Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Frontier router port forwarding

server setup frontier internet

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

8bitgamers1

Posted 12 March 2012 - 01:47 AM

I have a Frontier router,the model is a netgear 7550.  I need to setup a Minecraft server and im stuck at the port forwarding part.  Can anyone here help me i would really appreciate it!Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

JohnTheRipper

Posted 13 March 2012 - 08:26 PM

Connect to your router, and forward 25565 to your server computer's internal IP.
i7-3770K @ 4.5GHz, Hyper 212 Evo, 16GB 1600MHz RAM, Z77X-UD5H, GTX 670 OC, 256GB 840 Pro, 2TB + 500GB HDDs, Fractal R4, HX750 (with bonus fan noise), Dell U2713HM.

Please read the rules!
Global | Discussion | MnM | Other Platforms | Servers | Support | SyC | Off Topic
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.” — Albert Einstein
"Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig." — Robert Heinlein

Posted Image

8bitgamers1

Posted 15 March 2012 - 08:44 PM

View Postbattlekid, on 13 March 2012 - 08:26 PM, said:

Connect to your router, and forward 25565 to your server computer's internal IP.
well i know that its just that my rountier make it hard to to i entered the port numbers 25565 and my ip but an error poped up with something about the LAN. the error message says   (LAN Port contains invalid characters)

8bitgamers1

Posted 15 March 2012 - 11:25 PM

View Post8bitgamers1, on 15 March 2012 - 08:44 PM, said:

well i know that its just that my rountier make it hard to to i entered the port numbers 25565 and my ip but an error poped up with something about the LAN. the error message says   (LAN Port contains invalid characters)
ok i fixed that but now my friend cant connect

deboera
    deboera

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 12:51 AM

SAME WTIH ME!

CreeperCatastrophe

Posted 09 May 2012 - 01:16 AM

SAME HERE, i noone can connect to my ported ip. i did 6 days worth of research and found out that frontier is possibly screwing us... apparently, frontier is blocking all port forwarding because "normal people dont port forward"... theyll only let you port forward if you upgrade to business class, which costs more and is slower....

Reminish
    Reminish

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Minecraft: Reminish
  • Xbox:Pluto Beyond

Posted 04 July 2012 - 12:32 AM

Damn, I htefrontier. Same thing with me too. Looks like Im gonna ave to work to get another one. :/

XHawk16
    XHawk16

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Minecraft: skellspet

Posted 17 July 2012 - 07:44 AM

I'm using a 7500, is there a difference? because i also can't figure out how to get to the configuration page.

Moranic
    Moranic

Void Walker

• Members
  • 1813 posts
  • Minecraft: Moranic

Posted 17 July 2012 - 07:47 AM

You can get to the configuration page by entering your routers IP in your favorite internet browser.
Also, to get past this Frontier smart-ass stuff, I think you have to go mod your router (I think you can do it with a Softmod, but Hardmod might be necessary). Try Googling to see if you can get portforwarding working on your router by modding it or something. This is not advisable though.
Posted Image