• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

slonnea
    slonnea

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 01:40 AM

Well today I felt I was finally ready to fight the end dragon, I got my eyes and set out to find a stronghold. After a little while of searching an eye plunged into the ground. I dug down to find what seemed like half a portal room with a wall cutting off the stairs. My eye was leading me into the wall, so I dug into it about 10 blocks in each forward, went back did 6 to the right, 6 to the left, and dug all the way to the bedrock only to find nothing.
Is it possible I have no end portal?

Some pics:
Front half of room: http://tinypic.com/v...?pic=jb0o6p&s=5

Eye just floating there: http://tinypic.com/v...?pic=vzxzsp&s=5
^^: http://tinypic.com/v...?pic=1ier2b&s=5

Register or log in to remove.

DtPv2
    DtPv2

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 273 posts
  • Minecraft: DtPVVG

Posted 11 March 2012 - 01:53 AM

That is odd. It should be there. The only option I see now is going to look for the other strong hold.

Posted Image

Iceloli9
  • Minecraft: Iceloli9

Posted 11 March 2012 - 03:20 AM

A strange way of it getting cut off but yeah, what DtPv2 said. Or you could hack in the end portal frame yourself, since the only reason it's not there is because the game screwed up.
Posted Image

Mattgeek1997
  • Minecraft: mattgeek314

Posted 11 March 2012 - 03:37 AM

it's a world generation error. Stone generated where your portal was supposed to be. That's bad luck. I always prepare for the end after I've found the portal.

Vechs said:

Vechs thinks that pain is just weakness leaving the body.
Posted Image

Mr_Dyson
    Mr_Dyson

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 03:46 AM

There are three strongholds per world. Since eyes of ender point you to the closest stronghold from you, you should be able to move away from the stronghold until the eyes of ender point you to one of the two other strongholds.
"We will dismantle oppression board by board! We'll saw the foundation of big business in half! Even if it takes half eternity!"

blockblockman

Posted 15 March 2012 - 12:53 AM

We just had this happen as well. Used the eyes to find it and nothing was there. I then took the seed and put it in as creative mode, went to the cord's and the portal was there.

Really weird.

Tytanyal
    Tytanyal

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:21 AM

i know what your talking about :'( i found all 3 forts and my portals were cut in half i only have 5 frames and a strange stone platform cutting the portal in half, im trying to do a lets play and dont want to cheat to get to the end :( any chance there could be a forth if i go far enough? :S

ausador
    ausador

Void Walker

• Members
  • 1550 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 10:13 AM

View PostTytanyal, on 10 April 2013 - 06:21 AM, said:

any chance there could be a forth if i go far enough? :S

Nope, just spawn them in, you don't have a choice if all three of the portals in your world got glitched, it isn't cheating to correct a serious game error like that.

LocalChamp9139
  • Minecraft: LocalChamp9139

Posted 10 April 2013 - 11:25 AM

View Postausador, on 10 April 2013 - 10:13 AM, said:

Nope, just spawn them in, you don't have a choice if all three of the portals in your world got glitched, it isn't cheating to correct a serious game error like that.

Agreed. You were very unlucky and I'm sure your viewer audience will understand.
Posted Image

ArkanSRB
    ArkanSRB

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 11:42 AM

Yeah i hope i will not have same problem because i copy seed and maked new map with same world i play in and i spawn in same spot ..evrything same i just add cheats On...
So i find the stronghold is not so far from mine home lol Posted Image...and ofc i didnt find the portal ..now idk in mine real map where i play (survival mode-no cheats enabled)..i hope i will have portal in stronghold..if not i hope

Mr_Dyson  

is correct in what he says and i will search for another stronghold

Posted Image