• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Broote
    Broote

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 December 2010 - 05:42 AM

do I need a mod to have a whitelist on my server?  It looks that way.  So what mod can I use with beta, that runs in linux/OSX ?  (That works currently) someone said I needed hMod, but they havent updated yet.  

Anyone know how i can implement a whitelist?

Register or log in to remove.

HonestFlames
  • Minecraft: HonestFlames

Posted 25 December 2010 - 09:02 AM

Instead of a mod, you could use a server wrapper such as McMyAdmin. It provides a number of  features but it includes a very easy to implement whitelist.

It's not a mod, because it doesn't change any of the Minecraft code. This means you don't have a big panic when updates happen (like people do with hMod).

sofalord
    sofalord

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 02:09 AM

any other solutions?

nickkourpias1998

Posted 29 December 2010 - 02:58 AM

I thought that you could set the server to private with-out any changes to the client and then just put in the users names as a "whitelist".

Oh and if you need to set the server to private go to the server.properties file and then set private to true.

Hope this Helps,
Nickkourpias
Posted Image

sofalord
    sofalord

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 03:25 AM

nickkourpias1998 said:

I thought that you could set the server to private with-out any changes to the client and then just put in the users names as a "whitelist".

Oh and if you need to set the server to private go to the server.properties file and then set private to true.

Hope this Helps,
Nickkourpias

there is no option like private

i set  online-mode=false
but a user file was not created..

only ops.txt
we need no ops, we dont use any give commands or something else..

i know from wrappers , that there are users.txt to setup a whitelist (or hey0 with mysql support)
but i dont wanna use them, cause notch updates are regulary ... most of the wrappers go updating after an update (takes lot of time.. but nice work ;) ), so the server had to be offline...  thats not what we want...

any secret option setup thats not documented??

rexo12(my ingame name)
  • Minecraft: rexo12

Posted 03 September 2011 - 09:11 AM

i'm looking for your same Q + A, i don't know how to set it up, BUT... you do not need wrappers or whatever, if you're running a craftbukkit server, there should be a file called whitelist.txt and a server.properties file. Now comes the bit that i don't know how to do, open server.properties with a text editor and change whitelist = false to whitelist = true, open whitelists.txt and, now i'm confused, i don't know whether it's the ip address's of the players that are going to be on your server or they're usernames that you write down, if you find out for me it would be great! then you close them down and run your server and hopefully your whitelist will work

P.S: don't forget to add your own name/ip!
P.P.S: your craftbukkit files should all be in one folder, for this to be easy to do.
Posted Image
Free + Crabs + Ability to trample/suffocate opponents in Cortex Command = Free Bombs.