• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[Launcher] SK's Launcher v3.1.5 - [+ SKCraft Launcher / modpack distribution platform)

• Please log in to reply
478 replies to this topic

sk89q
    sk89q

Gold Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 474 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 12:32 AM

POPULAR

IMPORTANT:

The launcher on this page supports BOTH manual profile creation and a modpack distribution platform (one of the first!), but it is NOT updated for Minecraft 1.6.

However, because I still run a modded server, I still need a launcher, so I wrote a Minecraft 1.6/1.7/1.8+ compatible version. UNFORTUNATELY, you can't create your own version profiles in it. It ONLY contains the modpack downloading platform.

If you want to use this new launcher, you can find the source code on GitHub. The distribution platform works pretty much the same way as the one in this launcher (with the same features).

-March 17, 2014

------------------------------------

This is an easy to use Minecraft launcher written by myself, author of WorldEdit and more! It supports downloading custom modpacks, makes mod installation easier, lets you change Java and memory settings easily, and more!

It's also OPEN SOURCE, so you can download the source code, edit it as you please, and make a new version.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Download

1.6+ IS NOT YET SUPPORTED. I'm working on it. - Oct 21, 2013

Posted Image Windows .exe (WARNING: You might get a .exe warning. Please ignore it or use the JAR instead.)
Posted Image Mac OS X .app
Posted Image Linux .jar (cross-platform version)

Posted Image Find the source code on GitHub.
Posted Image Talk to sk89q on Twitter.
I'm the author of WorldEdit, WorldGuard, WarmRoast, a custom MC launcher platform, and a few other things.
I've also been running a server since MC alpha:
Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

yorrd
    yorrd

Stone Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 81 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 12:47 AM

Looks cool! My default now. Thanks for yet another awesome project :)
Fantasy-realistic role play: Adornis, contact skypeyord on skype for more information.
www.adornis.de coming soon :)

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 01:24 AM

I can't wait to use this! Do you have an ETA on the .app for macs?

sk89q
    sk89q

Gold Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 474 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 01:25 AM

View Post1770749, on 18 March 2012 - 01:24 AM, said:

I can't wait to use this! Do you have an ETA on the .app for macs?

Whenever a friend with a Mac shows up >.>
I'm the author of WorldEdit, WorldGuard, WarmRoast, a custom MC launcher platform, and a few other things.
Posted Image

kyle772
    kyle772

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 197 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 01:46 AM

You've done it again sk89q! You are truly one of the better people in the minecraft community.

Posted Image

gretar123
  • Minecraft: gretar123

Posted 18 March 2012 - 02:49 AM

Awesome!
Posted Image

fuzetsu490

Posted 18 March 2012 - 04:51 AM

Looks great!
This is definitely my default launcher from now on.

md_5
    md_5

Carpenter

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 49 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 04:57 AM

Downloading now, I hope it lives up to my expectations, looks really good Posted Image

EDIT: And yes it does, amazing job sk, I will be sure to make some pull requests.

EDIT AGAIN: It works really well and I look forward to working with sk89q to iron out the bugs and make it even better.

PseudoKnight

Posted 18 March 2012 - 06:15 AM

I love that it's stripped down graphically compared to magic launcher. One thing that is missed is that magic launcher does some checks in the addons for possible incompatibilities. Other than that, it looks like a favorable replacement.

wp6890
    wp6890

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 07:26 AM

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Posted Image Posted Image Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

sk89q
    sk89q

Gold Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 474 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 07:31 AM

I posted v3.1.1 which fixed some issues with some mods not being properly scanned.
Posted Image

citricsquid
  • Minecraft: citricsquid
  • Xbox:citricsquid

Posted 18 March 2012 - 08:44 AM

impressive work!

PsiPab
    PsiPab

Newly Spawned

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 11:00 AM

Nice launcher, thanks. :)

Suggestion: A 'launch maximised' option (not full screen). I always play in a maximised window so I can still see my taskbar.

Possible bug: I tried out the full screen option and not only did it not launch in full screen, but after I maximised the window the game continued to play in a small part of the window in the bottom left of the screen.

Disethas
    Disethas

Ralphie you are so pretty

• Retired Staff
  • Curse Premium
  • 2168 posts
  • Minecraft: Disethas

Posted 18 March 2012 - 11:13 AM

Do mods that modify things outside of minecraft.jar work properly?
E.G.
MAtmos' files in resources and the like.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Puremin0rez

Posted 18 March 2012 - 11:22 AM

Whenever I make a new configuration, logging in will just stay at "Connecting to login.minecraft.net" forever. It does NOT do this on the default configuration.

snowy007
    snowy007

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Minecraft: Snowy007

Posted 18 March 2012 - 11:22 AM

It works nice.
Both modloader and the Worldedit CUI are installed fine.

But then.. there is this other mod. The Water shader mod.(http://www.minecraft...ader-alpha-v5b/)
This mod does not only require files to be added to the minecraft.jar but also requires you to add the included 'shaders' folder to your 'bin' folder. So just for information, this mod and perhaps other mods that require more than changing the minecraft.jar are incompatible with the mod installer of this launcher.
Don't know if this is possible or easy to include, but i just thought i'd let you know.

Jekyll
    Jekyll

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 12:02 PM

this is great! I hope this can replace the batch-scripts I use
for switching configuration files and login-credentials before launch

(we play with different accounts and settings on the same computer, so I basically have folders with sets of all the different config-files and overwrite the 'real' file with it's person-specific counterpart when starting the script, launch the jar, and write back the changes to the person-specific file after minecraft has closed sucessfully)

JeremyisBetter
  • Minecraft: Its_MaGiiK

Posted 18 March 2012 - 02:49 PM

How do I use the two different .jars on only one config?
EDIT: Never mind, I figured it out by myself but thanks for the awesome launcher

sk89q
    sk89q

Gold Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 474 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 03:59 PM

View PostPsiPab, on 18 March 2012 - 11:00 AM, said:

Nice launcher, thanks. Posted Image

Suggestion: A 'launch maximised' option (not full screen). I always play in a maximised window so I can still see my taskbar.

Possible bug: I tried out the full screen option and not only did it not launch in full screen, but after I maximised the window the game continued to play in a small part of the window in the bottom left of the screen.

I'll look into having that added. The fullscreen option is passed directly to Minecraft, so maybe Minecraft doesn't take it well (anymore?).

View PostDisethas, on 18 March 2012 - 11:13 AM, said:

Do mods that modify things outside of minecraft.jar work properly?
E.G.
MAtmos' files in resources and the like.

You'd have to extract the files manually but it should work.

View PostPuremin0rez, on 18 March 2012 - 11:22 AM, said:

Whenever I make a new configuration, logging in will just stay at "Connecting to login.minecraft.net" forever. It does NOT do this on the default configuration.

The launch thread must be crashing. I'll have to look into it.

View Postsnowy007, on 18 March 2012 - 11:22 AM, said:

It works nice.
Both modloader and the Worldedit CUI are installed fine.

But then.. there is this other mod. The Water shader mod.(http://www.minecraft...ader-alpha-v5b/)
This mod does not only require files to be added to the minecraft.jar but also requires you to add the included 'shaders' folder to your 'bin' folder. So just for information, this mod and perhaps other mods that require more than changing the minecraft.jar are incompatible with the mod installer of this launcher.
Don't know if this is possible or easy to include, but i just thought i'd let you know.

I'm hoping to rectify this shortly, so you can intervene when necessary (without getting too dirty) to get a given mod installed.
Posted Image

Minerscentral
  • Minecraft: jpmi1
  • Xbox:jpmi

Posted 18 March 2012 - 09:04 PM

I am trying to do a video for you but i am having trouble finding mods that work for it got any?
Creating Quality MINECRAFT Videos www.youtube.com/minerscentral