• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

I need a permission node to let people build in spawn!

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

DanielHebbard
  • Minecraft: DanielHebbard

Posted 09 March 2012 - 07:24 PM

Hey!  I really need help.. i need to find a node which will allow certain ranks to build in spawn! as of right now only ops can build in spawn! and me and the server owner dont want Moderators to be ops! so can someone please help me out here? :( i cannot find a node for this! >.< :DSWORD:

Register or log in to remove.

Rogue
    Rogue

Gambrinous

• Forum Admin
  • Curse Premium
  • 8736 posts
  • Minecraft: Rogue
  • Xbox:RogueMurder

Posted 10 March 2012 - 12:12 AM

go to bukkit.yml, and change "spawn-radius=16" to "spawn-radius=0".

If you are using vanilla, then they must be op'd to modify spawn.

Quote my post to make sure I see your reply - MCF Hosting CoordinatorPosted Image

El_Cream
    El_Cream

Void Walker

• Members
  • 1735 posts
  • Minecraft: El_Cream
  • Xbox:404 Error

Posted 10 March 2012 - 01:27 AM

View PostAmberK, on 10 March 2012 - 12:12 AM, said:

go to bukkit.yml, and change "spawn-radius=16" to "spawn-radius=0".

If you are using vanilla, then they must be op'd to modify spawn.

If you'd read the post correctly you'd of realized that wasn't the question.

==================================================

Eh, I'll have a shot at it...
spawn.build=true I think should work..

groups:
	Moderators:
		default: false
		info:
			build: false
			prefix: ''
			suffix: ''
		inheritance:
		permissions:
		- spawn.build=true
		- [insert rest of permissions here]

Posted Image

Rogue
    Rogue

Gambrinous

• Forum Admin
  • Curse Premium
  • 8736 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 01:32 AM

No, and it answers your first step. Only op's can build in spawn because of spawn-radius, which is a vanilla feature. there is no perm node for this.

You will need to define a region, and give people the ability to override its protection, as a second step.

Quote my post to make sure I see your reply - MCF Hosting CoordinatorPosted Image

El_Cream
    El_Cream

Void Walker

• Members
  • 1735 posts
  • Minecraft: El_Cream
  • Xbox:404 Error

Posted 10 March 2012 - 01:40 AM

View PostAmberK, on 10 March 2012 - 01:32 AM, said:

No, and it answers your first step. Only op's can build in spawn because of spawn-radius, which is a vanilla feature. there is no perm node for this.

You will need to define a region, and give people the ability to override its protection, as a second step.

I thought he had his spawn radius fine, but just wanted to give people (moderators) the ability to build in it, because only ops can at the moment.

Posted Image

Rogue
    Rogue

Gambrinous

• Forum Admin
  • Curse Premium
  • 8736 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 01:45 AM

The default spawn radius, defined by the server (and not plugins) is an op-only building zone. The easiest way to fix problems related to this is to do away with it and use region protections.

DanielHebbard
  • Minecraft: DanielHebbard

Posted 10 March 2012 - 12:20 PM

View PostEl_Cream, on 10 March 2012 - 01:27 AM, said:

If you'd read the post correctly you'd of realized that wasn't the question.

==================================================

Eh, I'll have a shot at it...
spawn.build=true I think should work..

groups:
	Moderators:
		default: false
		info:
			build: false
		inheritance:
		permissions:
		- spawn.build=true

I dont think that would work.. see im using PermissionsEX would your way work with that?

Rogue
    Rogue

Gambrinous

• Forum Admin
  • Curse Premium
  • 8736 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 06:03 PM

Yes, it would if you get rid of the default protection and use your own (with a plugin).

Also, your pex should be like this:
groups:
	Moderators:
		permissions:
		- modifyworld.*
		inheritance:

neuroticnick
  • Minecraft: neuroticnick

Posted 20 March 2012 - 11:40 PM

i'm trying to make it so that only certain groups can build/edit blocks in a certain area that is NOT spawn. Is there a permission node for that?
note: i also use pex

SlymanSyman
  • Minecraft: slymansyman

Posted 13 May 2012 - 01:47 PM

World edit lets you make and define regions all over the world.

DannySan626

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:11 AM

What about if you use safezones PLUS worldguard regions to protect areas, lets say i have a safezone, and i have a region called "spawn" i type /region addowner spawn <playername>, now the safezone is protecting it so the new player still cannot build, the safezones are possible due to the factions command. So what node would i give them to be able to build in safezones?

Survivzor

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:32 AM

that question is off the original topic, but ill overlook that and suggest this:

on the factions permissions documentation page (here), it lists a node called factions.bypass. I'm taking a bet that's it.

shame they dont give any actual descriptions of the node uses.

EDIT: just found a quite similar page on their site here that does spell out what the nodes do. That factions.bypass says:
enable admin bypass mode - (whatever that means) but i cant see one that specifically spells out build override. Perhaps that node is correct, but having never used factions i couldn't say that that's all it might do. USE AT OWN RISK.

Good luck!

View Postrch, on 24 March 2011 - 07:04 PM, said:

I use my shoe temporary Minecraft window sponge.

DannySan626

Posted 03 April 2013 - 08:10 AM

View PostSurvivzor, on 01 April 2013 - 08:32 AM, said:

that question is off the original topic, but ill overlook that and suggest this:

on the factions permissions documentation page (here), it lists a node called factions.bypass. I'm taking a bet that's it.

shame they dont give any actual descriptions of the node uses.

EDIT: just found a quite similar page on their site here that does spell out what the nodes do. That factions.bypass says:
enable admin bypass mode - (whatever that means) but i cant see one that specifically spells out build override. Perhaps that node is correct, but having never used factions i couldn't say that that's all it might do. USE AT OWN RISK.

Good luck!

I know exactly what that node does, it will allow them to bypass the faction protections enabling them to build in any faction or safezones and warzones, i dont think i will be using that lol thanks for finding this though =) Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

sury1234
    sury1234

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 06:30 PM

Hey guys i was wondering if you still know how to do it, because I want a "Builder" rank in my server and have found a person to give it to, but he can't build in a safezone and i can't unclaim it for just him to build something, since i have atleast 6 people on my server i am afraid some of them might grief, so to prevent that from happening i would love to get any more feedback on how to let some people to build on a safezone.
Thanks sury1234