Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

People can't join my bukkit server

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

ModdedMiner2011
  • Minecraft: MysticalBlue

Posted 09 March 2012 - 05:09 AM

Hello,I'll just get straight to the problem cause I've been trying to solve it for DAYS now.

People can't connect to my Bukkit server! I tried typing localhost AND my external IP and I couldn't connect,and my friend tried and he couldn't.The console said the server was running fine.(Note,when I try to join,it says "logging in" but never logs in)

Here is my server.properties:
Spoiler:

I also have Permissions and WorldEdit installed.Can someone explain what's going wrong? I am on a Mac,and I have port forwarded already.
Posted Image Does this count as a headshot?

Register or log in to remove.

JudeJohan

Posted 09 March 2012 - 01:09 PM

Having the same issue.. Running on a ubuntu server locally, and trying to join from my windows machine. It just wont log in and I get the error message 'Took too long to log in' and then I'm disconnected.. Need serious help :(

bacon_avenger
  • Minecraft: bacon_avenger

Posted 10 March 2012 - 05:49 AM

Your properties file looks like a bukkit 1.1 server, yes?  My guess is that the players are trying to connect with a 1.2 client.

This is the behaviour I've seen when trying to connect to a 1.1 bukkit server with the 1.2 MC client.

EDIT:  Howdy neighbor.  :D
I ride the bukkit on Linux with a PEX shooter at my side.  Please don't PM me for help, PM's don't help the community at large as it's not publicly viewable.  Use pastie or pastebin for files, I will not download files.  Click the up arrow if I helped. (I also do YT Vids)

ModdedMiner2011
  • Minecraft: MysticalBlue

Posted 10 March 2012 - 11:49 AM

View Postbacon_avenger, on 10 March 2012 - 05:49 AM, said:

Your properties file looks like a bukkit 1.1 server, yes?  My guess is that the players are trying to connect with a 1.2 client.

This is the behaviour I've seen when trying to connect to a 1.1 bukkit server with the 1.2 MC client.

EDIT:  Howdy neighbor.  Posted Image

So,are you saying Bukkit isn't updated?
Posted Image Does this count as a headshot?

MinecraftConnor
  • Minecraft: MinecraftConnor

Posted 10 March 2012 - 12:00 PM

View PostModdedMiner2011, on 10 March 2012 - 11:49 AM, said:

So,are you saying Bukkit isn't updated?
Yeah he is. go download the latest Beta build.
http://cbukk.it/craftbukkit-beta.jar

Posted Image