Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[REQ] PC Splitscreen mod?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

aurismat729
  • Minecraft: aurismat

Posted 22 March 2012 - 09:32 AM

Can anybody create a mod that lets to play Minecraft on splitscreen?

PLEEEEEEAAAAASEEEEEE!!!! :( :(
Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

Lewiks
    Lewiks

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 11:55 AM

Then there will be a war for the mouse.

aurismat729

Posted 14 April 2012 - 09:14 AM

I suggest for Player 1 use Keyboard and Mouse, and for Player 2 - Joystick.
Anyway, i suggest to make 2 same users in 1 PC, but in 1 screen so they both can play. And, it should (i think) to take tje Java memory to split in 2.
Posted Image

DMCraft
    DMCraft

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 09:26 AM

That would involve coding a whole new external program to work in conjunction with Minecraft. Say two mice are plugged in two separate USB ports, as well as two different keyboards, this imaginary program would assign controls to each set. For ex.

USB port 1 [Player 1 mouse]
USB port 2 [Player 1 keyboard]

USB port 3 [Player 2 mouse]
USB port 4 [Player 2 keyboard]

Now it would have to work in conjunction with this minecraft mod to assign USB port 3 and 4 to the bottom screen, and so that it wouldn't interfere with the top screen. I'm sure there's more to it than that.
Then again I'm not an expert programmer, so I'm not even sure if this would be compatible on any OS.

BlueJelloRain

Posted 14 April 2012 - 09:59 AM

Can't you just open two instances of minecraft, join localhost, and resize the windows to make it look split-screen (Or just use 2 monitors)?

One player could use a gamepad, one could use mouse and keyboard.

I actually play most games on my computer (Skyrim, minecraft, Doom) with a Wiimote/wiimotion+ attachment.

It /IS/ possible to just plug in another mouse and keyboard, but you have to download some program I can't remember the name of to configure them. Something about the windows Hardware Abstraction Layer not supporting multiple independent mice and keyboards, so you have to use someodd program. Google could probably help you, I'd look but dialup is slowwww.

I glanced at Badly-Drawn Jesus, then pulled the gun from my pocket. On Judgment Day, I'd be able to proudly state that when I thought the hordes of hell were coming for a local girl, I stood ready to shoot at them with a small-caliber pistol

aurismat729

Posted 30 April 2012 - 01:02 PM

I can't because my PC is a slow a****lePosted Image (Only got 980MB of RAM)Posted Image
Posted Image

freeshiny

Posted 08 May 2012 - 09:08 AM

I don't know if this is against the rules, but I'll risk it anyway ;).

I have created a mod allowing you to run multiple instances of Minecraft and control them with the joypad. Here's the link: http://www.minecraft...ge__p__14813189

If you connect to the same server you effectively have a split screen.

aurismat729

Posted 04 June 2012 - 04:45 PM

Thanks, i'll try it.
Posted Image

Shadowhawk055
  • Minecraft: Shadowhawk055

Posted 04 June 2012 - 06:01 PM

This would work perfect:
http://www.minecraft...t-screen-kinda/

All you need is an xbox controller and it will work just fine.