• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

1.2.4 minecraft server.jar

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

thr4shmetal

Posted 22 March 2012 - 04:49 PM

1.2.4 minecraft server.jar, any idea where I can get this, Can't connect to server after update, downloaded the jar again from minecraft.net, nothin, also, im noticing I can't connect to major servers either.

Register or log in to remove.

Rogue
    Rogue

Gambrinous

• Forum Admin
  • Curse Premium
  • 8734 posts
  • Minecraft: Rogue
  • Xbox:RogueMurder

Posted 22 March 2012 - 05:38 PM

Most major servers are bukkit, which is not updated for 1.2.4.

Vanilla server: http://www.minecraft.net/download

Quote my post to make sure I see your reply - MCF Hosting CoordinatorPosted Image

thr4shmetal

Posted 22 March 2012 - 05:48 PM

I've DLed that server and replaced the JAR, when i run it, it still says it's 1.2.3

Nutella77
  • Minecraft: Blast_oise

Posted 22 March 2012 - 08:13 PM

I'm having a similar issue, when I tried to download the .exe on the site and update my server it still runs as a 1.2.3 server and my client is incompatible infoming me that my server is out of date (which is it.)

Rogue
    Rogue

Gambrinous

• Forum Admin
  • Curse Premium
  • 8734 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 08:28 PM

Hmm, I just downloaded it fine. Are you deleting the old file?

Quote my post to make sure I see your reply - MCF Hosting CoordinatorPosted Image

Nutella77

Posted 22 March 2012 - 08:37 PM

So your server is now 1.2.4? I use the .exe and I'm still downloading the 1.2.3.

Rogue
    Rogue

Gambrinous

• Forum Admin
  • Curse Premium
  • 8734 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 08:47 PM

No, I don't use the vanilla software. But I downloaded the .jar and ran it, and it was 1.2.4

Make sure you are replacing the older file.

Nutella77

Posted 22 March 2012 - 09:58 PM

In that case I guess I'm running the vanilla software.  Normally when using the .exe all you have to do is replace the new .exe server with the existing one I've done this twice and it worked, I just tried a minute ago to do the same thing with the 1.2.4 update and I keep downloading 1.2.3 servers off minecraft.net

Rogue
    Rogue

Gambrinous

• Forum Admin
  • Curse Premium
  • 8734 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 10:46 PM

I wouldn't know then. Perhaps a different browser? Have you tried connecting with the 1.2.4 client?

Nutella77

Posted 22 March 2012 - 11:04 PM

I guess I could try using firefox or internet explorer Posted Image.  But I have connected with the 1.2.4 client and playing single player until this all blows over.

Blade20217

Posted 23 March 2012 - 02:28 AM

I'm having this issue also.  If anyone finds a solution please post.  Its very weird.  If I run it on my computer it says its 1.2.4 but if I upload it to the server and run it, it treats it like 1.2.3.  

BUT!  The 1.2.3 jar was deleted....  (so confused)

Rogue
    Rogue

Gambrinous

• Forum Admin
  • Curse Premium
  • 8734 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 02:44 AM

I think there's a client side error with the 1.2.4 clients not connecting to 1.2.4 servers

Blade20217

Posted 23 March 2012 - 02:48 AM

Can't be cause I can connect to a server thats running 1.2.4 just fine.   And they are also running the .jar (not exe)

Rogue
    Rogue

Gambrinous

• Forum Admin
  • Curse Premium
  • 8734 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 03:11 AM

It obviously doesn't happen with everyone. I don't know, I can try to duplicate it on my side..

Blade20217

Posted 23 March 2012 - 03:26 AM

Yeah it has something to do with the server but I don't know what.  The server host did something to the server that was broken but fixed it somehow.  without changing the .jar.   i'm wondering if you have to remove a file?  

Other then that I wish I could be more help.  I've been trying to figure it out for the past hour or so....

undeadss
    undeadss

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 07:05 PM

i need the minecraft server jar for 1,2,3 minecraft have it for 1.2.4 i need the jar for my server

esocid
    esocid

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 12:52 AM

Also having this problem on my linux box. Did a wget with the minecraft_server.jar link, run it and clients can't connect. Says it's version 1.2.3 in the terminal.

Rogue
    Rogue

Gambrinous

• Forum Admin
  • Curse Premium
  • 8734 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 12:54 AM

View Postesocid, on 27 March 2012 - 12:52 AM, said:

Also having this problem on my linux box. Did a wget with the minecraft_server.jar link, run it and clients can't connect. Says it's version 1.2.3 in the terminal.
Have you tried just using ftp? and the command should be:
wget https://s3.amazonaws.com/MinecraftDownload/launcher/minecraft_server.jar?