Send me a private message for any help or concerns.
Note: All texture packs made for 1.5+ will not be backwards-compatible unless specified.
The texture packs list will be updated whenever new major (e.g. 1.4, 1.5) versions of Minecraft are released. Because of this, some packs may appear to be outdated on the list - however, check the texture pack topic, as chances are they have updated in the meantime. New packs will be added as they are submitted.
If your texture pack has been updated to a later version of Minecraft or discontinued entirely, please let us know via private message and we will update your submission accordingly. Texture packs over 3 versions behind the current Minecraft update will be removed.
**1.5 has been released, TP Authors feel free to let me know if your pack has been updated. I will go through and check all packs within a week or two.
Regarding Display Images: Please do not use the following hosts:
These hosts are not designed for large amounts of viewers. Use imgur or a similar site.
This thread happens to be somewhat unstable due to the amount of content on here so please let me know of any bugs or errors that occur and I will do my best to fix them.
Gamex101 and I used to jointly manage the thread; however, he has since retired from the forums and has given me the remaining control of the thread.
The "Texture Pack Central" is under the following license so some rules regarding modification still apply.
Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported
This thread is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License, which states that:
“THE WORK (AS DEFINED BELOW) IS PROVIDED UNDER THE TERMS OF THIS CREATIVE COMMONS PUBLIC LICENSE ("CCPL" OR "LICENSE"). THE WORK IS PROTECTED BY COPYRIGHT AND/OR OTHER APPLICABLE LAW. ANY USE OF THE WORK OTHER THAN AS AUTHORIZED UNDER THIS LICENSE OR COPYRIGHT LAW IS PROHIBITED.”
When submitting a texture pack to this list, please follow these simple rules.
- You must be the original creator of the texture pack, or have explicit permission from the creator, in order to submit it.
- A texture pack may not be submitted if it contains stolen textures, such as remakes of the Painterly pack (use this thread for Painterly Packs).
- X-Ray, "wire-frame," etc. texture packs are immediately disqualified.
- Simple packs are generally not going to be added to the list either, unless they are exceptional or for low-resolution.
- Images must be hosted on Imgur or similar sites.
- W.I.P. packs must be at least 60% finished before being submitted, or should at least have a completed terrain.png.
- If your pack has multiple editions, such as a 16× and 32× version, then your pack will be listed under the lowest resolution available. If you wish, you may specify which resolution you want the pack displayed under instead.
- To submit a pack, use the following template.
- Texture pack name:
- Recommended resolution (if applicable) * :
- Thread link:
- Minecraft Version:
- % Complete:
- Mod Support (None, Basic, Advanced) * :
- Xbox or Pocket Edition download * :
- Display picture (320×320 px logo or preview):
- In-game screenshot:
Install a Texture Pack:
How to patch for an HD texture pack:
How to create a Texture Pack (advanced):
How to upload a picture to the forums:
How to re-size your image to 320×320 px (in Imgur):
Some texture packs may have the following next to the preview image.
Work in Progress / Incomplete: This pack is under development, or has changed files not including terrain.png.
Basic support: Supports features included in MCPatcher and Optifine only.
Advanced Support: Supports mods that have new content, such as IC2, Buildcraft, or EE3.
Popular Pack: The texture pack has many downloads and/or reputation points.
Tiny Textures – Low-resolution (8× and less) texture packs create retro, bright, simple felling
(MCPatcher recommended for 8× and lower)
16×16 Textures – Default resolution of Minecraft, with a wide range of themes from simple to medieval.
32× Textures – The first step in HD texture packs, doubling the size can really increase the detail and potential.
(require HD Patcher Unless specified)
64× Textures – Increasing realistic potential, this resolution is the middle ground between realism and pixel art.
128× Textures – Walking the fine line between bitmap and vector, these textures are very detailed and require above-average computer power.
Ultra HD Textures – Full HD experience and the most detail, each block having 256× or higher dimensions. Require a good gaming rig.
TP Archive - Texture packs more than three Minecraft versions behind the current update.
Edited by Ivy, 19 May 2013 - 03:14 PM.
Added OzoCraft 23×