152 replies to this topic

Zinic
    Zinic

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 302 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 08:43 PM

Posted Image

I won't be able to check back on this thread for till April of 2014. Good luck and I'll see you then!

Posted Image

Inspired by deazurain's map Bluzzle, this puzzle map follows Bluzzle's general ideas. Stunzle is filled with new puzzles and not any of those overused puzzle concepts. My goal is to provide you with very challenging puzzles to keep you thinking. Average play time is 2-3 hours.

Posted Image

Spoiler:

Posted Image

1. Play on Peaceful
2. The only block you can destroy are black wools.
3. The only blocks you can place down are black wools, gold blocks, and torches.
4. You are not to use the levers found from the hidden chests until the very end. I will tell you when you can use them.
5. Set "particles" to "minimal" in the graphics settings. Reason for this is, there are a lot of redstone in this puzzle map. The redstone give off particles, which in large number, generate lag. It's also recommended to set "render distance" to "normal" or less.  

Posted Image

adf.ly download

or

.rar mediafire download
.zip mediafire download

Version history
Spoiler:

Posted Image

Spoiler:

Posted Image

Since this is a puzzle map, you shouldn't watch these videos until you tried Stunzle for yourself otherwise the videos would contain huge spoilers

Spoiler:

Posted Image

These puzzles are pretty difficult, but all are solvable without gold blocks. The gold blocks act like coupons to help you solve or bypass a level. Five are given to you throughout the map and one is hidden.

There are six hidden chests throughout the map that contain levers to be used ONLY till the very end. These hidden chests are NOT "out of the way" to find. Meaning, you don't have to walk all the way over there just to see if there is a chest or not. You just have to be observant to find them. Some are only accessible after you solve a puzzle within the main puzzle =O.

At times you may think something is unsolvable, that's great. That means you are being challenged. I assure you though, everything has a purpose. All levels are solvable without the use of gold blocks.

I really do think you will like this map so give it a try!

Posted Image

Spoiler:

Posted Image

[url="http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1077957-puzzle-stunzle/"][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/hPcEX.jpg[/IMG][/url]

Posted Image

[url="http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1077957-puzzle-stunzle/"][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/BdcJa.jpg[/IMG][/url]

Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

deazurain
    deazurain

Zombie Killer

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 153 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 10:10 PM

I love the font and the makeup of this topic ^^. I haven't played it yet but it looks promising!

Posted Image

Zinic
    Zinic

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 302 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 01:41 AM

Please give it a try deazurain. You're the one that got me started on this puzzle map ^^

Also, updated to v1.1.

Posted Image

Polie
    Polie

Glowstone Miner

• Members
  • 3634 posts
  • Minecraft: Poli_

Posted 07 March 2012 - 03:25 PM

Looks good! I can't get past the first puzzle btw :( The stair with the chest with black wool with please tell me how!!1

Polie
    Polie

Glowstone Miner

• Members
  • 3634 posts
  • Minecraft: Poli_

Posted 07 March 2012 - 03:46 PM

Got it! Please make a walkthrought?

Zinic
    Zinic

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 302 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 01:24 AM

It's meant to be a difficult puzzle. I won't make a walkthrough, because that defeats the purpose of the map if it's all puzzles. I'm waiting for someone to do a let's play though so I can put it on the OP.

I need some more feedback like you did. Most of my puzzles I didn't leave any "objective" sign, telling the players what to do. I think it's part of the fun for them to figure it out on their own.

Please keep the comments rolling!

Posted Image

Conree
    Conree

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 06:57 AM

Wow this is really tough.  You clearly put a lot of work into this, nice job.

Zinic
    Zinic

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 302 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 06:48 PM

I did thank you. What was your 'score' if you don't mind me asking?

Posted Image

Zinic
    Zinic

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 302 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 01:12 AM

Bump. This is seriously a great puzzle map. I put a lot of time into this. If you like puzzle, I know you will like this one.

Posted Image

Aymo_Kale
  • Minecraft: AymoKale

Posted 10 March 2012 - 03:08 AM

Hey Hey! Just recorded the first part of me playing this map. I got stuck in the buttons part :s Don't fu#@* know how to solve that one, but I am still thinking D:
Going to upload soon :)
You may check it in my review topic:
http://www.minecraft...or-your-maps-d/
Visit my Youtube Channel for some awesome videos of me playing minecraft! :D
AymoKaleLP

Zinic
    Zinic

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 302 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 07:11 AM

Sweet. Thanks for the heads-up. The button level can be a bit tricky. Just remember you have a black wool to use. Know what to do with it and it will make the level pretty easy to do.

I'll keep checking back for that video ^^

Posted Image

TheC4games

Posted 10 March 2012 - 02:43 PM

downloading now, looks brilliant, gonna reocrd it and make a youtube video :)

macwinexpert
  • Minecraft: macwinexpert

Posted 11 March 2012 - 03:31 PM

Great map! Loved the way you took the concept of Bluzzle and built your own puzzles around it!

Only had 1 gold block left though :P

Posted Image

Zinic
    Zinic

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 302 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 07:24 PM

@macwinexpert, Thanks for the good words. 1 gold block left huh? Hmm, were the puzzles too difficult, or do I need to add some more information to each level? I want to know what sections of the map people most have trouble with so I can address those. Can you provide more details here or in a PM?

To everyone else, still waiting to hear from you. Waiting for those video let's plays as well to put on OP. Let's plays are perhaps the best form of feedback I can get as I can see what players have trouble on or if anything was unclear for them.

Posted Image

psychoelectro
  • Minecraft: psychoelectro

Posted 12 March 2012 - 08:20 AM

Dang, no videos yet.
I'm still stuck in the beginning of 1-9. Trying my best, ciao.
Posted Image
Trivia: My display name is my top 2 favorite Pokemon types.

Zinic
    Zinic

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 302 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 06:16 PM

Don't give up! Soon enough someone will make a video of the map.

Posted Image

Moorsey122
  • Minecraft: Moorsey122

Posted 12 March 2012 - 06:29 PM

Looks amazing, Just downloading, but I noticed that your 'apparently direct' download is not direct, put mirror/alternate download or make it a direct download. I also suggest you make a .zip download as well as a .rar file. Ty.
Posted Image

Raynomd
    Raynomd

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 02:01 AM

I just played the first level, and I think, this map is great so far!  The button part in 1-9 was really difficult: it’s where I ended up using my gold block.  I really loved the last puzzle in that room, though!  In fact, the entire room was really challenging, and I felt satisfied whenever I got up a level (and upset when I had to use my gold block D:)

Well, I’ll be sure to give you more feedback as I progress in the map *goes back to playing it right now*
Posted Image

insync3
    insync3

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 147 posts
  • Minecraft: insync3

Posted 13 March 2012 - 07:45 AM

Looks great, downloading now! I'll post my review up on this thread when (if) I finish! :D
If my comment helped you in any way, or you have the urge to click something, click that little green arrow at the bottom of this post. Thanks...

Zinic
    Zinic

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 302 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 10:32 PM

View PostMoorsey122, on 12 March 2012 - 06:29 PM, said:

Looks amazing, Just downloading, but I noticed that your 'apparently direct' download is not direct, put mirror/alternate download or make it a direct download. I also suggest you make a .zip download as well as a .rar file. Ty.
Thank you and done!

View PostRaynomd, on 13 March 2012 - 02:01 AM, said:

I just played the first level, and I think, this map is great so far!  The button part in 1-9 was really difficult: it’s where I ended up using my gold block.  I really loved the last puzzle in that room, though!  In fact, the entire room was really challenging, and I felt satisfied whenever I got up a level (and upset when I had to use my gold block D:)

Well, I’ll be sure to give you more feedback as I progress in the map *goes back to playing it right now*
Thanks for the feedback! If any more are having a hard time with the button part within level 1-9, I will revisit it.

View Postinsync3, on 13 March 2012 - 07:45 AM, said:

Looks great, downloading now! I'll post my review up on this thread when (if) I finish! :D
I look forward to it.

Updated to version 1.2
v1.2
-Made start point easier to understand
-Added a section for multiplayers only
-Added a "warning" sign and deazurain's name to level 10
-Altered level 10 oh so slightly.
-Added a chest minecart somewhere
-Modified the ending a bit

The admin of o-minecraft.ru took my puzzle map and re-uploaded it to his site without my permission. I guess he must have really liked it. It saddens me he would take my work without permission or giving credit, but he didn't alter anything in the game, mainly my name on the signs. I'll allow this one to slide just this once. If you ever want to re-distribute, you must give me credit for the map and maybe link back here.

Posted Image