• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

So, you can buy Minecraft toys in store... but not the game!???

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

DrunkMalak

Posted 14 March 2012 - 08:41 PM

So, you can buy Minecraft toys in store... but you can't buy the game. Today I was in a game store, I found a Minecraft toy pickaxe & sword for 200 kr each (20 euro and I think it's little expensive for just 1 paper toy...) So I find it wierd that you can't buy Minecraft in stores, Mojang would really earn more money + more players!!!
And I could play with friends.

Register or log in to remove.

Syntheosis

Posted 14 March 2012 - 08:46 PM

You can play with friends already. It's called multiplayer.
It is an interesting but depressing reality that most politicians are just regular people with power. And most people would be as bad as politicians if only they could get some power.

DrunkMalak

Posted 14 March 2012 - 09:05 PM

View PostSyntheosis, on 14 March 2012 - 08:46 PM, said:

You can play with friends already. It's called multiplayer.

My friends don't own Minecraft, and they do never use unlicensed copy. Luckely I got one as gift for christmas.

redsand
    redsand

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1167 posts
  • Minecraft: redsand007

Posted 14 March 2012 - 09:12 PM

Well you can't buy a digital copy of a toy...

FnordianLoop
  • Minecraft: FnordianLoop

Posted 14 March 2012 - 09:21 PM

reason Minecraft isn't available in stores = theft
remember minecraft is in essence an account on a server, minecraft.net, to be exact. the software is ancillary to that (and in fact unneeded as there are already third party clients and servers out there). the benefit in purchasing mincraft is the account (and ability to multi-play / use skins / get updates etc). so your in store box would be pretty bare (could use a card in fact, just with the key code)... ah there's the rub because I can guarantee those key code cards would be lifted by the pocket full :(

anyway that's why in a nutshell you won't find it in stores, or packed with LEGO Minecraft sets etc.
MineCraft: a game in which Adults and kids play together with blocks
"Shall I craft you a ladder to help you off that high horse now?"

Syntheosis

Posted 14 March 2012 - 09:23 PM

View PostDrunkMalak, on 14 March 2012 - 09:05 PM, said:

My friends don't own Minecraft, and they do never use unlicensed copy. Luckely I got one as gift for christmas.

And if Minecraft was in stores, they still wouldn't own it unless they bought it which they can already do.
It is an interesting but depressing reality that most politicians are just regular people with power. And most people would be as bad as politicians if only they could get some power.

DrunkMalak

Posted 15 March 2012 - 02:07 PM

View PostSyntheosis, on 14 March 2012 - 09:23 PM, said:

And if Minecraft was in stores, they still wouldn't own it unless they bought it which they can already do.

My friends & I are not allowed to buy stuff on the internet, but as said in the OP I got one for christmas.

View PostFnordianLoop, on 14 March 2012 - 09:21 PM, said:

remember minecraft is in essence an account on a server, minecraft.net, to be exact. the software is ancillary to that (and in fact unneeded as there are already third party clients and servers out there). the benefit in purchasing mincraft is the account (and ability to multi-play / use skins / get updates etc). so your in store box would be pretty bare (could use a card in fact, just with the key code)... ah there's the rub because I can guarantee those key code cards would be lifted by the pocket full Posted Image

anyway that's why in a nutshell you won't find it in stores, or packed with LEGO Minecraft sets etc.

Okay, I didn't thought about that Posted Image

magnitus
    magnitus

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 33 posts
  • Minecraft: Magnitus

Posted 15 March 2012 - 02:46 PM

remember minecraft is in essence an account on a server, minecraft.net, to be exact. the software is ancillary to that (and in fact unneeded as there are already third party clients and servers out there). the benefit in purchasing mincraft is the account (and ability to multi-play / use skins / get updates etc). so your in store box would be pretty bare (could use a card in fact, just with the key code)... ah there's the rub because I can guarantee those key code cards would be lifted by the pocket full Posted Image

well many retail stores sell different cards for different games some examples are habbo, club penguin, WoW, all that so yeah why not minecraft? they could also use a card print system that prints a giftkey on the "minecraft card" so it wont get robbed from the stores cards with no keys have no value heh
Posted Image

KaosC57
    KaosC57

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 894 posts
  • Minecraft: KaosC57

Posted 15 March 2012 - 02:53 PM

the above poster has a valid point. If the key on the card was not activateable untill purchase then the person who shoplifted would not only be forced to pay for the game but could more easely be found out.
Posted Image

FnordianLoop
  • Minecraft: FnordianLoop

Posted 16 March 2012 - 01:19 AM

it could be done that way I suppose, but I imagine there is a great deal of overhead in setting that up, it's all in the hands of Jeb and Notch really.
MineCraft: a game in which Adults and kids play together with blocks
"Shall I craft you a ladder to help you off that high horse now?"

sonicfreak
  • Minecraft: s0nicfreak

Posted 16 March 2012 - 01:27 AM

The same is true of Angry Birds and many other games. The days of buying pc games in a store will be gone soon. To play minecraft, you need the internet anyway, so there is no harm in making it avalible only the internet.

If you are allowed to buy a card and then use the code online, just buy a prepaid credit card at the store and then use that to buy minecraft.
Posted Image
IPlayGamesForALiving.com | s0nicfreak.tv | twitch.tv/s0nicfreak | youtube.com/s0nicfreak | twitter.com/s0nicfreak | facebook.com/s0nicfreaktv

The_Dizzie
  • Minecraft: The_Dizzie , Llette

Posted 16 March 2012 - 02:06 AM

I happen to be a shoplifter and I can agree with you...I would steal SO many minecraft accounts.....it would be awesome I could populate my own server and not be annoyed by noobs.

We need better chat! See my Suggestion:

Creator Content