• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

frognik
    frognik

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 08:37 PM

Sup guys, this is my first post so I thought I'd a nice release one.
I made a tool that manages different versions of minecraft and mods called MC Multi Launcher because I was sick of having to overwrite %\appdata%\.minecraft every time I wanted to play a different mod.

First here's a pic-
Posted Image

Now here's how to set it up and use it properly-
When you download the rar and extract it it'll look like this:
Posted Image

Since we're not allowed to distribute Mojang files you will need to make a copy of your Minecraft.exe and place it in the same folder as MCMultiLauncher.exe.

Like so:
Posted Image

Now open up the Versions folder, whatever new folder you make in the Versions folder will show up in MC Multi Launcher's List Box. Make one called "Minecraft Vanilla 1.2.3" or whatever the latest version is when you read this then run MCMultiLauncher.exe.
Posted Image

After selecting "Minecraft Vanilla 1.2.3" or wheatever you named it hit launch and log in and you'll see minecraft go straight to downloading a new copy and it'll be in that folder you created. After that you can play it.

So whats next?
If you have kept previous mincraft.jar files you can make a copy of the "Minecraft Vanilla 1.2.3" folder (now filled) and rename it "Minecraft Vanilla 1.1" and then go in to that folder(s)
and replace the minecraft.jar in the bin folder with the 1.1 minecraft.jar version.
Posted Image

Hopefully you guys get how it works but if I need to I'll throw up a video tutorial some time in the future.

And here's the link:
http://www.mediafire...p9xk5f2los029x6

Version 2:
Just added the ability to alter the memory that gets used and to choose to maximize minecraft's window.

With "Use Memory Management" off MC Multi Launcher will load just like version 1, "Initial Memory" and "Maximum Memory" values are ignored.
With "Use Memory Management" on MC Multi Launcher will load Minecraft via -
C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\javaw.exe -Xms(InitialMemory)m -Xmx(MaxMemory)m -jar Minecraft.exe
so you will need to have java installed in its default directory, also if you run on a 64 bit machine you must have the 64 bit version of java installed.
(I will use the registry to figure out the proper java paths when I get more time)

Here's a screenshot:
Posted Image

And here's the v2 link:
http://www.mediafire...of84abef1bazu75

Happy Modding!

Register or log in to remove.

frognik
    frognik

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 11:21 AM

I did find some sound problems, tho no one else has reported it to me.
If you do get sound problems just copy the %appdata%\.minecraft into \Versions\[your folder name]\ and then edit or mod.
I guess the newer versions don't have some older version sound files but who knows?

Edit:
Never mind, mc download servers or my net was just being slow to download the sound files on first use.

Qwimpy
    Qwimpy

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 272 posts
  • Minecraft: Qwimpy

Posted 10 March 2012 - 01:03 PM

This seems incredibly useful, I'll probably end up using it very soon, I'll give it a try and get back to you soon.

EDIT - Damn, didn't work for me. Still a great idea, I'll be keeping an eye on this.
Posted Image
Thanks Whebzy!

MigaInW
    MigaInW

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 02:09 PM

This is very useful, Nice Job !!Posted Image

Cutieypig

Posted 10 March 2012 - 02:25 PM

Wow this is AWESOME!
Nice touch with the creeper background.
Spoiler:

frognik
    frognik

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 06:40 PM

View PostQwimpy, on 10 March 2012 - 01:03 PM, said:

This seems incredibly useful, I'll probably end up using it very soon, I'll give it a try and get back to you soon.

EDIT - Damn, didn't work for me. Still a great idea, I'll be keeping an eye on this.

Care to elaborate, I might be able to fix it for you.

IntimidatorXXX
  • Minecraft: IntimidatorXXX

Posted 17 March 2012 - 10:05 AM

I couldn't get it to work I did what you said I extracted the thing and then put a copy of my minecraft.exe into the folder with the versions and launcher next I went into the versions folder and made a new folder and titled it Minecraft Millenaire 1.2.3 and ran the launcher but nothing comes up in the version side of the screen.  I did all of this no inbetween steps either.  What did I do wrong?

I have Windows 7.
If Justin Bieber was about to jump of a building 45% of the teens would scream(most of the girls), 50%(boys) would shout: JUMP!,JUMP!,JUMP! Post this in your sig if you are in the 5% that would run to push him over!

S5546
    S5546

Carpenter

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 08:51 PM

I've been looking for something like this for a while! Awesome!
Ninja'd counter: 2

elitesparten117

Posted 11 April 2012 - 08:37 AM

Source code?

frognik
    frognik

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 01:28 PM

View Postelitesparten117, on 11 April 2012 - 08:37 AM, said:

Source code?
What in particular are you after?
I'd assume it's how it changes the path from the appdata path.
If so it's quite simple:
MCMultiLauncher calls SetEnvironmentVariable with "APPDATA" and sets it to a new path.
This is not a system wide change but local to MCMultiLauncher itself.
MCMultiLauncher then calls CreateProcess using "Minecraft.exe".
The trick here is that the minecraft.exe process automatically inherits all environment variables from the parent process (MCMultiLauncher) and thus receives all the vars including the altered appdata path.
Again this is only local changes to the appdata path and does not affect the system appdata path at all.

Mr_Toffees

Posted 12 April 2012 - 01:01 PM

how would you backdate worlds in MC Multi v2.3

Tormyst
    Tormyst

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 06:31 PM

Why is there a dropbox folder in each version of minecraft just outside the .minecraft folder? Is it important to the way the program works?

MinecraftLibrary
  • Minecraft: MplaysMC

Posted 08 September 2012 - 07:14 PM

View PostTormyst, on 15 June 2012 - 06:31 PM, said:

Why is there a dropbox folder in each version of minecraft just outside the .minecraft folder? Is it important to the way the program works?

I think so you can use it on multiple computers.

Posted Image

pianoboy8
  • Minecraft: pianoboy8

Posted 23 September 2012 - 04:08 PM

i have a really good suggestion for this.
add a log option and the amount of memory allowed, i cant use this because i need to have it at a set memory (normally for the reg client, i get the login crash where i never get to the mojang screen and minecraft crashes). otherwise, excelent launcher!
Posted Image
I am the Lyoko Hero

w00tmast3r
  • Minecraft: w00tmast3r

Posted 26 September 2012 - 01:40 AM

This is cool, but I'd rather use MultiMC.

pianoboy8

Posted 29 September 2012 - 12:04 AM

View Postpianoboy8, on 23 September 2012 - 04:08 PM, said:

add a log option and the amount of memory allowed, i cant use this because i need to have it at a set memory (normally for the reg client, i get the login crash where i never get to the mojang screen and minecraft crashes). otherwise, excelent launcher!
oh, i figured out something. if you use the minecraft updater instead of the regular, then it will be fixed. YAY

also can you make a tutorial for adding mods?
Posted Image
I am the Lyoko Hero

frognik
    frognik

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 07:27 AM

View Postpianoboy8, on 23 September 2012 - 04:08 PM, said:

Added some memory options :)
But may not work if you don't have the same setup as me :(

pianoboy8

Posted 08 October 2013 - 05:02 PM

View Postpianoboy8, on 29 September 2012 - 12:04 AM, said:

oh, i figured out something. if you use the minecraft updater instead of the regular, then it will be fixed. YAY

also can you make a tutorial for adding mods?
I was this noobish a year ago? Wow..
Posted Image
I am the Lyoko Hero