• Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

ColdFusionGaming
  • Minecraft: ColdFusionGaming

Posted 22 March 2012 - 02:29 AM

I have moved my maps to my Google Site: https://sites.google.../site/configmc/

A picture to prove this isn't a virus:
Posted Image
ColdFusionGaming's Custom Minecraft Maps - The L'brour Mansion - Gloria - Monstrosity - Soaring No Longer

Register or log in to remove.

ColdFusionGaming

Posted 09 April 2012 - 02:15 AM

Okay, version 1.0 is out! There is still a little bit of testing going on, but there shouldn't be any remaining bugs (I may change the difficulty and progression of loot when I get final feedback from my BETA testers).
ColdFusionGaming's Custom Minecraft Maps - The L'brour Mansion - Gloria - Monstrosity - Soaring No Longer

padsanda
    padsanda

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 176 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 03:08 AM

Looks to have some interesting design.  1 question about your rule #2: Do not go on/above the bedrock ceiling...is that to say that there IS a bedrock ceiling?  In other words, it's okay to run around and traverse on the sandstone ceiling?

funfunbunbun
  • Minecraft: maximkdude

Posted 09 April 2012 - 03:37 AM

bump really good map man!
Posted Image

ColdFusionGaming

Posted 09 April 2012 - 04:03 AM

View Postpadsanda, on 09 April 2012 - 03:08 AM, said:

Looks to have some interesting design.  1 question about your rule #2: Do not go on/above the bedrock ceiling...is that to say that there IS a bedrock ceiling?  In other words, it's okay to run around and traverse on the sandstone ceiling?
Whoops, I forgot to make the ceiling bedrock. :P I'll fix that right away. Just don't go on top of the map ceiling.

ColdFusionGaming

Posted 09 April 2012 - 05:13 AM

Okay, I fixed the ceiling. :)

ColdFusionGaming

Posted 10 April 2012 - 03:50 AM

The Nerd Ninjas will be doing a playthru starting on Friday. :) I will post their videos in this post.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I added a ton of food and more potions. I like to give resources to the player to cut down on tedious mining, but I need your feedback on whether I gave too much, too little, etc.

padsanda
    padsanda

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 176 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 04:51 PM

View PostColdFusionGaming, on 10 April 2012 - 03:50 AM, said:

I added a ton of food and more potions. I like to give resources to the player to cut down on tedious mining, but I need your feedback on whether I gave too much, too little, etc.
So far, it doesn't seem to be too much...though I haven't ran across many potions (but do have the means to brew).  I've been through 1, 2, 4, 5, and in 7 currently.  The amount of food per chest may seem like a lot, but considering mostly it's only 1 of each item, it's not a surplus by any means.  There are opportunities to create a farm pretty early so the player can go that route as well.  On another note, I am enjoying your landscapes - a bit abstract, but unique.

ColdFusionGaming

Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:17 PM

View Postpadsanda, on 11 April 2012 - 04:51 PM, said:

So far, it doesn't seem to be too much...though I haven't ran across many potions (but do have the means to brew).  I've been through 1, 2, 4, 5, and in 7 currently.  The amount of food per chest may seem like a lot, but considering mostly it's only 1 of each item, it's not a surplus by any means.  There are opportunities to create a farm pretty early so the player can go that route as well.  On another note, I am enjoying your landscapes - a bit abstract, but unique.
Thanks, I'm glad to get feedback on the amount of food. I want the player to farm, but I don't want the player to get bored faming for long periods of time. Are you liking the progression of loot so far?

P.S. You're in for a lot of pain. >: )

padsanda
    padsanda

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 176 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 01:27 AM

View PostColdFusionGaming, on 11 April 2012 - 11:17 PM, said:

Are you liking the progression of loot so far?

P.S. You're in for a lot of pain. >: )
So far, the progression of loot is as expected.  You certainly have a wide variety of traps and inhospitable terrain in your arsenal.  Given the amount of time I appear to be spending in intersection 1 alone, I'd gladly trade a lot of pain for a shortcut back to my initial base Posted Image

ColdFusionGaming

Posted 12 April 2012 - 01:45 AM

View Postpadsanda, on 12 April 2012 - 01:27 AM, said:

So far, the progression of loot is as expected.  You certainly have a wide variety of traps and inhospitable terrain in your arsenal.  Given the amount of time I appear to be spending in intersection 1 alone, I'd gladly trade a lot of pain for a shortcut back to my initial base Posted Image
Look in Ruins of the Ancients. ;)

Kinglau3
    Kinglau3

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1048 posts
  • Minecraft: Kinglau3

Posted 12 April 2012 - 12:12 PM

View Postpadsanda, on 12 April 2012 - 01:27 AM, said:

Where did you settle yourself? It is best to also make a base at Intersection 1 because there will be almost no shortcuts back to village of the twisted houses (if you have your initial base there, what is extremely logical)
Posted Image

ColdFusionGaming

Posted 12 April 2012 - 03:10 PM

View PostKinglau3, on 12 April 2012 - 12:12 PM, said:

Where did you settle yourself? It is best to also make a base at Intersection 1 because there will be almost no shortcuts back to village of the twisted houses (if you have your initial base there, what is extremely logical)
Railway kit... *nudge* *hint*

padsanda
    padsanda

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 176 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 03:22 PM

View PostKinglau3, on 12 April 2012 - 12:12 PM, said:

Aye, I set up initial shop at the twisted houses due to the ease of farming.  Also I had not yet ventured through all areas branching off of the tree in the starting area.  Moving the base forward is probably an inevitable step now (once the random explosions stop Posted Image )

Kinglau3
    Kinglau3

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1048 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 05:09 PM

View PostColdFusionGaming, on 12 April 2012 - 03:10 PM, said:

Railway kit... *nudge* *hint*
Yep, the railway kit is indeed very useful Posted Image But not yet at intersection 1. It would have been very handy if there was a way back to the palette at intersection 3, but oh well; you can't have everything, right? Posted Image
Posted Image

ColdFusionGaming

Posted 12 April 2012 - 11:59 PM

View PostKinglau3, on 12 April 2012 - 05:09 PM, said:

Yep, the railway kit is indeed very useful Posted Image But not yet at intersection 1. It would have been very handy if there was a way back to the palette at intersection 3, but oh well; you can't have everything, right? Posted Image
Maybe explore the ravine a bit more? *Hint* *Nudge*

Kinglau3
    Kinglau3

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1048 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 05:46 PM

View PostColdFusionGaming, on 12 April 2012 - 11:59 PM, said:

Maybe explore the ravine a bit more? *Hint* *Nudge*
Yep, got it! Btw, My amount of deaths was tripled in area 18... Just wow ;)
BUT, I finished it! with all the wools! I also got light gray and gray!

Posted Image

Thanks for the awesome map!

If I can make one suggestion (I don't know If you're going to change the map but since I was a Beta-Tester I feel like I must point this out) The fragmented riverbed was incredibly easy. What I did was stack up to get onto the sand roads high up, then I go all the secret chests, then I got to the lower part (with the monsters) And I used a speed II potion to just sprint through. Then I got to the wool box, broke the glass, and I tunneled out!

I suggest having some barriers to make it harder. The barriers would force the player to either stack up with blocks or mine through them. I hope this helps!

Posted Image

OldTrees
    OldTrees

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 05:57 PM

Looks like a good challenge.

What versions of minecraft is it compatible with?

Fifedrum2
  • Minecraft: I liek pie

Posted 13 April 2012 - 08:59 PM

I'm still on intersection one currently, though I still haven't fallen for any tnt traps. Kaizo caverns taught my that when I hear "SSSssss" that I should GTFO of any area i'm in.
TROLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO

ColdFusionGaming

Posted 14 April 2012 - 12:41 AM

View PostKinglau3, on 13 April 2012 - 05:46 PM, said:

Yep, got it! Btw, My amount of deaths was tripled in area 18... Just wow Posted Image
BUT, I finished it! with all the wools! I also got light gray and gray!

Posted Image

If I can make one suggestion (I don't know If you're going to change the map but since I was a Beta-Tester I feel like I must point this out) The fragmented riverbed was incredibly easy. What I did was stack up to get onto the sand roads high up, then I go all the secret chests, then I got to the lower part (with the monsters) And I used a speed II potion to just sprint through. Then I got to the wool box, broke the glass, and I tunneled out!

I suggest having some barriers to make it harder. The barriers would force the player to either stack up with blocks or mine through them. I hope this helps!

You're welcome! I designed fragmented riverbed to be pretty easy, as I wanted to let the player have a break from nasty caverns and be able to gather supplies for the castle. The idea about the barriers is a very good idea, though.

Did you like area 18? >: )

View PostOldTrees, on 13 April 2012 - 05:57 PM, said:

Looks like a good challenge.

What versions of minecraft is it compatible with?
It is compatible with Minecraft 1.1 through the latest version of Minecraft. I left the save in a pre-Anvil format, but it still is 100% compatible with 1.2.

View PostFifedrum2, on 13 April 2012 - 08:59 PM, said:

I'm still on intersection one currently, though I still haven't fallen for any tnt traps. Kaizo caverns taught my that when I hear "SSSssss" that I should GTFO of any area i'm in.
Haha, very true. There may be more things than a hiss that you should listen for. Just a tip. >: )

You've only made it to intersection 1? You're not even to the first challenging area yet! :P