Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

1.6.4 - ExtrabiomesXL (3.15.7)

1.6.4 ssp smp universal biome biomes terrain generation

• Please log in to reply
13667 replies to this topic

AnonTheMouse

Posted 24 November 2012 - 07:12 PM

Trax, the post you're quoting literally just said that it's not. There are specific instructions on what is needed from an error report for a reason. I'm not trying to be rude, but please just follow the steps given.
Check out my 5 Rules of Game Design!
Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

Morias_Sairom

Posted 24 November 2012 - 07:37 PM

Another small bug I have is that the Thermal Expansion sawmill doesn't accept your logs "again" using ExtraBiomesXL 3.5.0a and Thermal Expansion 2.0.9 for Minecraft 1.4.5.

ScottKillen
  • Minecraft: sdkillen

Posted 24 November 2012 - 07:52 PM

View Post98Trax98, on 24 November 2012 - 10:44 AM, said:

I get this error at startup.

Spoiler:
You need to update Forge to the latest available for your version of Minecraft...at least build #349.

View PostMorias_Sairom, on 24 November 2012 - 07:37 PM, said:

Another small bug I have is that the Thermal Expansion sawmill doesn't accept your logs "again" using ExtraBiomesXL 3.5.0a and Thermal Expansion 2.0.9 for Minecraft 1.4.5.

King_Lemming changed the API. The latest development build (3.5.1) fixes this. Link is in the OP.

Veteran Minecraft Modder / Grumpy Old Man

Posted Image

Glowstrontium
  • Minecraft: Glowstrontium

Posted 24 November 2012 - 08:19 PM

I was just wondering if it is intended that the Red Cobblestone wall uses the red rock texture rather than the cobbletone one?

If this has already been fixed in the 1.4.5 version please ignore this post :))
Posted Image

Morias_Sairom

Posted 24 November 2012 - 08:32 PM

View PostScottKillen, on 24 November 2012 - 07:52 PM, said:

You need to update Forge to the latest available for your version of Minecraft...at least build #349.

King_Lemming changed the API. The latest development build (3.5.1) fixes this. Link is in the OP.

Ah ok thanks, should of just updated first ><.

Always so quick to respond, keep up the good work.

TheGamerFlame90292
  • Minecraft: sladerman909

Posted 25 November 2012 - 02:52 AM

What happened to the RPG biomes pack!?!

harley9699

Posted 25 November 2012 - 03:27 AM

Buildcraft too? Your redwood and fir weren't working with that either. Thanks.

Posted Image

ACGaming56
  • Minecraft: 9_HkN_8

Posted 25 November 2012 - 02:17 PM

In the end, that wasn't the problem. It was a compatibility problem with Sparc's Tweaks.

Posted Image

AngryRhino
  • Minecraft: AngryRhino

Posted 25 November 2012 - 04:59 PM

All of the plants/blocks added from ExtraBiomesXL appear as different textures. As shown below:

Posted Image

Does anyone know why this happening or how to fix it?

Please let me know if you have an idea.
Posted Image

Barfinator

Posted 25 November 2012 - 06:17 PM

I have these mods installed with this one:

X-Ray
TooManyItems
Fly mod

I don't know if it is one of these mods or the ExtraBiomesXL mod.

Annysia
    Annysia

Void Walker

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 1986 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 06:39 PM

View PostBarfinator, on 25 November 2012 - 06:17 PM, said:

I have these mods installed with this one:

X-Ray
TooManyItems
Fly mod

I don't know if it is one of these mods or the ExtraBiomesXL mod.

You aren't saying what the issue is.....You don't know if it's one of them what?  Follow the instructions on the OP and provide the proper error log so that you can receive help if the game is crashing.
Posted Image

ScottKillen

Posted 25 November 2012 - 08:38 PM

View Postharley9699, on 25 November 2012 - 03:27 AM, said:

Buildcraft too? Your redwood and fir weren't working with that either. Thanks.

No one reported a problem.  What is it?

View PostAngryRhino, on 25 November 2012 - 04:59 PM, said:

All of the plants/blocks added from ExtraBiomesXL appear as different textures. As shown below:

Posted Image

Does anyone know why this happening or how to fix it?

Please let me know if you have an idea.

Normally this has to do with Optifine and is not specific to this mod. Not sure of a fix. Maybe upgrading?

Posted Image

raynormc
    raynormc

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 10:17 PM

After upgrading server and client from 1.4.2 to 1.4.5 and upgrading ExtraBiomesXL to latest version (3.5.0b) my world lost all ExtraBiomesXL entities and it's like normal vanilla biomes. I don't have walls in my house, samplings in chests. All red mountains changed to normal stone, all trees from redwood forests disappeared. All leaves in Autumn Foresst disappeared, there are only wooden trunks lefts (beside that it's quite funny view).

New biomes are generated only in new chunks, so I need to teleport to see them. It's possible to import my old world? I tried to copy old files few times with diffrent settings but it didn't help. I tried to run minecraft server only with ExtraBiomesXL mod - the same result.

BTW, there is some problem with MoCreatures mod. I have minecraft crash at day (I left post on MoCreatures thread - http://www.minecraft...0#entry19353611

harley9699

Posted 25 November 2012 - 10:53 PM

View PostScottKillen, on 25 November 2012 - 08:38 PM, said:

No one reported a problem.  What is it?

Normally this has to do with Optifine and is not specific to this mod. Not sure of a fix. Maybe upgrading?
Their planks won't make Redstone (wooden) Engines. Know they won't make IC2 treetaps either.

Posted Image

ScottKillen

Posted 26 November 2012 - 12:47 AM

View Postraynormc, on 25 November 2012 - 10:17 PM, said:

After upgrading server and client from 1.4.2 to 1.4.5 and upgrading ExtraBiomesXL to latest version (3.5.0b) my world lost all ExtraBiomesXL entities and it's like normal vanilla biomes. I don't have walls in my house, samplings in chests. All red mountains changed to normal stone, all trees from redwood forests disappeared. All leaves in Autumn Foresst disappeared, there are only wooden trunks lefts (beside that it's quite funny view).

New biomes are generated only in new chunks, so I need to teleport to see them. It's possible to import my old world? I tried to copy old files few times with diffrent settings but it didn't help. I tried to run minecraft server only with ExtraBiomesXL mod - the same result.

BTW, there is some problem with MoCreatures mod. I have minecraft crash at day (I left post on MoCreatures thread - http://www.minecraft...0#entry19353611

The problem is that you changed all of your blockIDs to different values than they were before the upgrade. Restore the blockIDs to their original values.

View Postharley9699, on 25 November 2012 - 10:53 PM, said:

Their planks won't make Redstone (wooden) Engines. Know they won't make IC2 treetaps either.

Planks are in the ore dictionary and both mods need to use ore dictionary recipes for these items. You should report this to those mods.

Posted Image

jesse250
    jesse250

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 35 posts
  • Minecraft: jesse250

Posted 26 November 2012 - 02:40 AM

how do you install... i put it in the mods folder...

Annysia
    Annysia

Void Walker

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 1986 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 06:06 AM

View Postjesse250, on 26 November 2012 - 02:40 AM, said:

how do you install... i put it in the mods folder...

That's correct.  If it didn't work then you'll need to post an error log following the instructions on the OP.
Posted Image

raynormc
    raynormc

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:56 AM

View PostScottKillen, on 26 November 2012 - 12:47 AM, said:

The problem is that you changed all of your blockIDs to different values than they were before the upgrade. Restore the blockIDs to their original values.

@ScottKillen - but I didn't change anything. Just fresh install with the same mods order as before. Tell me, it's possible to restore old blockIDs automaticly?

MohawkyMagoo

Posted 26 November 2012 - 08:14 AM

Hey Mr. Fiber and Scott - I have a request. Dont know if its possible, or how much work it might be to achieve. I also may have missed something on how extrabiomes works and can be configured, so i may be talking out my ass here. If so point it out gently guys!

Is it possible to have an additional front end options when Minecraft is loaded, before you generate a world, that lets you choose which biomes you want to use for the next world generation?  A kind of tick box for each biome, like in the config file. Thats saved to the game save, not the global config?

My reason for asking is that at the moment i'm using configs to turn biomes on/off - for example we want to test some desert stuff, then only desert biomes are turned on, etc. Which is great until you forget to remove the config before returning to a previous world, which screws the world and generates massive world tears across it.

At the least, shouldnt there be an extrabiomes config per save world? Not just one global config?

I think extrabiomes is great, but this aspect seems cumbersome and prone to errors. or, it could just be me not doing it right?

ScottKillen

Posted 26 November 2012 - 02:31 PM

View Postraynormc, on 26 November 2012 - 07:56 AM, said:

@ScottKillen - but I didn't change anything. Just fresh install with the same mods order as before. Tell me, it's possible to restore old blockIDs automaticly?

No automatic restore. When you reinstalled, you should have also brought your config file from the old config.

Posted Image