• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[ADV/PUZ/PARK] The Search For The Holy Cookie (2500+ Downloads!) - Version 1.5 (16th May 2012) - WORKS FOR 1.3.2

cookies omnomnom my first adventure map

• Please log in to reply
135 replies to this topic

Stewen
    Stewen

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 144 posts
  • Minecraft: titowam

Posted 05 March 2012 - 10:49 PM

Posted Image

READ!

I havent shown much effort the last months but I am gonna edit the download links and give it a REAL update for 1.3, introducing tripwire and stuff.. Expect it soon!

Introduction

As a young boy, you have heard stories about warriors and knights fighting to protect their village. Today, you are a 16 year old boy named Christopher in a tiny village. You have always dreamed to be a knight like that, today, that dream will become true. The village has started to run out of food, but there has been rumors going around about a cookie that will summon food that is everlasting. You have decided to go on a quest to get that cookie and save the village!

Rules

- You may ONLY break clay and gravel.
- Do not place any blocks. You may place torches, however.
- Play on atleast normal difficulty.
- Do not use any mods such as Single Player Commands, TooManyItems, Fly Mod etc.
- Do not kill any animals, animals are your friends!
- Do not craft anything unless told to. (which you wont be)
- There are 12 glistening melons in some chests, try to find all of them and post the amount of glistening melons you found after you've played the map. Proof too please!
- You may not take the arrows from dispensers. You may take other stuff, though.
- Signs with an O shows that you can enter that cave. If no sign is there then don't enter it Posted Image (except for the third village - the pyramid - your allowed to enter that)

Pictures

Spoiler:

Videos

Spoiler:

Download

Download Link 1 (support me for making this map!): http://adf.ly/655eB
Download Link 2 (instant download link): http://bit.ly/OHT6JG

Version 1.5

* Moved the required item for entering the temple into the city Digminu instead of Dramuku.

+ Added more food

+ Added a checkpoint to Digminu

+ Added a rollercoaster! Posted Image

+ Added more surprises (both good and bad)

Changelog

Spoiler:

FAQ [warning, spoiler alert!]

Spoiler:

Bugs

Spoiler:

To do

Spoiler:

Creators Corner

This is the first ever adventure map I have done, this took about 20+ hours to make and it's not perfect. I'm still learning xD. I wanna thank... i dont really have anyone to thank. I WANNA THANK MY MOM FOR HELPING ME (forever alone) Ok no. I wanna thank my friends who supported me via Facebook and everything. I also wanna thank the mod makers of Single Player Commands, World Edit and Too Many Items - these nifty tools have helped me alot in making this map! If you find any bugs or anything that you think is wrong, just post it down below and I'll take a look at it Posted Image

And yes, it is me who have posted this map on the Yogiverse. https://yogscast.com...4478#post574478

Banners

Spoiler:

Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

Stewen
    Stewen

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 12:45 PM

I can just say that it's gonna be released later today, hopefully! (why doesnt the text align to the center?)
Posted Image

Stewen
    Stewen

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 02:28 PM

And it's finally released!
Posted Image

Stewen
    Stewen

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 06:03 PM

Wow, already reached 20 downloads, happyface :D
Posted Image

Stewen
    Stewen

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 06:24 PM

Apparently mediafire is having troubles with adf.ly links.. So I need another uploader. Sorry XD
Posted Image

Stewen
    Stewen

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 06:31 PM

Updated with a WORKING link :D
Posted Image

Stewen
    Stewen

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 07:10 PM

Apparently I copied the same link so it wasnt the right one ._.

tell me if it works now.
Posted Image

Stewen
    Stewen

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 07:45 PM

I am literally raging right now. It keeps going to Mediafire but its supposed to go to some file hosting site called FileDropper. BUT NOW IT WORKS!
Posted Image

Katkastle

Posted 07 March 2012 - 08:23 PM

Hi! This is a great map, but I'm confused about one small thing. In the town of Dramaku, am I supposed to take the pumpkin? The challenge is to make a pumpkin farm, and I'm just wondering if there will be pumpkins in other towns. Also, The idea of using cobwebs for smoke above the blacksmith's house is a great one.

EDIT: Nevermind. I found pumpkins.

rxgrimxr
    rxgrimxr

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 08:34 PM

I would be glad to do a video but all i need is a youtube acountPosted Image

i will look at the comments tomorrow 3/8/12Posted Image

creppergronkh

Posted 07 March 2012 - 09:02 PM

View PostStewen, on 05 March 2012 - 10:49 PM, said:

The Search Of The Holy Cookie

Introduction

As a young boy, you have heard stories about warriors and knights fighting to protect their village. Today, you are a 16 year old boy named Christopher in a tiny village. You have always dreamed to be a knight like that, today, that dream will become true. The village has started to run out of food, but there has been rumors going around about a cookie that will summon food that is everlasting. You have decided to go on a quest to get that cookie and save the village!

Rules

- Do not break anything except clay and gravel unless told to. (which you wont be XD)
- Do not place any blocks. You may place torches, however.
- Play on atleast normal difficulty.
- Do not use any mods such as Single Player Commands, TooManyItems, Fly Mod etc.
- Do not kill any animals, animals are your friends!
- Do not craft anything unless told to.

- There are 8 glistening melons in some chests, try to find all of them and post the amount of glistening melons you found after you've played the map.
- You may not take the arrows from dispensers. You may take other stuff, though.

Pictures

Spoiler:

Videos

Spoiler:

Download

http://adf.ly/655eB
Version 1.0: Actual Release

Changelog

Spoiler:

Hall Of Fame

Spoiler:

FAQ [warning, spoiler alert!]

Spoiler:

Creators Corner
This is the first ever adventure map I have done, this took about 15+ hours to make and it's not perfect. I'm still learning xD. I wanna thank... i dont really have anyone to thank. I WANNA THANK MY MOM FOR HELPING ME (forever alone) Ok no. I wanna thank my friends who supported me via Facebook and everything. I also wanna thank the mod makers of Single Player Commands, World Edit and Too Many Items - these nifty tools have helped me alot in making this map! If you find any bugs or anything that you think is wrong, just post it down below and I'll take a look at it Posted Image

Banners

Spoiler:

Yo im gona record it now!My chanel:
http://www.youtube.c...kh?feature=mhee

svizjosh

Posted 07 March 2012 - 09:11 PM

HEY im going to do a vid for you, shud be up tonite later on and btw i reccommend using mediafire for downloads its more respectable and the site you used seems very sketchy XD

Stewen
    Stewen

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 10:13 PM

View PostKatkastle, on 07 March 2012 - 08:23 PM, said:

Hi! This is a great map, but I'm confused about one small thing. In the town of Dramaku, am I supposed to take the pumpkin? The challenge is to make a pumpkin farm, and I'm just wondering if there will be pumpkins in other towns. Also, The idea of using cobwebs for smoke above the blacksmith's house is a great one.

EDIT: Nevermind. I found pumpkins.
There are no challenges other than just to find the cookie O_o

View Postcreppergronkh, on 07 March 2012 - 09:02 PM, said:

Yo im gona record it now!My chanel:
http://www.youtube.c...kh?feature=mhee
Thank you!

View Postsvizjosh, on 07 March 2012 - 09:11 PM, said:

HEY im going to do a vid for you, shud be up tonite later on and btw i reccommend using mediafire for downloads its more respectable and the site you used seems very sketchy XD
I tried using mediafire but it just came up with an error called 369 o_o'. Thanks and give me a link so I can post it here!

View Postrxgrimxr, on 07 March 2012 - 08:34 PM, said:

I would be glad to do a video but all i need is a youtube acountPosted Image

i will look at the comments tomorrow 3/8/12Posted Image

Missed out one lol :P

It's quite simple to create a youtube account, and dont forget to send me a link if your doing those videos ^_^

For everyone that has downloaded this map, Posted Image to you! 50 people!
Posted Image

rxgrimxr
    rxgrimxr

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 10:17 PM

ok

cvetyboy
    cvetyboy

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 10:19 PM

I`m gonna give it a try

rxgrimxr
    rxgrimxr

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 10:28 PM

ok i will record it on a server with my cousin so it will be two people and our channel is the goldenbrothers1

cvetyboy
    cvetyboy

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 10:45 PM

At the begging of the game it says i need a map and i don`t have one and after the seecond city after i founf the pumpkin guy where shouldgo

Whitesmith

Posted 07 March 2012 - 10:52 PM

Hi, I was wondering if it was okay for me to record me playing through this map? I have a small YouTube channel and I though it would be great to play an adventure map.

Heres my channel: http://www.youtube.com/TheDoodleCaker

cvetyboy
    cvetyboy

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 11:02 PM

Never mind, i`m fine now.

Ze_Penguino

Posted 08 March 2012 - 12:52 AM

good map, but you should really put a bed or something before the trials of the temple