• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[DEV] Mo' Creatures (MOB suggestion thread)

mo creatures dr zhark development request animals horses bigcats werewolves mobs

• Please log in to reply
4083 replies to this topic

Mythra
    Mythra

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 716 posts
  • Minecraft: Mythra13

Posted 20 March 2012 - 05:02 PM

POPULAR

*DrZhark, on  20 March 2012 - 6:18 AM, said:

I think the best way to go about this list, so it's easy to access is to make a thread with it, I'll link it in the OP, and perhaps you could do a poll to see which mob you guys want done next, and I'll do it.

If you want to take the time to make and maintain that thread, I'll appreciate it

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Q.: Can you do xxxx mob for me?
A.: You're welcome to post your ideas/suggestions, I have a list of mobs to do...

(...from his Opening Post on the Mo' Creatures official thread:)
http://minecraftforu...opic=81771-v123

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm Mythra13 and I maintain this thread when I have time and am able. It is official because it has been authorized by Dr Zhark himself. It is UNofficial because it is maintained by myself and there is no guarantee that if you post something here it will make it into his awesome mod. These lists shouldn't be confused with a "To-Do-List" and merely reflect the wishes of those who enjoy the mod and would like to see even more added to it. So without further ado I present the:

OFFICIAL/UNOFFICIAL LISTS of PREVIOUSLY SUGGESTED MOBS

NATURAL MOBS:
Spoiler:

FICTIONAL MOBS:
Spoiler:

Do to the many suggestion for this mod that aren't suggesting a new creature, but instead ask for a change to an existing one or an existing feature, I've now added the following list.

OTHER SUGGESTIONS:
Spoiler:

DO NOT be confused, I have merely taken the many, many suggestions of others here on this topic and sorted through them and tried to present them in an organized manner. So, I take no credit for the original ideas, just for the sorting and re-posting.

DRAGONS - If you have ideas about dragons, and you want to make sure that someone sees them, you can post them here on this thread:
http://www.minecraft...on-suggestions/
(ONLY DRAGONS PLEASE)

http://www.youtube.com/user/Mythra13
Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

Mythra
    Mythra

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 716 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 05:26 PM

POLL RESULTS

|(2012-03-30)|
Spoiler:

|(2012-04-28)|
Spoiler:

|(2012-12-05)|
Spoiler:

|(2013-01-05)|
Spoiler:

|(2013-02-01)|
Spoiler:

|(2013-05-29)|
Spoiler:

Posted Image

Sevenedges
  • Minecraft: Sevenedges

Posted 20 March 2012 - 05:28 PM

Aye. Tis a noble thing you're doing. Hats off to ye.

Posted Image

aspade01
  • Minecraft: aspade_01

Posted 20 March 2012 - 05:35 PM

Nice, I think DrZhark is going to have his hands full for... well ever.

Leviathan: giant sea serpent variant

user_316165
  • Minecraft: Choomby

Posted 20 March 2012 - 05:38 PM

- Gargoyles: Only active during the night, turn to bedrock-strength stone during the day. In order to render vulnerable during the day, the player needs to surround the gargoyle with a certain type of block or some such. When killed at night, the gargoyle gives additional experience; killed during the day, it drops a replica block of its stationary form that can be used for decoration.

- Trolls: Similar to ogres in some ways. Trolls throw smoothstone blocks from a distance and pick up and throw the player at close range. Exposure to daylight turns them to stone permanently. Trolls drop smoothstone when killed, regardless of cause of death.

- Minotaur: Large, bull-headed humanoid wielding a two-handed axe. Spawns only on hard mode, as its hits, while slow to power up, deal massive damage. Charges in a straight line toward the player if a certain distance between it and them is reached. The player and anything else struck by the charge are knocked backward, and at least ten blocks into the air (random variable). If the minotaur charges and strikes a two-high wall, it takes damage and is temporarily stunned by the impact.
Mod ideas in my profile info! Send me a message or post in one of the threads if you're interested.
To touch Divinity, one must first be prepared to brave reality.

Mythra
    Mythra

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 716 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 05:39 PM

View PostSevenedges, on 20 March 2012 - 05:28 PM, said:

Aye. Tis a noble thing you're doing. Hats off to ye.

View Postaspade01, on 20 March 2012 - 05:35 PM, said:

Nice, I think DrZhark is going to have his hands full for... well ever.

I agree. Great avatar!
Posted Image

Terethien
  • Minecraft: Terethien

Posted 20 March 2012 - 05:42 PM

Awesome. So are you going to put up a new poll in a little while with the suggested creatures from whichever biome and type wins?

View Postuser_316165, on 20 March 2012 - 05:38 PM, said:

- Gargoyles: Only active during the night, turn to bedrock-strength stone during the day. In order to render vulnerable during the day, the player needs to surround the gargoyle with a certain type of block or some such. When killed at night, the gargoyle gives additional experience; killed during the day, it drops a replica block of its stationary form that can be used for decoration.

- Trolls: Similar to ogres in some ways. Trolls throw smoothstone blocks from a distance and pick up and throw the player at close range. Exposure to daylight turns them to stone permanently. Trolls drop smoothstone when killed, regardless of cause of death.

- Minotaur: Large, bull-headed humanoid wielding a two-handed axe. Spawns only on hard mode, as its hits, while slow to power up, deal massive damage. Charges in a straight line toward the player if a certain distance between it and them is reached. The player and anything else struck by the charge are knocked backward, and at least ten blocks into the air (random variable). If the minotaur charges and strikes a two-high wall, it takes damage and is temporarily stunned by the impact.

You should probably read through the suggestion list before posting ones that are already there, it'll make the thread easier to maintain :)
Posted Image

Mythra
    Mythra

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 716 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 05:49 PM

View PostTerethien, on 20 March 2012 - 05:42 PM, said:

Awesome. So are you going to put up a new poll in a little while with the suggested creatures from whichever biome and type wins?

My plan is to post poll results weekly or bi-weekly, depending on how active the voting gets. I will change up the poll questions as new questions come to mind, with the intent on giving the best feedback for Dr Zhark that I feel all of us fans are able to do.

Also, I encourage anyone to make suggestions of mobs I haven't put in the opening post for possible inclusion in the lists. If there is some specific characteristics about a mob that IS in the OP that someone thinks that creature should have, I enjoy reading the details.
Posted Image

Recila
    Recila

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • Location: *rustle behind you* *coughs* Um... What're you doing here?
  • Minecraft: PenDragon224

Posted 20 March 2012 - 06:02 PM

Cockatrice: Smallish creature with the head and body of a rooster, dragonian wings, and a plume of feathers at the tail. Spawns in Forests and Plains, and is sort of rare. You can spawn one yourself by placing a chicken egg near a turtle :3. Poisonous creature, it's attacks do four hearts worth of damage, and it hunts cows, but doesn't touch chickens.

Gryffon: A creature whose forebody has the appearance of an eagle, but from the mid-back on, it is a lion. Spawns in handmade nests of wheat and gold (Place the wheat in a circle around the gold). When a gryffon spawns, it is not tamed, and will attack any nearby horses. How do you tame it? Ruthlessly murder horses to gain up to 10 slabs of horse meat. Gryffons may need anywhere from 3 to 9 pieces of meat to be tamed, but the instant you attack it, you may not tame it again.

Hippocamp: A passive mob that spawns in lakes and oceans. Feed it seaweed and place a saddle on it's back to tame it... There's really not much else. Much faster than dolphins...

aspade01
  • Minecraft: aspade_01

Posted 20 March 2012 - 06:21 PM

Slivers:
Small slug like creatures that enter mobs and changes there behavior.
Doesn't attack you directly, but makes all mobs that they enter hostile.
Every now and then the infected mobs release a sliver.

The A.I. of hostile mobs they enter changes to that of a zombie.
Infected zombies don't try to shoot their bows and infected creepers don't explode, but both try traveling toward you like zombies.
Endermen can't be infected.

View PostMythra, on 20 March 2012 - 05:39 PM, said:

I agree. Great avatar!
Thanks. That's actually me.

IAreNinja

Posted 20 March 2012 - 06:33 PM

12 or 13 western zodiac themed creatures - extremely hard to kill, incredibly rare (only spawn each once per world) drop rare and valuable loot and lots of it, neutral to the player but will attack if you place block within 5 blocks of them( prevent the player from boxing them in), can walk though lava without being set on fire or injured.

7 sin themed creatures - all very rare
lust- looks like a succubus will drains health of player player freezes if they look at her
pride- stays a set distance from the player and attacks with arrows  (can fly or dig though some blocks if necessary) avoids all animals and can be cornered if you use this to your advantage.
envy - when aggro on the player will mirror the players movements and actions including using sword and tools digging and building and the placing of lava/water.
wrath- charges the player sets activated tnt
Greed - steals from the player picks up blocks could look like an enderman with a crown and jewels drops lots of loot upon death including what it steals.
sloth- invincible when standing still will freeze if a player is near by however he could be afraid of things
gluttony- tons of health eats animals to heal and will attempt to eat you and your pets drops tons of food upon  death

fire bats - burns the player
ice bats - freeze water and drops snow as it flies (like snow golems)
vampire - human form during the night, is a normal looking bat during the day, drains player health, weak to wood swords and sticks and avoids water
mummy - basically a zombie for the dessert only is very flammable drops better loot but has a higher attack power
scarecrows - made by placing a jack o lantern on top of  wool block (with levers on the sides for arms and a button on one side of it) on top of a fence post
emits light and scares all mobs away passive to all mobs

Recila
    Recila

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • Location: *rustle behind you* *coughs* Um... What're you doing here?
  • Minecraft: PenDragon224

Posted 20 March 2012 - 06:37 PM

View Postaspade01, on 20 March 2012 - 06:21 PM, said:

Slivers:
Small slug like creatures that enter mobs and changes there behavior.
Doesn't attack you directly, but makes all mobs that they enter hostile.
Every now and the infected mobs release a sliver.

The A.I. of hostile mobs they enter changes to that of a zombie.
Infected zombies don't try to shoot their bows and infected creepers don't explode, but both try traveling toward you like zombies.
Endermen can't be infected.

I second this idea!

laijka
    laijka

Ghast Hunter

• Members
  • 2970 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 08:26 PM

I still can't fully wrap my head around the fact that you went through ~1600 pages to compile this list. That "never" sure is a powerful word :P

Again, I tip my hat.
"It's easier to tolerate idiots if you do not consider them as stupid people, but exceptionally gifted monkeys."

CoolGastornis

Posted 21 March 2012 - 12:04 AM

A sloth for the jungle, it would be passive and hang on a tree, if given leather*as a blanket, sloths love being cozy and warm* and they will be tamed, hopping straight on your back! CUTE AND SNUGLY! More in next post!

SheWolf1220

Posted 21 March 2012 - 12:06 AM

Fictional creatures would be cooler :D theres already tons of natural/real mobs (there are fictional ones too tho)

I think that giant bats would be cool, tamable/ridable perhaps?

What would also be really cool (like aspade01 said too) would be some kinda real big water serpent. maybe a water dragon/snake kinda like? that is tameable and ridable, would be cool too if at any poin tthat was out into multiplayer version and it could carry more than one person at a time :D lol
I WILL be pushing the + on your post if you say something useful/funny/or otherwise good. I *do not* beg for + through sigs so I will not ask for a rep thats on you to do!! >:D

PancakesCo
    PancakesCo

The Meaning of Life, the Universe, and Everything...

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 12:45 AM

How about mythical Japanese creatures? I have a list from wikipedia of Japanese mythical creatures, so people can choose what they would want out of this list because there are a lot of them.
http://en.wikipedia....ures_from_Japan

SheWolf1220

Posted 23 March 2012 - 06:36 AM

Since oceans are bigger now too a big water thing would be cool. with ainventory maybe, since there are no bigger working ships in minecraft that'd be cool
I WILL be pushing the + on your post if you say something useful/funny/or otherwise good. I *do not* beg for + through sigs so I will not ask for a rep thats on you to do!! >:D

Mythra
    Mythra

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 716 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 07:36 AM

View PostPancakesCo, on 21 March 2012 - 12:45 AM, said:

How about mythical Japanese creatures? I have a list from wikipedia of Japanese mythical creatures, so people can choose what they would want out of this list because there are a lot of them.
http://en.wikipedia....ures_from_Japan
Thanks for this list, I may go through it myself when I have time and add some creatures here.

View PostSheWolf1220, on 23 March 2012 - 06:36 AM, said:

Since oceans are bigger now too a big water thing would be cool. with ainventory maybe, since there are no bigger working ships in minecraft that'd be cool

Personally, I agree, I cast the first vote in the poll and it was for an Ocean creature. The votes are still close though and as of my writing this, mountain and ocean are tied. We'll see how the vote stands in a couple days. I may put up new questions at that time.
Posted Image

Amazonics

Posted 24 March 2012 - 05:21 AM

I had an idea about ants and anthills in the taiga area also an anteater to eat the ants would be awesome :)

Xuarie
    Xuarie

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 376 posts
  • Minecraft: Lazurkri
  • Xbox:TribalBloodWing

Posted 24 March 2012 - 07:30 AM

Nice to see that my suggestion of gryphon wasn't  ignored...

And a Hippogriff is a mixture of horse and Gryphon, BTW... It was said to be impossible because in mythology, gryphons would attack horses on sight, so thus, a gryphon mating with a horse to make a hippogriff would be nearly impossible.

On that subject, to get one,  I was going to suggest that you'd need to feed a tamed gryphon a potion then bring a horse nearby and pen them up together. More than likely the Gryphon would simply eat the horse, but a small percentage of the time ( I was thinking maybe 5-15% of the time) you'd successfully breed them and you'd get a hippogriff, which would be faster than both of the parents.
Posted Image
Please Click to help me level up!