Trading With Villagers

trade with villagers

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

BrennanZ
  • Minecraft: Baz621

Posted 17 March 2012 - 04:13 PM

Hello,

As you may know you will probably be able to trade with villagers in the future updates. Which brings up a interesting topic. Should you spawn in a village all the time? Of course, this depends on whether trading will be an important part of the game or just a thing you can do if your lucky enough to come across a village. I personally think that making you spawn in a village and making a improtant part of the game would make it feel less like Minecraft and less of a sandbox. It might be cool to spawn in a village all the time and have that be your starting point, but I think that that would take away from the whole feel of Minecraft, which is you're alone and you have to survive instead of just spawning with a bunch of people and homes right next to you. I don't think villages and villagers are bad for Minecraft I just think spawning in one all the time would be, but it's ok if you just randomly come across one, or have a small chance of spawning in one. So, what are your thoughts?
Posted Image
"I can see a beautiful sunset rendering in the distance."

Register or log in to remove.

SirLeeuwenKlauw

Posted 17 March 2012 - 04:41 PM

No, finding a village is part of the survival! :D

jcokeinfinity
  • Minecraft: jcokeinfinity

Posted 18 March 2012 - 12:02 AM

And if you are wondering trading is confirmed in a recent interview with jeb, there is even an empty 'trade.class' file in minecraft.jar. I think that trading should open the gate to more renewablizing (yes, I just made up that word) of resources, such as trading for diamonds. I also think there should be gold coins (not worth a lot) made by smelting gold nuggets. Personally, I'm going to take a villager to my house and going to trade from the safety of my own home! :)
My Minecraft skin (in my avatar) looks like me in real life.

The new Discovery: http://www.minecraft...zing-discovery/

cecilexplodes
  • Minecraft: cecilkrakken

Posted 18 March 2012 - 04:08 AM

I am more excited about this feature than anything else, honestly. Curious though, how they plan to implement it. I would like to see trading be in real time though, that is for sure. As in, you trade the villagers materials that they use. Give them wood and they make planks and build houses and multiply.  That way when you go trade to with them again they have a different demand.

scrubking

Posted 18 March 2012 - 05:02 PM

I also look forward to villagers trading and generally doing more than opening and closing a million doors a day.

narutoall76
  • Minecraft: chrisall76
  • Xbox:chrisall76

Posted 18 March 2012 - 05:13 PM

As long as they stop loving to open/close doors, i'm happy with trading.

GreenGenesis1

Posted 18 March 2012 - 08:49 PM

Id like to see the different NPCs having different wares. The blacksmith having an armor/ weapon shop, a baker a general store: Flowers stuff like that etc.
Posted Image

TheMrMan
  • Minecraft: TheMrMan

Posted 18 March 2012 - 10:52 PM

I think it should be able to trade common goods such as wood and cobble, iron and coal. And they can give you unique new items.

conjw
    conjw

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 10:54 PM

For me, I think villages should be improved a lot. They are really interesting imo.
But yeah you shouldn't spawn there

Unit7
    Unit7

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1026 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 10:56 PM

I definitely don't want to see us spawn in a village everytime. I mean sure its never been hard to find shelter during the first night but... it would just make it  even easier which is never fun. That and people would complain that Minecraft is becoming to easy.

But I do like the idea of trading with them.

Yogierin
    Yogierin

Void Walker

• Members
  • 1505 posts
  • Minecraft: MinisterOfMayhem

Posted 19 March 2012 - 01:42 AM

I just want a reason to protect those noobs.
Posted Image

EvanderQuisling7737
  • Minecraft: EvanderQ7737

Posted 19 March 2012 - 03:41 AM

View PostYogierin, on 19 March 2012 - 01:42 AM, said:

I just want a reason to protect those noobs.
Yeah. Right now the only reason to keep them alive is so they can breed, and so you can have suicide theater.
I've been a Minecraft player since Beta 1.7, still my favorite game!
Twitter: @EvanLange7737

LavaAndDiamond
  • Minecraft: LavaAndDiamond

Posted 19 March 2012 - 03:55 AM

View Postjcokeinfinity, on 18 March 2012 - 12:02 AM, said:

And if you are wondering trading is confirmed in a recent interview with jeb, there is even an empty 'trade.class' file in minecraft.jar. I think that trading should open the gate to more renewablizing (yes, I just made up that word) of resources, such as trading for diamonds. I also think there should be gold coins (not worth a lot) made by smelting gold nuggets. Personally, I'm going to take a villager to my house and going to trade from the safety of my own home! Posted Image

Yeah, there were also unused pigman and villager skins in the minecraft.jar. And bleeding obsidian. Point is, just because they're getting ready to do it doesn't mean they're going to do it.
You can click on this dragon if you want.
Posted Image

KowaretaTamashi
  • Minecraft: TheFirstGun

Posted 19 March 2012 - 07:45 AM

View Postscrubking, on 18 March 2012 - 05:02 PM, said:

I also look forward to villagers trading and generally doing more than opening and closing a million doors a day.
Maybe they will sell doors :o
Posted Image

BrennanZ
  • Minecraft: Baz621

Posted 24 March 2012 - 04:19 AM

Now I get it, villagers have some strange addiction to doors. So you will be able to trade anything you want with them for doors. Want diamonds? Give 'em a door.
Posted Image
"I can see a beautiful sunset rendering in the distance."

doctorseaweed2

Posted 24 March 2012 - 04:49 AM

What would happen if you stole from them?
Posted Image

etopsirhc

Posted 24 March 2012 - 06:17 AM

i say you should have to find it .
though i know their will be people looking for seeds that make them spawn in a village its way better to make you find your own place :P
Posted Image

Skat3rat
    Skat3rat

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 181 posts
  • Minecraft: Skat3rat

Posted 24 March 2012 - 06:41 AM

I'm excited about the option to trade.  If you don't want to live in a NPC village just leave the area and come back if you want too.

GordonChin

Posted 24 March 2012 - 07:02 AM

View PostBrennanZ, on 17 March 2012 - 04:13 PM, said:

Hello,

As you may know you will probably be able to trade with villagers in the future updates. Which brings up a interesting topic. Should you spawn in a village all the time?
Uh, what?

View PostBrennanZ, on 17 March 2012 - 04:13 PM, said:

I personally think that making you spawn in a village and making a improtant part of the game would make it feel less like Minecraft and less of a sandbox.

Who brought this up?  What makes you think this would happen, are they planning this?  You would either spawn at the spawn point or you would spawn where you slept last, that's is how it works now.   Please provide evidence that they are changing it.

GorgeousTaylor

Posted 24 March 2012 - 07:05 AM

View PostGordonChin, on 24 March 2012 - 07:02 AM, said:

Who brought this up?  What makes you think this would happen, are they planning this?

The devs are planning to implement villager trading,
but you're right, nobody said anything about village spawning.