I'm having some major trouble with Minecraft right now. I bought Minecraft about a week ago. I was frustrated when I got the black screen glitch. I didn't have this glitch before because I haven't used Minecraft on this computer yet. I have also noticed that the 'Login' and 'Options' buttons are invisible except for the border. Anyways, I log in and it does a quick update, followed by a black screen.
I AM RUNNING WINDOWS 7, 64-BIT ON AN HP ENVY14.
Here's what I've tried:
- Deleting everything except for my saves in the .minecraft folder in AppData
- Deleting absolutely everythin in the .minecraft folder in App Data
- Deleting the .minecraft folder in AppData
- Reinstalling Minecraft (Deleting everything I can find in my computer with the word 'Minecraft' in it and then installing Minecraft again.) (I have done this several times.)
- Running just 32-bit Java
- Running both 32- and 64-bit Javas
- Running just 64-bit Java
- Reinstalling 'OpenAL'
- Turning on Force Update before logging in
Things I will NOT do:
- Reinstall Windows 7
- Buy a new computer
- Give up
If it means anything, MCSkin3D won't work right either. The panel that usually displays a 3D model of the skin is all white. Which means I can't use MCSkin3D either.