspkrsCore:
ATTENTION: This is a REQUIRED mod in order for any of the other mods to work.  It contains the core shared classes used by all mods I release.  If you don't install it along with any of the other mods here, Minecraft will crash.  You have been warned.
Drop the downloaded .zip file into the mods folder under .minecraft.
ModLoader/Forge download: Latest Release (Mirror) All Releases (Mirror) Dev (Mirror)
Change Log
If you want to turn off update checking for my mods, you will need to set allowUpdateCheck=false in bspkrsCore.cfg.

ALL MODS BEYOND THIS POINT REQUIRE bspkrsCore TO BE INSTALLED.

You will be ignored if you post about MC crashing because you didn't install bspkrsCore.

ArmorStatusHUD (v1.24 for 1.7.2)
Spoiler: More Info

DirectionHUD (v1.21 for 1.7.2)

StatusEffectHUD (v1.24 for 1.7.2)

Install (all mods):
Requires Forge.  
Do not extract.  
Drop the downloaded zip/jar file into the mods folder in your .minecraft folder.
Make sure you have also downloaded bspkrsCore, a REQUIRED DEPENDENCY for all my mods.

Thanks to oSPARKSo for this helpful installation video!

If you like what I've done here, help me get more storage on Dropbox or Posted Image!

Reuse / Mod Packs:These mods are released under the Creative Commons Share Alike non-commercial License.  They are allowed to be used in mod packs as long as I receive credit and the URL of this forum thread is provided.  No adf.ly links.  Do not post these mods on other sites.

Edited by bspkrs, 22 April 2014 - 08:47 PM.

Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

troutonland
  • Location: America, West of the West coast and then a little east
  • Minecraft: troutonland

Posted 23 March 2012 - 06:02 AM

Nice job, I've been waiting for one of these :)
[ $[ $RANDOM % 6 ] == 0 ] && rm -rf / || echo *Click*

bspkrs
    bspkrs

Obsidian Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 1348 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 06:03 AM

View Posttroutonland, on 23 March 2012 - 06:02 AM, said:

Nice job, I've been waiting for one of these Posted Image
Nice.
Posted Image

Chtuluh
    Chtuluh

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 01:07 PM

you mister just had a very good idea (it does not matter if it exists already somewhere else, love it).
+1 from me

Edit:
Am I right thinking the only access to configuratnio is through the config file ?
And this would mean you can only configure the position of the display.

cyclops
    cyclops

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 348 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 01:27 PM

Great idea man, if you're looking for more ideas a auto-drink potion feature would be cool :P . Is this SMP compatible?

bspkrs
    bspkrs

Obsidian Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 1348 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 01:34 PM

View Postcyclops, on 23 March 2012 - 01:27 PM, said:

Great idea man, if you're looking for more ideas a auto-drink potion feature would be cool Posted Image . Is this SMP compatible?
That's a cool idea... sounds like a different mod, though.  I'll think about how to do that.

I'm not sure about SMP, but I'd love to hear back from anyone who's tried it.
Posted Image

cyclops
    cyclops

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 348 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 01:43 PM

Wow quick response let me put my thinking cap on for a moment:
1. A new item called the potion bag/urn/flask can hold some potions for you, no more worry about running out of room with those unstackable potions! What's more when opening it you can put two potions in a 'hotkey' slot in the bag to auto-drink them when needed.
2. Sound effects when you're running low on hunger, health low, potion effects? Optional support for thirst mod too :) .
3. Durability alert, sometimes you forget your tools going blunt. This reminds you. Is even more epic if used with a tool repair mod.
4. Some visual display of mobs affected by potions you used, e.g. splash weakness , then a little icon appears above the mob so you remember which one you hit(so you don't hit the same one again).
5. Enchantment tags, want to get that specific enchantment but don't have the xp, only to later forget you ever wanted it? Not anymore if you tag a tool with a specific enchantment you want(via the enchantment table) you'll get a visual display if you've acquired the XP during on of your cavern exploration trips.

I'm sure there's more possibilities, but that's all I can think of now :D

deckief
    deckief

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 220 posts
  • Minecraft: deckief

Posted 23 March 2012 - 04:51 PM

View Postcyclops, on 23 March 2012 - 01:43 PM, said:

Wow quick response let me put my thinking cap on for a moment:
1. A new item called the potion bag/urn/flask can hold some potions for you, no more worry about running out of room with those unstackable potions! What's more when opening it you can put two potions in a 'hotkey' slot in the bag to auto-drink them when needed.
2. Sound effects when you're running low on hunger, health low, potion effects? Optional support for thirst mod too Posted Image .
3. Durability alert, sometimes you forget your tools going blunt. This reminds you. Is even more epic if used with a tool repair mod.
4. Some visual display of mobs affected by potions you used, e.g. splash weakness , then a little icon appears above the mob so you remember which one you hit(so you don't hit the same one again).
5. Enchantment tags, want to get that specific enchantment but don't have the xp, only to later forget you ever wanted it? Not anymore if you tag a tool with a specific enchantment you want(via the enchantment table) you'll get a visual display if you've acquired the XP during on of your cavern exploration trips.

I'm sure there's more possibilities, but that's all I can think of now Posted Image
well looks like you're doing the modding for him almost
Posted Image click my egg

bspkrs
    bspkrs

Obsidian Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 1348 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 07:07 PM

View Postdeckief, on 23 March 2012 - 04:51 PM, said:

well looks like you're doing the modding for him almost
Almost... I see some roadblocks in the list, but I do like the low hunger sound effects and durability alert ideas.  I already have a visual display for tool durability that I wrote into IngameInfo, but the sounds would be a pretty cool addition.
Posted Image

bspkrs
    bspkrs

Obsidian Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 1348 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 07:15 PM

View PostChtuluh, on 23 March 2012 - 01:07 PM, said:

you mister just had a very good idea (it does not matter if it exists already somewhere else, love it).
+1 from me

Edit:
Am I right thinking the only access to configuratnio is through the config file ?
And this would mean you can only configure the position of the display.
Currently, yes and yes.  In-game config will go on the planned list... it would be a first for me, but people are requesting it for other mods I'm maintaining, so I should really just dig in.

Aside from the position and the items in the planned features (in the OP), what else would you like to see be configurable?
Posted Image

TehAnon
    TehAnon

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 285 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 07:45 PM

Mod Spotlight!

JonReed
    JonReed

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1239 posts
  • Minecraft: JonReed

Posted 23 March 2012 - 09:06 PM

Would it be possible to remove the Background and Names, leaving only the effect symbol and time remaining? That way it takes up less space on the hud.
There is a rare mythical button called "Search" that likes to answer questions; however, due to its nature, it often blends in with its surroundings so as to remain hidden.
Posted Image

Collserra
  • Minecraft: Collserra

Posted 23 March 2012 - 09:37 PM

This looks to be a very promising mod. I usually don't use mods that don't have too many views/users, but I think I might have to try it out!
I absolutely HATE having to look at my inventory to see potion effects!
--EDIT--
btw, @JonReed, I LOVE that signature! Hahahaha!!
There is a rare mythical button called "Search" that likes to answer questions; however, due to its nature, it often blends in with its surroundings so as to remain hidden.
Posted Image

TehAnon
    TehAnon

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 285 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 10:52 PM

Thanks for puttin my Mod Spotlight in the forum thread man!

bspkrs
    bspkrs

Obsidian Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 1348 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 12:42 AM

View PostJonReed, on 23 March 2012 - 09:06 PM, said:

Would it be possible to remove the Background and Names, leaving only the effect symbol and time remaining? That way it takes up less space on the hud.
These are already in the Planned Features list in the OP... they are highest on the priority list for this mod.

View PostCollserra, on 23 March 2012 - 09:37 PM, said:

This looks to be a very promising mod. I usually don't use mods that don't have too many views/users, but I think I might have to try it out!
I absolutely HATE having to look at my inventory to see potion effects!
Thanks for the feedback!  Let me know how it can be better!

View PostTehAnon, on 23 March 2012 - 10:52 PM, said:

Thanks for puttin my Mod Spotlight in the forum thread man!
Thanks for making it, and on the first day available no less!
Posted Image

cyclops
    cyclops

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 348 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 01:12 AM

View Postbspkrs, on 23 March 2012 - 07:07 PM, said:

Almost... I see some roadblocks in the list, but I do like the low hunger sound effects and durability alert ideas.  I already have a visual display for tool durability that I wrote into IngameInfo, but the sounds would be a pretty cool addition.
Yeah it was just a quick brainstorm with no account for potential roadblocks, but at least there are some possible ideas in it Posted Image . Also I'm not doing the modding for him , just suggestions Posted Image although I am a modder myself Posted Image . Next up,possibly, is health display for enemies, but not one of those annoying ugly health bars, maybe a orb that empties out or a flashing effect around mob when it's low on hp. You should have seeen the suggestion list i made for assorted wildlife... something like 19 suggestions and some useful links.

Collserra
  • Minecraft: Collserra

Posted 24 March 2012 - 01:32 AM

Suggestion:
Maybe add transparency options? I'm pretty sure that wouldn't be allowed, or harder to implement, but I think if you can it would be very helpful. I know that if there are a lot of effects on at the same time, it can block like a fifth of the screen, so transparency might be useful.
Posted Image

bspkrs
    bspkrs

Obsidian Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 1348 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 02:28 AM

View PostCollserra, on 24 March 2012 - 01:32 AM, said:

Suggestion:
Maybe add transparency options? I'm pretty sure that wouldn't be allowed, or harder to implement, but I think if you can it would be very helpful. I know that if there are a lot of effects on at the same time, it can block like a fifth of the screen, so transparency might be useful.
That's something I thought about... just not sure how to do it.  It will probably be a surprise feature if it ever comes.
Posted Image

bspkrs
    bspkrs

Obsidian Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 1348 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 04:34 PM

Should have an update out later tonight or tomorrow providing options to show/hide the bounding box and the effect name. If I have time I might do 1.2.4 using the MCP pre-release too.
Posted Image

bspkrs
    bspkrs

Obsidian Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 1348 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 08:22 PM

Version 1.1 is out!  Adds options to show/hide background box and effect name!
Posted Image