• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[DEV] Mo' Creatures (MOB suggestion thread)

mo creatures dr zhark development request animals horses bigcats werewolves mobs

• Please log in to reply
4083 replies to this topic

Reapism
    Reapism

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 500 posts
  • Minecraft: Reapism

Posted 11 April 2012 - 08:06 PM

Suggestion: An Essential The ability to pick up baby animals in hand

Register or log in to remove.

Keshboin
  • Minecraft: Keshboin

Posted 11 April 2012 - 08:36 PM

Fireflies: Only spawn at night, mostly atmospheric/decorative, provides some light. Can be caught in a glass jar.
Recipe: All squares in crafting table filled with glass jars, makes a light block slightly brighter than glow-stone.
If you like what I have to say, then +1 me.

cysiek
    cysiek

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 08:43 PM

cameleons and comodo dragons !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BloxGuy22

Posted 11 April 2012 - 10:58 PM

Suggestions: Hippos, elephants, Geckos and other lizards, giraffes, BigFish, Penguins, Seals, and Narwhal!!!!!

Oh! And Zebra

And camel

milithistorian

Posted 12 April 2012 - 12:28 AM

I want a tamable half-size dragon that hatches from the enderdragon egg- that would be cool...................Posted Image
I am a military historian.
Feel free to PM me if you have a war-related question.

lolwtfidk
  • Minecraft: lolwtfidk

Posted 12 April 2012 - 12:31 AM

Great job with the snakes and the design, but I feel they serve little purpose. Maybe you can add some snakes to be hostile (cobras and rattle snakes), some to be only hostile when attacked (python) and others friendly or shy like currently. Make this a warning, because if these do become hostile, it would be annoying unless the spawn rate is low.

If your next animal is a monkey make them to climb on jungle trees and only hostile if attacked, and breed-able would be most appreciated.

One last note maybe try adding wasps and wasps nest, rare but hidden under tree branches in big forest. If you attack the nest the  whole swarm comes after you. but if you destroy the nest you get honey which can be edible to heal you. Bears are also attracted to the nests.

Thanks,

-lolwtfidk
Posted Image

awesomedal14
  • Minecraft: awesomedal14

Posted 12 April 2012 - 12:46 AM

I reckon Minecraft and Mo' Creatures need more desert mobs, for they have none :(. My ideas are:

Camel: Tamable with Apples, Wheat, Melon and Sugarcane. More life than a horse but slower. When killed drops camel hump. Camel hump can be cooked into Leather (or they just drop leather). Camels travel faster in deserts and instead of having to press jump they automatically jump/climb up 1 block high places.

Death Worm: Spawns as a Deathworm nest block. When the block is broken baby deathworms come out like silver fish. Deathworms attack small passive mobs like pigs and cows. When killed deathworms drop Deathworm Husks. These can be used to make deathworm armor, which is a bit better than leather armor. They also occasionally drop deathworm eggs which can be used to cook deathworm stew or to spawn a  Tamable deathworm. Tamable Deathworms are tamed with rotten flesh. They follow you around like wolves and attack nearby creatures without command, so keep them away from livestock! Adult deathworms will spawn in deserts on there own but when killed will spawn baby deathworms much like the nest.

Many other people have suggested lizards and snakes (which are now added) and they can also spawn in deserts.

I hope you like my ideas!! Great organisation with the forum and great mod Dr. Zhark!!
Posted Image

thunderbird101

Posted 12 April 2012 - 12:57 AM

What I think you should add are:
-Dragons, rideable, they should hunt mobs like sheep or cows. it should attack with fire
-rideable griffens
-big bird such as eagles and hawks
      i would enjoy mobs like this please add somePosted Image
Posted Image

PancakesCo
    PancakesCo

The Meaning of Life, the Universe, and Everything...

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 02:04 AM

Maybe give the boars snouts like the minecraft pigs, because I noticed they don't have snouts. Also it might be more fitting for deer to drop beef instead of pork.

SquankeyOne
  • Minecraft: SquankeyOne

Posted 12 April 2012 - 04:02 AM

I would love this mod sooo much more if there were ground/tree squirrels (also probably some gliding squirrels), and ostriches.
And maybe flying villagers with floating island villages (that are shadowless probably).

Larry101

Posted 12 April 2012 - 04:26 AM

it would be cool if you could breed bigcats and tame and breed bears

11Zoroark11

Posted 12 April 2012 - 05:16 AM

I would love to see an elephant cause all the elephant mods i have seen are stupid they are just a grey rectangle that has a trunk. Elephants are big so should be rare but only appear in jungle and maybe deserts.

GManinblack

Posted 12 April 2012 - 05:23 AM

PLLLLLLLZZZZZZZZZZZZZ make griffons my names Gryphen!

Brinsta23131
  • Minecraft: brinsta9

Posted 12 April 2012 - 06:03 AM

I know this first one would be hard to do but,
Spawner eggs,
Dragons of different colours, mountable,flyable, rare
Echidnas, drop spikes for daggers or somthing
Ghosts/phantoms only appear in dungeons or abandoned mine shafts very uncommen
Another type of creeper that explodes and set fire to things and another that explodes and gets larva every where - rareish/ very uncommen
Pheonix- attacks like blazes exept neatural and fly in deserts very bright at night, also rare
an extremly rare ailien creature that is insanely hard to kill, but drops diamonds or somthing... Well they're my ideas XD

lukaka
    lukaka

Carpenter

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 02:45 PM

Can we help on modelling these mobs?

Lordofdragonss

Posted 12 April 2012 - 07:25 PM

Dear Zhark, how about remaking original animals in your style?

It would be great if you fixed exp gain of some mobs too. Ogres should give 3-5 exp and ghost only 1-2 because they are easy.

And could you make scorpions and mice tamable?
If I make mistakes in my posts- feel free to point them out in PM! I am still learning!
Do you like Harvestmoon? Check this map: Posted Image

nogluten
    nogluten

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • Minecraft: nogluten

Posted 12 April 2012 - 10:01 PM

a neat addition could be adding mob spawner eggs for all of the animals

WolfGirlem

Posted 12 April 2012 - 10:05 PM

it would be cool if you can add Penguins to the mod!
~Wolfgirlem

OmnipotentBeing_
  • Minecraft: Gigabyte_

Posted 12 April 2012 - 10:48 PM

You should add The Creatures in the mod xD
Don't forget to hit the (+) if you think what I posted was helpful or funny! Also check out my channel if you have time!

Hamsto99
    Hamsto99

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • Minecraft: Hamsto99

Posted 12 April 2012 - 11:35 PM

You can add Hamsters! They are like the mice and rats, but are actually Tamable! you can have a new item/block that is a "Glass Cage" that you can pick the Hamster up and than click on the cage. If you placed two, or more, cages next to each other than you could make the cage even bigger! The cage could even hold other small animals like geckos and such. (The Hamsters would have to be REALLY small cause the dwarf hamsters are the cute ones Posted Image ). I think that it would be a cool way to help decorate you home or where ever you live! Hamsters would be a great addition to the mod! Hamsters could be found in almost any Biome and the live in caves/burrows (very true), but are most common in the Desert and Grassland biomes!

Idea for glass cage crafting recipe: (D= Dirt,  G= Glass, and P=plank)   The color of plank used would change the color of the "lid" and the "base" of the cage. Also the glass could, and should, be glass panes instead.
G  P  G
G  -   G
P  D  P

I hope someone likes this idea and I hope even more that it could be thought of to be put into the mod itself.

P.S. (If this is taken into mind, try to make them look EXTREMELY cut, because they are in real life.)
Posted Image    <------- Want to see what Dragon will come out of  THIS egg? Click on it to help it hatch! (It is from dragoncave.net)