• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[Launcher] SK's Launcher v3.1.5 - [+ SKCraft Launcher / modpack distribution platform)

• Please log in to reply
478 replies to this topic

LoRaM100
    LoRaM100

Glowstone Miner

• Members
  • 3482 posts
  • Location: Citizen of the world. We all share this one orb, let's take good care of it.

Posted 17 February 2013 - 07:49 PM

View Postoeroboeorne, on 17 February 2013 - 04:43 PM, said:

is this possible to launch it w/o premium acc? I mean some of my friend (sadly) dont have premium acc but we want to make server with some mods and this launcher will be perfect, so, it is possible to play w/o premium?
I don't have Curse premium.
I DO have a paid MC account.
I think (HOPE) you (your friends) will have a great deal of trouble if you aren't paid MC members.
Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

Elisabasgon
  • Minecraft: elisabasgon

Posted 22 February 2013 - 02:51 AM

get rid of better than wolves it has coding that screws with other mods

felinoel
    felinoel

Nether Resident

• Members
  • 2302 posts
  • Minecraft: felinoel

Posted 22 February 2013 - 11:42 PM

View Postsk89q, on 18 March 2012 - 12:32 AM, said:

As some people may know, I've been making my own custom launcher for a long time now, primarily for my Minecraft server
IT RUNS SERVERS?!?!?!?

Why is this not more popular? It is the only mod running that works for running servers with! *installs*

Rimevel
    Rimevel

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 127 posts
  • Minecraft: Rimevel

Posted 23 February 2013 - 05:24 PM

View Postfeekkee, on 29 January 2013 - 12:37 PM, said:

I have an own modpack that i use with my friends on my server.
I am trying to find an launcher where i can autoupdate the modpack through an launcher so they dont have to replace and delete stuff everytime i update some mods.
Could this launcher do that for me? Say i update an mod, and the launcher should now delete the mod from my friends folders if it isnt in the modpack zip.
I second this. As I understand this launcher can do exactly this but only for sk89q's own server. If I want this functionality I will have to make my own version using the source and then generate a certificate? There's a pull request on the Github for an easier system but it seems like it has been put on hold for now. I have been digging around in the source but I'm a novice at java so I can't really do much with it.
I need this quite badly but I don't get the whole certificate thing :/

TheAmazeMan3

Posted 24 February 2013 - 11:46 PM

I have downloaded the thingy and i have put a few mods on it and whenever i try to play it fails and i cant play whatsoever. will you please tell me what it is doing and how i can fix it. I really need to know how to fix it

I have downloaded the thingy and i have put a few mods on it and whenever i try to play it fails and i cant play whatsoever. will you please tell me what it is doing and how i can fix it. I really need to know how to fix it

Odovbold
    Odovbold

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 25 posts
  • Minecraft: Odovbold

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:45 PM

This looks cool, thanks!
I like the idea of open source, btw. :)

Flurfydino124
  • Minecraft: fluffydino124

Posted 02 March 2013 - 05:38 AM

Can't wait for the .app version, because my mac's java is all screwed up and doesn't launch .jars.
Posted Image

WhisperHD

Posted 05 March 2013 - 03:08 AM

OMFG WHY THE HELL DO I FEEL THAT YOU SHOULD POST INSTRUCTIONS FOR HOW TO DOWNLOAD THIS LAUNCHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

CorruptedHelix

Posted 05 March 2013 - 03:30 AM

View PostWhisperHD, on 05 March 2013 - 03:08 AM, said:

OMFG WHY THE HELL DO I FEEL THAT YOU SHOULD POST INSTRUCTIONS FOR HOW TO DOWNLOAD THIS LAUNCHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Because you are acting incompetent enough that you can't properly read the post to find the Downloads section. You are aware that the Downloads section is even in bold, so you don't have to read all of it just to find it?
If I helped you, make sure to upvote my posts.

caglios
    caglios

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 12:39 AM

How do I download this? I arrived at this link: http://build.sk89q.c...89q$mclauncher/ Not sure what to get from there. Can someone point out the correct one?

LoRaM100
    LoRaM100

Glowstone Miner

• Members
  • 3482 posts
  • Location: Citizen of the world. We all share this one orb, let's take good care of it.

Posted 07 March 2013 - 12:57 AM

Could it be page 1, post 1, of this very thread?
AFTER you READ every part of that post!
Before you post a question READ it again and the last 5 pages.
Lou
The above is true for EVERY Mod.
Posted Image

caglios
    caglios

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 01:48 AM

I have read the first post. Where do you think I got the link I posted in my previous post from? If you're not gonna help, don't bother posting.

LoRaM100
    LoRaM100

Glowstone Miner

• Members
  • 3482 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 07:14 AM

If you READ the links 3 of the downloads have the same number... Put on your glasses!!! Slow down and actually READ.
Had YOU done that you'd have found your answer 7 hours ago. How much time did you save?
Posted Image

caglios
    caglios

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 12:27 PM

They have different extensions. I don't know which one to download. What a lovely community Minecraft forums have! Also, stop writing in CAPS! If you have anger management issues, go yell at somebody else.

My eyesight is perfect. I don't have and I don't need glasses. Thank you.

naemr
    naemr

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 05:12 PM

.exe for windows machines, .app for mac machines, .jar for almost any machine.
http://ci.md-5.net/job/SKMCLauncher/

http://build.sk89q.c...b/SKMCLauncher/

caglios
    caglios

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 05:28 PM

View Postnaemr, on 07 March 2013 - 05:12 PM, said:

.exe for windows machines, .app for mac machines, .jar for almost any machine.
http://ci.md-5.net/job/SKMCLauncher/

http://build.sk89q.c...b/SKMCLauncher/
Thanks. I didn't know I could run jar files on windows. The first link is outdated version even though it has an .exe file.

I just tried it. It works like an executable file. Interesting. Previously when I tried to open minecraft.jar file on my pc, it produced an error and I had opened it with 7zip.

IJM1797
    IJM1797

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 01:13 AM

What in the ­ am I suppose to open it with?! Give some damn instructions on how to set it up you piece of ­e

Frankmillerx

Posted 02 April 2013 - 10:32 PM

View Postsk89q, on 18 March 2012 - 03:59 PM, said:

I'll look into having that added. The fullscreen option is passed directly to Minecraft, so maybe Minecraft doesn't take it well (anymore?).

You'd have to extract the files manually but it should work.

The launch thread must be crashing. I'll have to look into it.

I'm hoping to rectify this shortly, so you can intervene when necessary (without getting too dirty) to get a given mod installed.
How do I put this installer into my MC?

Frankmillerx

Posted 02 April 2013 - 10:39 PM

I got it now, but it runs VERY slow? 5 FPS and below, for some odd reason? 3.5.17

Saki2fifty
  • Minecraft: saki2fifty
  • Xbox:saki250

Posted 03 April 2013 - 08:58 PM

Going to try this out when I get home, but would you approve this being used in a Mod Pack?

Also, will this app autodownload minecraft.jar, fml, etc. or is that on the user to do manually?

Thanks,