• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[1.7.2] Ruins (Structure Spawning System)

ruins structure spawning aesthetic terrain api make your own 1.6.4 1.7.2

• Please log in to reply
1678 replies to this topic

morkil
    morkil

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 03:04 PM

I did some more testing and found out that adding missing stair blocks ids (53, 67) to the rotation settings seems to fix the problem (my first tests results were somehow wrong).
For the lazy people, here's fixed rotation_mappings.txt (zipped, unzip and place it in mods/resources/ruins folder).
Wooden sticks FTW! Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

AtomicStryker
  • Minecraft: AtomicStryker

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:52 PM

Ok, i added those to the download file (no new version).

MohawkyMagoo

Posted 01 January 2013 - 12:43 AM

Hmm, updated to the latest versuon - now I dont have any ruins spawning anywhere, Nothing. Anywhere. Checked the folders etc - it all looks fine.

AtomicStryker

Posted 01 January 2013 - 01:35 AM

Check your logfiles

MohawkyMagoo

Posted 01 January 2013 - 01:45 AM

View PostAtomicStryker, on 01 January 2013 - 01:35 AM, said:

Check your logfiles

Do you mean the Ruins logfile text in the mods folder? Its blank.  zip, nothing. If you mean a Forge log, I can upload a link to one of those if it helps, but when it comes to Forge logs, I dont really know what i'm looking at or for?

Its odd, of the 65 mods we currently run on LAN only Ruins and Custom NPC's have failed to reload - I wouldnt think there is any connection though.

Lithial
    Lithial

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 711 posts
  • Minecraft: Lithial

Posted 01 January 2013 - 06:23 AM

i have what i think is your first mod incompatibility. when you add ruins to ars magica you end up with ruins that spawn server side for up to 5000 blocks in each direction. (that's how far i got before i ran out of memory and crashed) and i wasn't even in the game. also it kicked me from the server so it could spawn some more.

Click Here for Updated Versions :)

Posted Image

jsmith
    jsmith

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 08:33 AM

I've included some snowy structures in my ruins pack for the snow biomes. Download link in my sig. Pics of all structures included in the zip Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

On to some serious business, Atomic, does the new update work with blocks that have an up/down direction? I've tried mapping a sticky piston, it sort of half works, just not sure if I'm doing it right:

Spoiler:

MohawkyMagoo

Posted 01 January 2013 - 12:32 PM

Ok, I have ruins spawning again. I tried redownloading the 1.4.6 update from the SugarSync link - still didnt work. No Ruins. Then I tried downloading via the Dropbox link - that worked fine. Just to make sure I deleted the Dropbox version and reloaded another fresh download from SugarSync - still didnt work - reloaded Dropbox - worked fine. Dont know what the problem is there.

jsmith - LOVE those snow ruins - do they include any monster spawners?

AtomicStryker

Posted 01 January 2013 - 02:37 PM

@jsmith
Yes it does, remember to it (and mc itself) metadata is just a number. "Rotation" is a lie.
That being said, why does your Sticky Piston mapping rotate UP into anything other than UP? You can turn a Block facing up all you want, it will only ever face up.
I've fixed your UP and DOWN mappings (to themselves) and added the values to the default rotations file.

@Mohawk
I just downloaded off my Sugarsync and Dropbox (both point to the same file on my pc) and indeed, they were identical byte for byte.

MohawkyMagoo

Posted 01 January 2013 - 05:54 PM

View PostAtomicStryker, on 01 January 2013 - 02:37 PM, said:

@jsmith
Yes it does, remember to it (and mc itself) metadata is just a number. "Rotation" is a lie.
That being said, why does your Sticky Piston mapping rotate UP into anything other than UP? You can turn a Block facing up all you want, it will only ever face up.
I've fixed your UP and DOWN mappings (to themselves) and added the values to the default rotations file.

@Mohawk
I just downloaded off my Sugarsync and Dropbox (both point to the same file on my pc) and indeed, they were identical byte for byte.

Weird. I wonder if it was corrupting somehow when I was downloading it? Sugarsync worked fine for downloading your other mods such as ropes and minions.

Heres a thought - no idea if this is possible or not - in th log/config we have:

tries_per_chunk_normal=6
chance_to_spawn_normal=10
chance_for_site_normal=15
chunks_behind_normal=5
tries_per_chunk_nether=6
chance_to_spawn_nether=10
chance_for_site_nether=15
chunks_behind_nether=5

Is it possible to do this biome specific? Or is that impossible? Reason for asking - i'd like to smother certain biomes - like wastelands - in Ruins, but leave others - like meadows, untouched.

AtomicStryker

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:21 PM

Thats not possible for technical reasons - the mod has to "ask" each set of coordinates in a Chunk for it's Biome, it's not a given. There can be multiple Biomes in a single chunk aswell ... what then?

What you can do is adjust the templates in the wastelands and meadows folders, make one really low-weight (cheap, spammable) and the other really expensive.

MohawkyMagoo

Posted 01 January 2013 - 08:14 PM

View PostAtomicStryker, on 01 January 2013 - 07:21 PM, said:

Thats not possible for technical reasons - the mod has to "ask" each set of coordinates in a Chunk for it's Biome, it's not a given. There can be multiple Biomes in a single chunk aswell ... what then?

What you can do is adjust the templates in the wastelands and meadows folders, make one really low-weight (cheap, spammable) and the other really expensive.

I kinda thought that may be the case. I'll give your suggestion of weights a try and see how it works out.

jsmith
    jsmith

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:30 AM

View PostMohawkyMagoo, on 01 January 2013 - 12:32 PM, said:

jsmith - LOVE those snow ruins - do they include any monster spawners?

Thanks, yes the larger structures have spawners and loot

View PostAtomicStryker, on 01 January 2013 - 02:37 PM, said:

@jsmith

Thanks - it seems so obvious when you put it that way

jsmith
    jsmith

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 02:47 PM

I've made some simple piston traps, ect, these work 'most' of the time. The tml file names begin with 'piston' if you're looking for them in the zip (in my sig). You can put them in any of the biomes (except ocean & sky)
  • Creeper Room - Enter if you want to die
  • Lava trap - I dont see any la.......
  • Simple looking house with a secret underground room

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Nay7uk
    Nay7uk

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 04:01 PM

Hi sorry to bother you,

I was wondering if there is a config file with the chest item I'd's in?

I use multiple mods and bowls/iron are not that useful!

However an exceptional mod, as with battle towers, ropes +  and infernal mobs!

Thank you!

HinataStar
  • Minecraft: HinataStar

Posted 05 January 2013 - 11:30 PM

I have to ask, is the sky castle soposed to be rare?

jsmith
    jsmith

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 12:25 AM

View PostNay7uk, on 05 January 2013 - 04:01 PM, said:

Hi sorry to bother you,

I was wondering if there is a config file with the chest item I'd's in?

I use multiple mods and bowls/iron are not that useful!

However an exceptional mod, as with battle towers, ropes +  and infernal mobs!

Thank you!

No, the loot in the chests are random. You can specify either EasyChest, MediumChest or HardChest in the tml file for each ruin though.

View PostHinataStar, on 05 January 2013 - 11:30 PM, said:

I have to ask, is the sky castle soposed to be rare?

You can change the weight of each template to be as rare or common as you like. The sky castle has a weight of 1, so if you wanted to see it more often, open the tml file with notepad and change it to something higher

MilesRedria

Posted 07 January 2013 - 05:50 PM

View Postjsmith, on 06 January 2013 - 12:25 AM, said:

You can change the weight of each template to be as rare or common as you like. The sky castle has a weight of 1, so if you wanted to see it more often, open the tml file with notepad and change it to something higher

Is there some kind of "plain english" way to translate the weight values for this mod?  Like, a chance percentage, or something?
I ask because I'm already using Battle Towers, Thaumcraft, and another mod that adds one or two structures, and don't want to end up with an "everything is everywhere" kind of scenario, but at the same time, would like to see these things on an uncommon-to-semirare basis.

jsmith
    jsmith

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:46 AM

View PostMilesRedria, on 07 January 2013 - 05:50 PM, said:

Is there some kind of "plain english" way to translate the weight values for this mod?  Like, a chance percentage, or something?
I ask because I'm already using Battle Towers, Thaumcraft, and another mod that adds one or two structures, and don't want to end up with an "everything is everywhere" kind of scenario, but at the same time, would like to see these things on an uncommon-to-semirare basis.

See this post:
http://www.minecraft...0#entry19995296

MilesRedria

Posted 08 January 2013 - 07:50 PM

View Postjsmith, on 08 January 2013 - 01:46 AM, said:

That's pretty much perfect, after combining it with the readme that came with the mod.  I must have seriously had a brain-fart not putting those together in the first place.  I blame it on updating my setup with 70+ mods at the same time.  >.>
Thanks.