• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

ethan650
    ethan650

Newly Spawned

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 December 2010 - 08:39 PM

I have been playing Minecraft on one computer and I need to move it to another one without starting over.   Where are the files with all my game information stored? How do I move them?  If I log onto minecraft.net under my username on a different computer, it comes up with five empty worlds, not the one I have been building.

so, are the files for my world stored locally on the computer on which I have been playing (a MacBook)? if not, where are they stored?  what is the simplest way to allow my current world to be accessed from and played on another computer?

the videos about this weren't a lot of help, unfortunately.

thank you.

Register or log in to remove.

colorfusion

Posted 24 December 2010 - 09:22 PM

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\saves
On windows, probably somewhere similar for your mac book.

SilentSwords
  • Minecraft: MultigrainCereal

Posted 24 December 2010 - 11:21 PM

Back up the files on a disk, then re-load the disk onto your new computer? You can find your save files in the roaming file under .minecraft then saves.

Crenox
    Crenox

Enderdragon Slayer

• Members
  • 10018 posts
  • Minecraft: Crenox

Posted 25 December 2010 - 12:28 AM

Wait, can't you just use your flash drive and put it on it then put it on another flash drive.

Posted Image

Bruce500

Posted 25 December 2010 - 12:58 AM

You should be able to just save your games as .minecraft files, then transfer them via email or flash drive.
Posted Image Posted Image

kanjo123

Posted 27 December 2010 - 06:43 AM

Well one way is that once you have located your save you compress/zip the save and upload it to a site, mediafire, mega upload or whatever.

Once done take the link of the download and go to it on the other computer, download it and place it in the saves folder

Hope i helped :Glass:
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Zachster1996
  • Minecraft: Zachster1996

Posted 04 December 2011 - 01:39 AM

View PostBruce500, on 25 December 2010 - 12:58 AM, said:

You should be able to just save your games as .minecraft files, then transfer them via email or flash drive.

You can with my tool. Click Here
Want something great to listen to while playing Minecraft? Listen To WZMT - Your Source For The Best Minecraft Radio
Confused by Superflat codes? Want custom Superflat maps? If so, download Superflat Code Generator.

Ryder0724

Posted 06 December 2011 - 03:44 AM

I'm new to these forums and kinda new to MC but i have a problem. To start i'm running 1.0.0 but i started a game in creative mode and decided to update to a newer version but it changed my creative game into a survival game. Is there a way to change it back???

Zachster1996
  • Minecraft: Zachster1996

Posted 17 December 2011 - 08:21 AM

View PostRyder0724, on 06 December 2011 - 03:44 AM, said:

I'm new to these forums and kinda new to MC but i have a problem. To start i'm running 1.0.0 but i started a game in creative mode and decided to update to a newer version but it changed my creative game into a survival game. Is there a way to change it back???

TooManyItems has an option to change game mode.
Want something great to listen to while playing Minecraft? Listen To WZMT - Your Source For The Best Minecraft Radio
Confused by Superflat codes? Want custom Superflat maps? If so, download Superflat Code Generator.