Tale of Kingdoms [v1.3.0][UNOFFICIAL UPDATE]

• Please log in to reply
671 replies to this topic

ARavinMadMonkey
  • Minecraft: ARavinMadMonkey

Posted 11 March 2012 - 02:47 PM

POPULAR

View Postarkonick, on 12 August 2012 - 08:53 PM, said:

due to RL medical reasons and my own mod and work I will not be messing with TyberAlex's TOK and doing any more updates.

Maybe someone out there will update it for everyone. It might be some time before every one see's this mod updated do to alot of changes in methods and TOK will need a huge overhaul to get it to work with the new changes that have come from 1.3.1 and the rest of which is to come from 1.4 and so on. Do to copyright from TyberAlex anyone who would attempt to update it will need his permission ... reason being there will need to be more than updating files in tok and more re written files to make it work now. I took a look at the new changes and yes there will need to be a few files rewritten which does not follow under a simple updating code.

If anyone is willing to update it, feel free to message me an updated version and ill update this thread.

Now we all know how impatient people can be when Minecraft gets an update and Mods take a while to update so here I present the Tale of Kingdoms 1.2.4 Unofficial update! As TyberAlyx is unable to update Tale of Kingdoms to 1.2.4 Arkonick took it upon himself to update the mod for the better of the community.

All credit for the original mod goes to TyberAlyx
All credit for the update for this mod goes to Arkonick

As this is an unofficial update there are a few things different compared to the official 1.1 version (Found here)

READ THIS (Updated)

This 1.2.4 version has had not nearly enough testing, so if you find any problems that were not in the original Tale of Kingdoms, please report them.

At the moment TyberAlyx is working on a new version of Tale of Kingdoms, see the original thread for details. As this may be taking a while we are trying to ask him if we can make bug fixes/slight improvements that are needed, for example changing the Architectasking for wood to asking for planks.

Slight bug but you have to kill one hostile mob for it to save your file, if you dont your contract will cancel when you close minecraft.

As neither myself or Arkonick created this mod originally there is no money made from this. The link below is a direct mediafire link. If this link goes down for any reason, please tell me and I will get a mirror up ASAP.

Okay, so if you've read the above please feel free to download the newest unofficial release of Tale of Kingdoms!

Current version of Tale of Kingdoms is v1.3.0 updated for 1.2.5. Click here to download.
This version works just by draging the entire .zip file you download into your .minecraft/mods/ folder

Older updates

Download v1.3.0 for MC 1.2.4
Download v1.3.0 for MC 1.2.3

The original thread by TyberAlyx follows (Click the spoiler)

Spoiler:

Register or log in to remove.

Prismwyvern

Posted 11 March 2012 - 02:48 PM

Nice although I don't understand why the person who updated it didn't make the thread.
Posted Image

ARavinMadMonkey

Posted 11 March 2012 - 02:51 PM

View PostPrismwyvern, on 11 March 2012 - 02:48 PM, said:

Nice although I don't understand why the person who updated it didn't make the thread.

He did not want to risk being banned for distributing someone elses work. I do not believe this is against any rules because it is a well loved mod :)

Prismwyvern

Posted 11 March 2012 - 02:52 PM

View PostARavinMadMonkey, on 11 March 2012 - 02:51 PM, said:

He did not want to risk being banned for distributing someone elses work. I do not believe this is against any rules because it is a well loved mod Posted Image

Only have to have the original owner say so
Posted Image

Peyko
    Peyko

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 232 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 02:55 PM

Keep it up ;)
Peyko, a donator of
Posted Image

ARavinMadMonkey

Posted 11 March 2012 - 02:57 PM

View PostPrismwyvern, on 11 March 2012 - 02:52 PM, said:

Only have to have the original owner say so

To my understanding, I believe the last line in the original thread will cover that

Guys, it is free to add tale of kingdoms to any modpacks. Just give a link back to this thread alright? Posted Image

Axolotl
    Axolotl

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 371 posts
  • Minecraft: Axolotl123

Posted 11 March 2012 - 03:00 PM

If I can download this with no virus.......Diamonds to you! Posted Image
Posted Image

jackie1482
    jackie1482

The Meaning of Life, the Universe, and Everything...

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 03:12 PM

did you only updated it or did you also some bug fixes etc. ?

arkonick
    arkonick

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 160 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 03:16 PM

I assure you there are no viruses in my file. Thanks to ARavinMadMonkey for doing this post for me cause I my self and iffy about other peoples mod's and with out him this might  not have made it to you'll.

I also have a Texture pack if youll want to take a look and try it out here is a link on the fourms to that page
http://www.minecraft...6#entry13360746

If you like it please leave a comment of your likes and dislikes.

Only a update to run with 1.2.3. I'm not the owner of the mod so I will not do any thing other than update. Not to mention I don't have the skill to make a mod like this yet. Trust me you don't want me messing with all that code. I do good enough to update the changed code.

ARavinMadMonkey

Posted 11 March 2012 - 03:17 PM

View Postjackie1482, on 11 March 2012 - 03:12 PM, said:

did you only updated it or did you also some bug fixes etc. ?

It is only an update, no bug fixes

jackie1482
    jackie1482

The Meaning of Life, the Universe, and Everything...

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 03:22 PM

Ok i'll try the mod :D

riddlin76

Posted 11 March 2012 - 03:39 PM

thank you arkonick for updating the mod and thank you too ARavinMadMonkey for talking arkonick into allowing you to post it lol

Celduques

Posted 11 March 2012 - 04:05 PM

works equally well than in MC1.1 :)

poker134
    poker134

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 04:48 PM

i found a bug: mob dont drop money when killed!! but thanks for the update :)

tasogarereiken

Posted 11 March 2012 - 04:56 PM

Without specific permission from Tyber this is a clear violation of copywrite.

PITBULL4578
  • Minecraft: PITBULL4578

Posted 11 March 2012 - 05:15 PM

Do you have permission from the creator of the mod? If you dont please take download the link to download the mod because you are gaining money off of others creations and also  people cant be posting updates of the mod every single time minecraft updates the creator does have a life and will get to it when he/she gets to it.

Bliekord

Posted 11 March 2012 - 05:17 PM

there is no castle and i can't kill the dark monster thingy
Posted Image

ARavinMadMonkey

Posted 11 March 2012 - 05:21 PM

View Posttasogarereiken, on 11 March 2012 - 04:56 PM, said:

Without specific permission from Tyber this is a clear violation of copywrite.

Okay so you can argue with everyone who loves this mod. Tale of Kingdoms was updated to 1.1 from an unofficial update. TyberAlyx is away and doesn't show signs of returning, nothing here is meant in harm, if TybeAlyx contacts me and specifically asks me to take this down (which I doubt will ever happen) I will happily do so. Otherwise I am pretty sure that no one who likes this mod and appreciates arkonicks update will complain.

View PostPITBULL4578, on 11 March 2012 - 05:15 PM, said:

Do you have permission from the creator of the mod? If you dont please take download the link to download the mod because you are gaining money off of others creations and also  people cant be posting updates of the mod every single time minecraft updates the creator does have a life and will get to it when he/she gets to it.

*facepalm*  Did you even read the thread?

As neither myself or Arkonickcreated this mod originally there is no money made from this.
Big red letters. How could you miss it? And if you're going to say that mediafire gives money... No. Just no.

View PostBliekord, on 11 March 2012 - 05:17 PM, said:

there is no castle and i can't kill the dark monster thingy

You must install it directly into the minecraft.jar

READ THE OP PEOPLE!

PITBULL4578
  • Minecraft: PITBULL4578

Posted 11 March 2012 - 05:23 PM

When the 1.1 unoffical update came out it was because there was no sign of

TybeAlyx in a month I do believe that I seen

TybeAlyx make a post saying that he is back and is still there.

ARavinMadMonkey

Posted 11 March 2012 - 05:33 PM

View PostPITBULL4578, on 11 March 2012 - 05:23 PM, said:

When the 1.1 unoffical update came out it was because there was no sign of

TybeAlyx in a month I do believe that I seen

TybeAlyx make a post saying that he is back and is still there.

This will remain up until either a person of authority (Mod/Admin) or TyberAlyx himself tells me to take it down. Until then I will ignore any more comments demanding me to remove it.