• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

How to know the enchantment before you get it!

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

DrAcONinja

Posted 18 March 2012 - 09:11 PM

I just looked at a thread and Ive seen on numerous youtube videos that people don't know what enchantment is what and think its just gambling for the enchantment. This is a common misconception.

I recall reading when enchanting was first implamented looking up how to figure it out. I found the answer quite quickly. The descriptions of the enchantments was actually written in The Standard Galactic Alphabet, from  Commander keen. I've never watched, read or played whatever Commander Keen is but, Enchanting was written in its alphabet, I guess Notch was a fan. If you dont belive me check this out (Its from the Minecraft wiki) http://www.minecraft...lactic_Alphabet

Register or log in to remove.

alkaro
    alkaro

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 98 posts
  • Minecraft: alkaro

Posted 18 March 2012 - 09:16 PM

The text shown in the enchantment table (In the Standard Galactic Alphabet) does not translate to what enchantment you'll get.

warwk006
  • Minecraft: warwk006

Posted 18 March 2012 - 09:17 PM

wiki:
Spoiler:

Jolon1
    Jolon1

Newly Spawned

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 08:20 AM

If you look on the minecraft wiki it will show you that it translates to random phrases. And if I remember correctly one of them translated to something like: internets are good, I think that's what it was. But there is a website that tells you how to guess what you might get by using a formula but I couldn't understand it

MMWong
    MMWong

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 472 posts
  • Minecraft: MMWong

Posted 21 December 2012 - 09:24 AM

View PostDrAcONinja, on 18 March 2012 - 09:11 PM, said:

I just looked at a thread and Ive seen on numerous youtube videos that people don't know what enchantment is what and think its just gambling for the enchantment. This is a common misconception.

I recall reading when enchanting was first implamented looking up how to figure it out. I found the answer quite quickly. The descriptions of the enchantments was actually written in The Standard Galactic Alphabet, from  Commander keen. I've never watched, read or played whatever Commander Keen is but, Enchanting was written in its alphabet, I guess Notch was a fan. If you dont belive me check this out (Its from the Minecraft wiki) http://www.minecraft...lactic_Alphabet
They are random words.

If you thought my comment was good/useful, a vote of reputation would be very much appreciated!

JPicleus
    JPicleus

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 38 posts
  • Minecraft: JPicleus

Posted 21 December 2012 - 02:18 PM

I know Standard Galactic Alphabet, and when you translate the enchantments, it makes phrases like Long Stale Short.  It's just jibber jabber.

Olgethorpe

Posted 17 March 2013 - 02:27 AM

rrrrrrrrrar

DSoloha
    DSoloha

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 501 posts
  • Minecraft: dsoloha12

Posted 17 March 2013 - 02:45 AM

View PostOlgethorpe, on 17 March 2013 - 02:27 AM, said:

rrrrrrrrrar
Thank you for spamming.

OT: The enchantment key, when translated, will be nothing but jibberish. I once tried to translte it, with some not-so-pretty results.
[Overused Signature Goes Here]

awesomeperson1234

Posted 28 July 2013 - 03:46 AM

View PostOlgethorpe, on 17 March 2013 - 02:27 AM, said:

rrrrrrrrrar
Dont spam please i hate it when people spam