Latest News Article

Black Screen on Minecraft right after login

black screen minecraft blank

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

SplatMaster99

Posted 10 March 2012 - 08:21 AM

Hey Everybody!

I'm having some major trouble with Minecraft right now.  I bought Minecraft about a week ago.  I was frustrated when I got the black screen glitch.  I didn't have this glitch before because I haven't used Minecraft on this computer yet.  I have also noticed that the 'Login' and 'Options' buttons are invisible except for the border.  Anyways, I log in and it does a quick update, followed by a black screen.  

I AM RUNNING WINDOWS 7, 64-BIT ON AN HP ENVY14.  

Here's what I've tried:
  • Deleting everything except for my saves in the .minecraft folder in AppData
  • Deleting absolutely everythin in the .minecraft folder in App Data
  • Deleting the .minecraft folder in AppData
  • Reinstalling Minecraft (Deleting everything I can find in my computer with the word 'Minecraft' in it and then installing Minecraft again.) (I have done this several times.)
  • Running just 32-bit Java
  • Running both 32- and 64-bit Javas
  • Running just 64-bit Java
  • Reinstalling 'OpenAL'
  • Turning on Force Update before logging in
I'm annoyed that I can't get Minecraft to work on the newest laptop I have access to.  It works on my dad's Windows Vista (HP) and my Windows Vista (Toshiba), but not on my Windows 7 HP Envy14.  

Things I will NOT do:
  • Reinstall Windows 7
  • Buy a new computer
  • Give up
Somebody, PLEASE help me get this working!  I've spent a lot of time on this already, and it means lots to me.  

SplatMaster99

P.S.
If it means anything, MCSkin3D won't work right either.  The panel that usually displays a 3D model of the skin is  all white.  Which means I can't use MCSkin3D either.

Register or log in to remove.

Strongbadge

Posted 24 March 2012 - 08:54 PM

In the exact same boat as you. Played it on XP just fine, new windows 7 with java 64 doesn't work. And I tried all of those too. Someone please help? And is there any way to send Mojang a support ticket? I really want to play Minecraft again

SplatMaster99

Posted 02 April 2012 - 10:59 PM

My brother is about to get Minecraft, which mens that we can't play together if I can't get my laptop to work, since there's only one computer besides mine.  

SplatMaster99

Mute
    Mute

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1388 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 11:03 PM

Only thing I can guess is your laptop can't run 3d programs. Or your graphics card isn't very good at running minecraft.

Also try posting in this forums
http://www.minecraft...client-support/

SplatMaster99

Posted 06 April 2012 - 11:36 AM

View PostStrongbadge, on 24 March 2012 - 08:54 PM, said:

In the exact same boat as you. Played it on XP just fine, new windows 7 with java 64 doesn't work. And I tried all of those too. Someone please help? And is there any way to send Mojang a support ticket? I really want to play Minecraft again

View PostSlynder, on 02 April 2012 - 11:03 PM, said:

Only thing I can guess is your laptop can't run 3d programs. Or your graphics card isn't very good at running minecraft.

Also try posting in this forums
http://www.minecraft...client-support/

Strongbadge, do you have StarDock MyColors installed?  I found out that I had it and I had to change my user back to the Windows 7 Aero Theme from MyColors.  It works now!  

Slynder, thank you for posting.  

SplatMaster99

HiggingsSP
    HiggingsSP

Diamond Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 707 posts
  • Minecraft: Higgings

Posted 06 April 2012 - 11:52 AM

I never thought this would work but, my old laptop had the same problem. Like you guys I went online to try fix it. I ended up at this website - http://www.extra-ram.com/
I never thought that something can give you ram but, it worked for me.
Please don't reply saying "That's bull!" Because as I've said, it worked for me.
If you think it might have a virus don't download it, but I never got a virus, so.

Posted Image

Mr. Vertigo 27
  • Minecraft: MRVERTIGO27

Posted 14 May 2012 - 04:50 AM

this may not help everybody but i saw there was no video for fixing this type of issue. the video is pointed at simpler issues but who knows..... it could help a stray googler :P

Vertigo servers are dead

SplatMaster99

Posted 18 May 2012 - 10:59 PM

Thanks to everybody for the help!