To summarize: this mod allows you to transmute tons of materials into other materials. It adds a lot of what is classified by many as "endgame content", to make you feel more godlike in your sandbox world. If this offends your Minecrafting sensibilities, this may not be the mod for you.
These items are psychotically expensive, so before you bash them, try acquiring the items legitimately. You'll find it's not exactly a cakewalk.
All works here copyright x3n0ph0b3 and Pahimar, unless otherwise stated. We spend a fair amount of time working on this mod and it makes us very sad to see it taken from us
Regarding mod packs, please ask for permission before include it in your pack. The majority of the time we have no issue with this, but this is our mod and so reserve the right to control how it is released and shared.
EAQ (Excessively Asked Questions
How can I add my own EMC values for my other mod items? Is there a config file or something I need to update?
We don't have something like this in right now, but it is something I'm working on in my larger rewrite of the mod. In the meantime pwnedgod has updated his CustomEMC addon for EE2. You can find it here; Client.
Can I use this mod in my modpack?
Generally as long as you do not 1) profit from the modpack and 2) modify the source of this mod in the modpack you have my permission to include the mod in your modpack. I do still appreciate being asked however.
I'd think this new feature would be awesome! You should add it! or Are you adding anything new?
Features/items/etc in EE2 are generally "frozen," meaning that unless it is a game breaking bug it's not a high priority for me right now. I am not adding new features to EE2; I am just maintaining it at the moment. All of my development time is currently on EE3 which is a complete rewrite of the mod from the ground up, with lots of rebalancing and changes to items/blocks. Look for more information as the development of EE3 progresses.
When will EE2 (or EE3) be out for MC X.Y.Z?
The short answer is when it's ready. Whenever Minecraft has a major release, it takes time for the dependencies that mods have update. When all of those are updated, the modders can update their mods. Depending on the amount of changes it can take some time. Be patient - we're aware the update happened and are very likely very busy working on the update.
Will you update EE2 for MC 1.3.2?
I have decided to focus on getting EE3 out for MC 1.3.2 as fast as possible, and then I'll revisit updating EE2 for MC 1.3.2. I strongly believe that EE3 will be more balanced (and hopefully more fun!) than EE2, and I want to get it to you sooner than later.
Where can I get updates on EE3 development?
I'm almost always on #ee on irc.esper.net, as well as #direwolf20. You can also find me on Twitter (@Pahimar).
How did you learn Java? How did you learn to mod?
I studied Computer Science in university where we used Java predominately (as well as C, Haskell, etc). As for how/where did I learn how to mod, I read and followed tutorials on the Minecraft Forums and (politely) asked for advice/help on the various modding channels on irc.esper.net. Specifically, #mcp-modding and #minecraftforge were very helpful.
Also, look around for Open Source mods to see how they work. BuildCraft is a notable one, and I am developing EE3 to be Open Source as well (both on GitHub).
1. Transmutation Tables sometimes don't work properly in SMP (especially with MystCraft).
2. Placing items that have EMC values but are not blocks in the Mercurial Eye cause Minecraft to crash.
3. Stone Slab exploit; Yup. I know about it. I can't do anything about it in EE2. Look for the fix in EE3.
4. IC2 Macerator exploit(s); See Stone Slab exploit.
The official Equivalent Exchange 2 Wiki can be found at http://equivalentexc...ikispaces.com/. The Wiki is community maintained so if you find something out of date, or inaccurate, please update it for the betterment of us all
Client Installation Video
GameFuze has updated his install video for EE2 for v126.96.36.199. Give it a watch if you are having trouble getting the mod installed.
Direwolf20's mod spotlight for the new features in Equivalent Exchange v6.08. Many of these features still exist in today's version.
Client (for Minecraft 1.2.5)
1. Install the required version of ModLoader in to your minecraft.jar
2. Remove META-INF from your minecraft.jar
3. Install the required version of Forge in to you minecraft.jar
4. Put EE2ClientV####.jar in to your /mods folder
5. Load up Minecraft and play!
Server (for Minecraft 1.2.5)
1. Install the required version of Forge in to you minecraft.jar
2. Place the downloaded EE2ServerV####.jar (#### being the version number of EE2 that you downloaded) into the /mods in your Minecraft server directory
3. Start up your Minecraft server and play!
If you have trouble during the installation start with a fresh minecraft.jar, and try loading your Minecraft after every step above. This will help you figure out specifically where and what went wrong in the installation.
If you enjoy the mod and feel like you'd like to help us out with some monetary support feel free to make a donation. It is very much appreciated, and nothing that we expect or demand.
The changelog for Equivalent Exchange 2 can be found here: http://goo.gl/tPaGx
Equivalent Exchange 2 for Minecraft 1.2.5
Current version: 188.8.131.52
cpw has been kind enough to port EE2 to Bukkit for us all, and we are working together to add the bits needed so that EE2 can really play nice in a Bukkit world (namely, improving block access so EE2 respects world protection plugins). Look for this port to only get better with time!
Equivalent Exchange 2 - Bukkit Port
Please post issues related to the Bukkit port in the thread there, AFTER you have verified that it isn't an issue with the "vanilla" version of EE2.
How to Troubleshoot
- Make sure that you followed the Installation instructions properly. If you are having problems installing, start over with a fresh Minecraft jar and load up Minecraft after every step in the installation. This will help you figure out where things went wrong in the installation.
- Run the Minecraft Error Test Script. This is the first piece of information any of us will need to see in order to help you with your problem if you can't figure it out yourself. If your computer opens it up in Notepad then you need to change the file extension from ".bat.txt" to ".bat". Follow the instructions here to help you do that.
- Another more full featured troubleshooting utility for Minecraft (which also works on Mac and Linux/Unix) can be found here.
We have some lovely folks in our IRC channel that can be a real help with problems. We only ask that you are nice and respectful, or you will be asked to leave.
If you have followed all of the troubleshooting steps, talked with us in IRC, and you are still sure that you did everything correctly and that this is a bug (they do happen) please report them to me in IRC or through a PM here on the Minecraft Forums. If I don't get back to you right away I'm probably busy, but trust me that I have read your email and will get back to you in time.
Caden Donuts has created a Sphax addon for Equivalent Exchange. Thanks to him and Ruyan for supporting the pack and others. If you're using Sphax rockin' texture pack and would like the EE stuff to match, it already exists.
GodOfNeoN made some nice 32px textures for Equivalent Exchange 2 as part of Emkay443's version of GeruDoku
Edited by Pahimar, 27 October 2012 - 10:18 PM.
: Lock notice