The Academy of Minecraftia [AoM]

academy school server learning

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
663 replies to this topic

Tomandgreen
  • Minecraft: Tomandgreen

Posted 12 April 2012 - 12:53 AM

Academy:

1. A place of study or training in a special field.
2. A society of scholars, scientists, or artists.
3. A society of learned men; a school of learning, SEE COLLEGE!

University:

1. Establishment where a seat of higher learning is housed, including administrative and living quarters as well as facilities for research and teaching. (No Mention Of School Here)
2.  Large and diverse institution of higher learning created to educate for life and for a profession and to grant degrees. (Large? Diverse? For Life And Profession? Degrees?)
3.  The buildings of a centre for advanced education and research. (You just house the students?)

Seems we are closer to the fully functioning college definition than you are sir. Oh, and if you really do mean College and arn't refering to any school, only that special brand of school, then remember: THIS... IS.... MINECRAFT! Do you think somebody invented the phone, and another came up with the phone later but called it the Telephone and marketed it as a NEW, UNIQUE PRODUCT! "Oh, yeah. you have the phone, but we have the TELEPHONE! I'm an honest man, it's true!" I'm sorry sir, but reading your 'First College Evar" thing makes it seem like you are the first and only school around, a BLATANT LIE! Plus, if there is no other schools in Minecraft, you can't really be a College, cuz Colleges don't accept 11-14 year old n00bs, which we both freely do. By college you mean school, and we were here first. GTFO!

Register or log in to remove.

Sabinno
    Sabinno

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1223 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 01:18 AM

'False statement' removed.
Can you please remove us 'stealing your idea'?
Thanks in advance!

Posted Image

Le11onK
    Le11onK

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 379 posts
  • Minecraft: LeonKersten

Posted 12 April 2012 - 02:21 AM

What is actually the servers IP?

XZharkz
    XZharkz

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 132 posts
  • Minecraft: georetro

Posted 12 April 2012 - 10:19 AM

I'm moving to University of Autumn XD
Posted Image

BlairBros
  • Minecraft: BlairBros

Posted 12 April 2012 - 11:09 AM

Jeez, can you guys stop going on and on about, 'Oh, we are first college evar! We start year ago, but then we stop for 6 months, then start again after you guys, but we still first!!!' Seriously. We have removed the statement that said we are the first college in Minecraft, so stop biting us about that. Also, just cause you were the first, doesn't mean that you are the best. There is a reason why i swapped over, you know. The University of Autumn is larger, more dedicated, friendlier, and we actually teach people about things. I have already held several Astronomy lectures, which is one of the least popular classes. Don;t complain about us 'stealing' your members, if they are attracted by a better server. And before you get all angry over this comment, let me remind you that if a forum mod came here, you would most likely be warned for flaming.

Posted Image

BowMaster
  • Minecraft: BowMaster512

Posted 12 April 2012 - 05:17 PM

Please may I join this clan? Posted Image

What Are Your Hopes For AoM:
I hope to have some fun and learn some skills to be a good MC player

What Classes Would You Like To Take:
Everything - I hope.  I'd like to start with (in order of need):
  • Design and Architecture - have a little experience already
  • Mining and SSP skills - have experience mining, but what's SSP? Posted Image
  • Enchanting and Alchemy - no experience
I'm interested in starting a Server for my friends, would like to know what's involved.

How Active Will You Be:
I play MC everyday, but I plan to take classes on weekends

Can You Teach Any Subjects:
Not yet

Extra Info:
I just started playing MC for about 1 month.

View PostBowMaster, on 12 April 2012 - 05:16 PM, said:

Please may I join this clan? Posted Image

What Are Your Hopes For AoM:
I hope to have some fun and learn some skills to be a good MC player

What Classes Would You Like To Take:
Everything - I hope.  I'd like to start with (in order of need):
  • Design and Architecture - have a little experience already
  • Mining and SSP skills - have experience mining, but what's SSP? Posted Image
  • Enchanting and Alchemy - no experience
I'm interested in starting a Server for my friends, would like to know what's involved.

How Active Will You Be:
I play MC everyday, but I plan to take classes on weekends

Can You Teach Any Subjects:
Not yet

Extra Info:
I just started playing MC for about 1 month.

Whoops, it should be this emoticon :Logs^:

nimeton11
  • Minecraft: nimeton11

Posted 12 April 2012 - 05:21 PM

View PostXZharkz, on 12 April 2012 - 10:19 AM, said:

I'm moving to University of Autumn XD
Me too
Posted Image

Tomandgreen

Posted 12 April 2012 - 07:59 PM

LOLOL. What ever, if you really do like UoA better, stay there! Just a warning, it's mainly lecture halls. Our rue statement has been remved from the OP, and Bowmaster is accepted! Remember, anyne is allowed on the server whether accepted or not! :)

Locke_Erasmus
  • Minecraft: Cosmic_Cowboy

Posted 12 April 2012 - 09:54 PM

View PostBlairBros, on 12 April 2012 - 11:09 AM, said:

Jeez, can you guys stop going on and on about, 'Oh, we are first college evar! We start year ago, but then we stop for 6 months, then start again after you guys, but we still first!!!' Seriously. We have removed the statement that said we are the first college in Minecraft, so stop biting us about that. Also, just cause you were the first, doesn't mean that you are the best. There is a reason why i swapped over, you know. The University of Autumn is larger, more dedicated, friendlier, and we actually teach people about things. I have already held several Astronomy lectures, which is one of the least popular classes. Don;t complain about us 'stealing' your members, if they are attracted by a better server. And before you get all angry over this comment, let me remind you that if a forum mod came here, you would most likely be warned for flaming.
Did you say Astronomy? In Minecraft? No wonder it's one of the least popular classes. Class must be two minutes long, at most.

Quit distracting me!

Metriximor
  • Minecraft: Metriximor
  • Xbox:Metriximor

Posted 12 April 2012 - 10:30 PM

Whats happening on server?sometimes never is there.
Posted Image

Tomandgreen

Posted 12 April 2012 - 10:38 PM

GGG-RRR-EEE-AAA-TTT NEWS! We have a new server, still hosted by TheNet and same map/plugins, but NO LAG AND 24/7! Plus, dorms & Minecraft 101 & Magic WILL ALL BE FUNCTIONAL THIS WEEKEND! As a final piece of news, we are going through an inactivity sweep, so POST THE WORD JELLY TO BE RE-ADDED!

kevalalajnen
  • Minecraft: kevalalajnen

Posted 12 April 2012 - 10:51 PM

Jelly.
Them drum machines ain't got no soul.

Locke_Erasmus
  • Minecraft: Cosmic_Cowboy

Posted 12 April 2012 - 11:16 PM

Jelly (lol)

Quit distracting me!

rogueginger
  • Minecraft: rogueginger

Posted 12 April 2012 - 11:52 PM

WTF man, why was I removed from the teacher list?
Posted Image

AsphaltSurfer97
  • Minecraft: AsphaltSurfer97

Posted 13 April 2012 - 12:01 AM

jelly
Tiny Giants Made of Tinier Giants

AoM_Headmaster

Posted 13 April 2012 - 12:26 AM

View Postrogueginger, on 12 April 2012 - 11:52 PM, said:

WTF man, why was I removed from the teacher list?

You need to say JELLY!

Posted Image

Dr_Axe
    Dr_Axe

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1248 posts
  • Minecraft: Dr_Axe

Posted 13 April 2012 - 01:48 AM

Afternoon. I wasn't sure whether to drop an app, but here we go.

What Are Your Hopes For AoM: Just the obvious: learn.
What Classes Would You Like To Take: err, Redstone engineering, General warfare.
How Active Will You Be: Not that active sadly, I've got two clans and 40+ members to look after, plus a busy social life, so just every now-and-then, unless something changes or I become really hooked. I'm just 'here for the ride' in a way. I understand if you're looking for activity.
Can You Teach Any Subjects: Yes. Economics, Guitar, a little music theory (I'd definitely have to brush up on that if I were to teach), Psychology (Only ones that care), Body language, Politics (Especially left-wing & Fascism/Libertarianism), Physics, Chemistry, Biology (Only if really wanted.), Mathematics, a little Spanish and Writing Skills (Mostly grammar, writing styles etc.)
Extra Info: A-A* student, Plays guitar, Atheist, Studying for GCSE exams in may, Can teach up to A-grade GCSE and some higher-level stuff.

Also, shouldn't you build a forum or something, for essays/lectures? Have signs down?

Posted Image

I think it's that log.... Bah, you know what I mean.

View PostRC_1138, on 07 January 2013 - 11:59 PM, said:

Hey dr axe, do you really research this crap, or do you just know everything?
Steam: Doctoraxe

TheNet
    TheNet

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 224 posts
  • Minecraft: TheNet

Posted 13 April 2012 - 02:09 AM

NEW: IMPORTANT SERVER INFORMATION

THIS IS THENET AND YOU MAY HAVE BEEN WONDERING WHY YOU CAN'T CONNECT. THE REASON IS THAT WE HAVE A NEW IP! WE NOW HAVE A 24/7 LAG FREE SERVER HOSTED BY SERVERCRAFT! THE NEW IP IS...

sc18.servercraft.co:1216

ALSO WHEN YOU LOG ON YOU WILL NOTICE THAT YOUR INVENTORIES HAVE BEEN CLEARED. THAT'S JUST SOMETHING YOU WILL HAVE TO LIVE WITH. IF IT'S REALLY IMPORTANT GET HELP FROM A STAFF MEMBER. PLEASE DONATE! IT'S THE ONLY WAY WE CAN KEEP THE SERVER UP AND RUNNING!

THANK YOU.

Minecraftian Galaxy Admin

IP: MC.GL

Le11onK
    Le11onK

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 379 posts
  • Minecraft: LeonKersten

Posted 13 April 2012 - 03:26 AM

jelly

nobody is on the server :(

Beebee50
    Beebee50

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 216 posts
  • Minecraft: beebee50

Posted 13 April 2012 - 03:28 AM

What Would You Teach: Probably, redstone, but I've been around minecraft since it's first release almost, so i'm a jack-of-all-trades, anything will do.
Which Difficulties Would You Teach: For redstone anything from starter, to teacher training!
Why Would You Teach This: Because I think people don't use redstone because they don't want to learn it, and I think many more people should use it, it's lots of fun!
Insert A Picture Of Your Qualifications: Like a screenshot?
Insert Letters Of Reccomendation Here: Sorry none of my friends play minecraft. Posted Image

Posted Image