• Minecraft: kingkaider

Posted 10 March 2012 - 08:08 PM

Posted Image

THIS MAP SERIES HAS BEEN ABANDONED
DUE TO MY NEWFOUND LACK OF INTEREST
IN MINECRAFT. ALL MAPS ARE AS PROVIDED
AND WILL NOT BE UPDATED. SUPPORT
QUESTIONS WILL NOT BE ANSWERED.

A series of custom maps based in the land of Cybele, these maps are Complete the Monument style, which means that all 16 colours of wool must be placed on the monument in order to complete the map.

Posted Image
Spoiler:

Posted Image

Posted Image
Spoiler:

Posted Image

Spoiler:

Posted Image

Spoiler:

Posted Image

Spoiler:

Posted Image

Spoiler:

Posted Image

Posted Image

And once you've played my maps, go check out the CTM Shop for more!

Feel free to give feedback, make LP's etc., but if you're doing anything to an external source all I ask is that you credit me. Thankyou! (and good luck...)

If you want to help support the Cybele Adventures, put the banner in your sig!

[url=http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1087575-ctmcollection-the-cybele-adventures/][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Og39I.png[/IMG][/url]

Just copy and paste this into your sig <3

Posted Image
Vechs, for making the CTM toolkit and just generally being awesome,
Codewarrior and TkTech for creating and maintaining MCedit,
Jeroxy, Everguard, Jetshrike, and all my other beta testers (and fellow Crusaders Posted Image),
Anyone who makes a let's play,

WittyWhiscash for the banner,
Torien for the awesome thread design
and You for playing these maps!

You can also check out my youtube channel with all sorts of minecraft related stuff here:
http://www.youtube.com/user/Kaiderian
Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

Dilpickel
  • Minecraft: dilpickel

Posted 10 March 2012 - 08:50 PM

i'm trying your map so far it is great good work :D

Quornslice

Posted 10 March 2012 - 08:54 PM

Just downloading your maps now, can't wait to try them. I'll do them in order, would LP them but my computer is rubbish -.-

Posted Image

stuntdude
  • Minecraft: stuntddude

Posted 18 March 2012 - 02:14 PM

I noticed there were a lot of unnecessary files in the save folder. I'd suggest deleting everything but the "data" folder, the "region" folder, and "level.dat," since those are the only files that are actually needed. If you did that, the download would be about twice as fast.

Other than that, is looks great! I'll update this thread with my progress as I play.

View PostOmegaLambda, on 18 January 2012 - 10:40 PM, said:

With science, evidence comes before explanation. With religion, explanation comes before evidence.

kingkaider

Posted 18 March 2012 - 04:29 PM

View Poststuntdude, on 18 March 2012 - 02:14 PM, said:

I noticed there were a lot of unnecessary files in the save folder. I'd suggest deleting everything but the "data" folder, the "region" folder, and "level.dat," since those are the only files that are actually needed. If you did that, the download would be about twice as fast.

Other than that, is looks great! I'll update this thread with my progress as I play.

The Lava Leaps download is a mess, I know, and DepthCharge could be cleaner. I'll edit these in some point soon, but atm I'm working on sorting out a few weird side effects of 1.2 conversion in both maps, so I'll re-do them when they're done.
Posted Image

kingkaider

Posted 18 March 2012 - 07:31 PM

Well then boys and girls, my first SMP based map is out!
Download Triple Terror now!
Posted Image

The download links for the other two maps have also been updated, so they should now have a couple of 1.2 bugs fixed, and be smaller file sizes to download. Enjoy!
Posted Image

Denzien
    Denzien

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 639 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 04:38 PM

I'm gonner try Depth Charge caverns

PS: Does Triple Terror have to be played SMP or can it be played single player if you really want to
Posted Image

kingkaider

Posted 20 March 2012 - 09:29 PM

Triple Terror CAN be played Single player, but you may struggle, and a lot of design elements are based around SMP.

I wouldn't recommend it, but I won't stop you...
Posted Image

Denzien
    Denzien

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 639 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 04:58 PM

Ok so I heard you need feedback on depthcharge caverns, so here is some!

Well I got some wood from the tree (which I'd leave dirt under if I were you) and I like your fake fleecybox^^, I got to the first intersection and here's what I think, I love the first wool area, simply because it leads you into a false sense of security (if it is meant to easy, it really isn't... and I've played a lot of hard CTM maps) the railway area, is in my opinion good, but the trap is stupid, I didn't go on the track I walked but accidently set it off at the end, I had three stone, no pickaxe and two torches, which means I now have no choice but to cheat to get back, so ya know, maybe in a chest but enough blocks to get back, but I'm finding it quite fun so far, shame I have to spawn some blocks to get back...
Posted Image

kingkaider

Posted 22 March 2012 - 06:29 PM

you don't have to spawn blocks to get back... look around. Explore.
Posted Image

Denzien
    Denzien

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 639 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 05:55 PM

View Postkingkaider, on 22 March 2012 - 06:29 PM, said:

you don't have to spawn blocks to get back... look around. Explore.
Well I don't have a pick, I have no torches (well... 2...) so what could I use to get back? I can't use the wool because there isn't enough, and it burns.
Posted Image

kingkaider

Posted 23 March 2012 - 08:02 PM

There is some supplies and an alternate way back anyway...
Posted Image

kingkaider

Posted 26 March 2012 - 05:21 PM

Just to say thanks for all the downloads guys, it's great to know people are liking what I'm making!

<3
Posted Image

kingkaider

Posted 02 April 2012 - 07:48 PM

This post contained pictures of an abandoned project. Nothing to see here, move along...

<3
Posted Image

Denzien
    Denzien

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 639 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 11:10 PM

K, recorded some footage of Lava Leaps, gonner do a few episodes then upload them. (currently done two)
Posted Image

kingkaider

Posted 08 April 2012 - 01:18 PM

View PostDenzien, on 07 April 2012 - 11:10 PM, said:

K, recorded some footage of Lava Leaps, gonner do a few episodes then upload them. (currently done two)

YAY!

On an unrelated note, the lighting bugs have become so irritating that I have paused development of my current project until they have been fixed :(
Posted Image

Denzien
    Denzien

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 639 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 02:20 PM

View Postkingkaider, on 08 April 2012 - 01:18 PM, said:

YAY!

On an unrelated note, the lighting bugs have become so irritating that I have paused development of my current project until they have been fixed Posted Image

I tried to upload the first episode and there's no point, it loads in percentage and it was taking about 30 minutes for 1 percent... it took 1 and half hours to get to three percent, so oh well, I will try record at a lower FPS to lower the file size, but I will have to do it another day, I record at my dads, because the computer at my normal home cant record very well...

But for your lighting problems:
http://www.minecraft...m-skylight-bug/

Posted Image

EDIT:
I would add some better pics of lava leaps, the ones you have dont really show the map in its full glory..
Posted Image

kingkaider

Posted 09 April 2012 - 07:49 PM

View PostDenzien, on 09 April 2012 - 02:20 PM, said:

I tried to upload the first episode and there's no point, it loads in percentage and it was taking about 30 minutes for 1 percent... it took 1 and half hours to get to three percent, so oh well, I will try record at a lower FPS to lower the file size, but I will have to do it another day, I record at my dads, because the computer at my normal home cant record very well..

What file type/size are you trying to upload?
Posted Image

Maranatha

Posted 09 April 2012 - 08:48 PM

y did u copy Vechs?
I Have A CTM Map Series! Go Check It Out!!! :D  http://www.minecraft...eedback-needed/

kingkaider

Posted 09 April 2012 - 08:52 PM

View PostMaranatha, on 09 April 2012 - 08:48 PM, said:

y did u copy Vechs?

*Sigh*

Those who have actually read Vechs' first post will realise that he encourages the making of other CTM maps and in fact even provides a toolkit to do so.

None of my maps directly copy Vechs' areas, and therefore the only thing that I have taken from him is inspiration and the genre.
I doubt you can claim a genre can be copyrighted.

I swear, there's one of these posts on every CTM thread.
Posted Image