• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

CraftYourBox LLC | Multicraft | $7/GB | 5 Day Refund Policy | EU/US | DDoS Protection

craftyourbox free trial moneyback refund mysql 1.3 web hosting

• Please log in to reply
295 replies to this topic

TheUndeadGamer101
  • Minecraft: XD_Killz
  • Xbox:Cyborg Enderman
  • PSN:CyborgEnderman

Posted 22 February 2014 - 12:15 AM

Amazing, great quality, loving the service!

Defiantly in my top 3 hosts, and I've used a lot of hosts.

Support - 10/10, replied within 10 minutes of me opening a ticket & fixed the issue in that time.
Uptime - 10/10, Not noticed any downtime yet, except from downtime I've caused (stopping server, editing things ect)
Quality - 10/10, Not even seen a lag spike yet!
Connection - 10/10, No lag from the UK to their EU location, and friends in the US have perfect connection aswell.

Will I stay with them? Yes.... There is no reason not to :)!

Register or log in to remove.

KinglyNinja
  • Minecraft: KinglyNinja

Posted 22 February 2014 - 04:48 AM

Kingly's CraftYourBox Review

Price 6 / 10
The typical rate for a good server is going to be 5-6$ a GB and will include most of what this server includes and more. Naturally, it's safe to assume that anything over 5-6$ had better be about as dependable as a light switch, which in my experience, this hosting company is definitely not. The price is not worth the product.

Website 2 / 10
Why is your Client area hidden at the bottom of the page? Have a little more respect for your current clients instead of just catering to your future clients. The 2 is for the cute design.

Support 1 / 10
Everyone appreciates a quick reply, but not if that means the reply is going to lack any real support. Figuring out what is causing the problem and then fixing it is not your only job. I'm sorry guys, it's not that easy. If there was a problem once, there can be a problem again. When problems come up you need to 1: Figure out what is causing the problem, no playing guessing games with your clients. 2: Solve, assist in solving, or suggest 1 or 2 best ways that the problem can be solved. 3: Explain the most likely reason for why the problem happened and how it can be avoided in the future. That is the bare minimum. Also, if one problem is of more importance than another mentioned in a ticket, you can't only respond to it. Answering parts of a ticket, but not all of it, is just unacceptable. There was one ticket where I received responses to one of my problems, but the other problem mentioned got ignored completely. I went along as if it didn't happen expecting them to go back and realize they missed something, but that didn't happen and to be honest I was just done at that point. I stopped replying to the ticket (was going no where), which was eventually marked as complete, the issue never really being resolved. The 1 is for the quick responses. Enjoy.

Server 6 / 10
Lag. Weird glitches. Strange error messages. Doesn't work. Suddenly works again. Is my server haunted? I think it's haunted.
So yeah, I'd best describe the actual server as unpredictable. Keep in mind that I am a minimalist running a semi-vanilla server. There are no major game changing plugins installed. I have had the exact set up I have now, plus more plugins, with other hosts and have not experienced these problems.
The first few days of the server were great. I had no problems installing plugins, there was no lag, and letting in a bunch of people at once didn't cause any lag spikes or problems. Everything seemed to be checking out. Then, problems started happening. There was lag, glitches, and playing became impossible for almost 2 days. The map had to be reset, progress was lost, and it was an entirely frustrating experience. It was fine for a couple days, and then the problems started once again. I was so over it for about 2 days all I did was get on, check to see if there was lag, and then I'd leave. On the 3rd day it was randomly gone. I came up with excuses for my players as to why it was happening. It wasn't a fun experience for anybody. This, with the random horrible lag and then the random stop of the lag, has happened 3 times now. Strange random errors popping up frequently should be expected. Occasional unscheduled downtime is also to be expected.

Would I reccomend this host?
No, absolutely not. Not even for the most basic of servers. Even if everything goes fine, it will still not be worth the price.
I have already come across 2 hosts that offer more for less and the responses I have received from them, without even being a customer, top this host's support entirely.

Thank you for your time and the time that you hosted my server. I'm sorry this has been so one sided and biased, this review is not my typical cup of tea and I am sorry to have to leave it here, but you need to shape up.

Posted Image

CraftYourBox

Posted 22 February 2014 - 11:37 PM

View PostKinglyNinja, on 22 February 2014 - 04:48 AM, said:

Kingly's CraftYourBox Review
[...]
Thank you for your time and the time that you hosted my server. I'm sorry this has been so one sided and biased, this review is not my typical cup of tea and I am sorry to have to leave it here, but you need to shape up.
Sorry you had a bad experience with us, our goal is to keep our clients happy and work on improving everyday.
We appreciate the feedback, and will work on fixing our errors.
Again, sorry for our service towards you, it definitely isn't up to our standards!

Posted Image

I am a representative of CraftYourBox LLC

CraftYourBox

Posted 09 March 2014 - 07:25 PM

We are working on getting UK Hosting online. Is there any interest in this?

Posted Image

SirOlek
    SirOlek

Carpenter

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 11:50 PM

much quality
                          very host
  such small prices

It looks really good! Might be buying!

Profle picture credit goes to Jecth

cascunn
    cascunn

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 11:32 PM

I bought the obsidian package for 3 months. Awful. It takes 10 minutes for 1 person to login. After that it crashes. The CPU goes all the way up right away. Restarts every 2 minutes. Overall: 0.5 out of 10 rating.

CraftYourBox

Posted 03 April 2014 - 12:14 AM

View Postcascunn, on 25 March 2014 - 11:32 PM, said:

I bought the obsidian package for 3 months. Awful. It takes 10 minutes for 1 person to login. After that it crashes. The CPU goes all the way up right away. Restarts every 2 minutes. Overall: 0.5 out of 10 rating.
We're sorry your server isn't running well!
We'd be happy to try and help reduce any lag, feel free to contact us!

Posted Image

CraftYourBox

Posted 07 April 2014 - 12:07 PM

Update on UK Hosting: Should be online by the end of the month.

Posted Image

Bydon
    Bydon

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 79 posts
  • Minecraft: Bydon

Posted 13 April 2014 - 07:30 PM

I've been waiting for a ticket to be answered for about a week now and you've just replied that a technician would fix is soon, then put it on hold. Few days later and it's still there. Bought the server about a week ago and haven't been able to do anything with it. It would really help if you fixed it (ticket #521227) since 1/4 of the time until the next invoice is gone before I've even gotten the server.
Posted Image

Freezyson

Posted 13 April 2014 - 11:37 PM

Is something wrong with the website? I keep trying to get on and it says "SSL Connection Error"

Luke199
    Luke199

Gold Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 399 posts
  • Minecraft: luke199
  • PSN:octopusarms

Posted 14 April 2014 - 10:36 AM

View PostBydon, on 13 April 2014 - 07:30 PM, said:

I've been waiting for a ticket to be answered for about a week now and you've just replied that a technician would fix is soon, then put it on hold. Few days later and it's still there. Bought the server about a week ago and haven't been able to do anything with it. It would really help if you fixed it (ticket #521227) since 1/4 of the time until the next invoice is gone before I've even gotten the server.
Hey Bydon, Can you message me your client name and Email, I will check the ticket status for you Posted Image

View PostFreezyson, on 13 April 2014 - 11:37 PM, said:

Is something wrong with the website? I keep trying to get on and it says "SSL Connection Error"
When you are visiting our website remove the 'S' after http's' in the address bar.

Posted Image

luigiofthebakery

Posted 22 April 2014 - 06:35 AM

View PostCraftYourBox, on 09 March 2014 - 07:25 PM, said:

We are working on getting UK Hosting online. Is there any interest in this?
Yes please!!!!

View PostCraftYourBox, on 07 April 2014 - 12:07 PM, said:

Update on UK Hosting: Should be online by the end of the month.
YAY!!!!

Snowey1994

Posted Yesterday, 02:21 PM

Server has been down for 5 days, I've sent in tickets, sent an email and even twitted you guys multiple times. Got one response so far saying it will be fixed shortly. It's been 3 days since I got that. Why am I paying for a service I am not receiving? I'm generally thinking of leaving and requesting Paypal to reverse the last transaction for not delivering/providing a service I paid for.

The SnowBox

Flans Mod|IP: 91.121.82.84:25718

luigiofthebakery

Posted Yesterday, 10:50 PM

craftyourbox.com seems to have disappeared, I checked it yesterday and it was just an empty white page, the day before that they were performing some so called 'maintenance'.

Even the image in the main post of this thread is broken :o

Steev_93
    Steev_93

Tree Puncher

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 18 posts

Posted Today, 04:31 AM

View Postluigiofthebakery, on 23 April 2014 - 10:50 PM, said:

craftyourbox.com seems to have disappeared, I checked it yesterday and it was just an empty white page, the day before that they were performing some so called 'maintenance'.

Even the image in the main post of this thread is broken Posted Image

There currently trying to fix the SSL Error due to the heart bleed attack a few weeks ago

View PostSnowey1994, on 23 April 2014 - 02:21 PM, said:

Server has been down for 5 days, I've sent in tickets, sent an email and even twitted you guys multiple times. Got one response so far saying it will be fixed shortly. It's been 3 days since I got that. Why am I paying for a service I am not receiving? I'm generally thinking of leaving and requesting Paypal to reverse the last transaction for not delivering/providing a service I paid for.

You'll prob get reimburset, this is not there fault to to this attack being World Wide!

Regards,
Steev

Steev_93
    Steev_93

Tree Puncher

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 18 posts

Posted Today, 08:09 AM

~ Remove Please