• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

25 ways to make MineCraft run faster and reduce lag!

faster lag speed reduce mine craft minecraft ways 10 ten

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Eastonium147
  • Minecraft: Eastonium

Posted 15 March 2012 - 03:42 AM

There are many different ways to make MineCraft run faster. I am here to help you. Posted Image The Following are some tips that will hopefully improve your Lag-less (or laggy) MineCraft Experience!
AND I WROTE THIS ENTIRE THING MYSELF!! SO DON'T SAY I STOLE IT!! And if you want to be real nice, got to my PMC post and Diamond it! (There are more tips there too!)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

Orthag
    Orthag

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 05:09 AM

As some one who has done all of these, i can confirm the work. Especially number 10. 1.6 GHz Acer doesn't like minecraft.

Eastonium147
  • Minecraft: Eastonium

Posted 21 April 2012 - 04:44 PM

Anyone wanna reduce their lag??

Posted Image

TheChunkWorld
  • Minecraft: xXjackathyxX

Posted 22 April 2012 - 09:06 PM

The one where you can set the priority within the Process Task Manager has worked brilliantly for me, all you do is close all other programs, then load-up Minecraft and you'll notice it is a ton faster, it used to load in like a 30 seconds, now it's around 15 :) Great tutorial.

lengi123
    lengi123

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 09:15 PM

How do i access the 32-bit control panel on a 64-bit version of windows 7?

starlinvf
    starlinvf

Glowstone Miner

• Members
  • 3169 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 09:24 PM

View PostxXjackathyxX, on 22 April 2012 - 09:06 PM, said:

The one where you can set the priority within the Process Task Manager has worked brilliantly for me, all you do is close all other programs, then load-up Minecraft and you'll notice it is a ton faster, it used to load in like a 30 seconds, now it's around 15 Posted Image Great tutorial.

You need to be careful with though.   Changing the process priority means your forcing other processes to have a lower priority then the game... and this can be bad if the game is consuming most of your CPU time to begin with.   Rather then force competition, its better to clean up the system and gut bloated software and malware from even running.

Zaflisa
    Zaflisa

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 08:58 PM

Which one do you recomend most? (except for #10)
Zaflisa

Hola_mis_Amigo
  • Minecraft: Apex639

Posted 15 July 2012 - 01:01 PM

I have a minecraft server. when i use disk cleanup, does it get rid of my file with the server in it?

starlinvf
    starlinvf

Glowstone Miner

• Members
  • 3169 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 03:30 PM

View PostHola_mis_Amigo, on 15 July 2012 - 01:01 PM, said:

I have a minecraft server. when i use disk cleanup, does it get rid of my file with the server in it?

only if your running the server in a system directory.   Otherwise, it could care less where it is.

TheAceOverKings
  • Minecraft: AcePuppy

Posted 27 July 2012 - 03:31 AM

I did #8 a long time ago from another topic and just set "Best Performance" and recently decided I didn't like what it did to the icons on the desktop (looking permanently highlighted)....
Looked for an hour for where it was(it's freaking complicated if you don't know where to start), finally gave up and looked for something like this.
So thanks for the (indirect) help. xD
"If you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put foundations under them."
-Henry David Thoreau

cepums09
    cepums09

Newly Spawned

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 08:31 AM

I know all this except the first, so ill try, and thanks for the tips.
p.s- tips about getting a new pc doesn't work, believe me, I have a new and powerful pc that i bought for work and gaming but still minecraft lags as hell even on big ram and good gpu. :(

Gold_Enderman

Posted 23 August 2012 - 08:09 PM

:l Im Spaced out !-i this is relay hard