• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Diamond Finding Texture Pack?

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

Saxguy101

Posted 23 December 2010 - 04:18 AM

I have seen texture packs (such as the dungeon finder texture pack) which only enable you to see certain blocks. Is it possible for someone to make a texture pack that only shows diamond and a few other blocks? That would make finding diamond so much easier.  :iapprove:
Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

Alawolf
    Alawolf

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 115 posts
  • Minecraft: Alawolf

Posted 23 December 2010 - 04:23 AM

I found this:

devianaut
  • Minecraft: devianaut

Posted 23 December 2010 - 04:26 AM

how about taking the 'terrain.png' and making every block clear with a gray outline, except the lava/water and the diamond blocks?

that way, you could literally look straight down on the map, see what you need, go harvest all the diamonds you want, and then switch back the 'terrain.png' with the original one. easy enough! :)

Posted Image

Aninimouse

Posted 23 December 2010 - 04:33 AM

devianaut said:

how about taking the 'terrain.png' and making every block clear with a gray outline, except the lava/water and the diamond blocks?

that way, you could literally look straight down on the map, see what you need, go harvest all the diamonds you want, and then switch back the 'terrain.png' with the original one. easy enough! :Diamond:

The problem with that is you can't actually see through dirt and stone and such and see other blocks, unless they're in an empty space like a cave underground, even if you do make their textures transparent. You'd only see diamonds inside caves, or under lava/water underground.

Or at least, the last time I checked that's how it works. :SSSS:

clockwork321 said:

This is where we end our tour into your personal life! Any questions?

legoless said:

Nickanut said:

The new mob is herobrine! To make him appear, hold your computer's power button for 4 seconds!
IT WORKED! But then he shut down my computer.

Saxguy101

Posted 23 December 2010 - 04:36 AM

I fail completely at this kind of stuff so someone would have to already have made it in order for me to use it xD.
Posted Image

SethKipz

Posted 23 December 2010 - 04:46 AM

Aninimouse said:

devianaut said:

that way, you could literally look straight down on the map, see what you need, go harvest all the diamonds you want, and then switch back the 'terrain.png' with the original one. easy enough! :)

The problem with that is you can't actually see through dirt and stone and such and see other blocks, unless they're in an empty space like a cave underground, even if you do make their textures transparent. You'd only see diamonds inside caves, or under lava/water underground.

Or at least, the last time I checked that's how it works. :P

Yeah.

Just tested this, that is how it works.

Posted Image
It's called the American Dream because you have to be asleep to believe it.
- George Carlin

Saxguy101

Posted 23 December 2010 - 04:46 AM

SethKipz said:

Aninimouse said:

devianaut said:

Or at least, the last time I checked that's how it works. :P

Yeah.

Just tested this, that is how it works.

Posted Image

Can you make that available for download? XD I really do fail at this kind of stuff.
Posted Image

SethKipz

Posted 23 December 2010 - 04:49 AM

Saxguy101 said:

Can you make that available for download? XD I really do fail at this kind of stuff.

Let me clean it up real quick and I'll edit this post with a download.

Edit: Changed the outline to white for easier visibility.

Posted Image

http://www.mediafire...b5hh5wst4wxid7o
It's called the American Dream because you have to be asleep to believe it.
- George Carlin

Saxguy101

Posted 23 December 2010 - 05:00 AM

SethKipz said:

Saxguy101 said:

Let me clean it up real quick and I'll edit this post with a download.

Edit: Changed the outline to white for easier visibility.

Posted Image

http://www.mediafire...b5hh5wst4wxid7o

Thank you so much! I've had really rubbish luck with finding diamond, so you're my hero xD.

Thanks again,

Saxguy101
Posted Image

SkullXGamer

Posted 23 December 2010 - 05:11 AM

Saxguy101 said:

I have seen texture packs (such as the dungeon finder texture pack) which only enable you to see certain blocks. Is it possible for someone to make a texture pack that only shows diamond and a few other blocks? That would make finding diamond so much easier.  :DORE:

That makes the game so much less entertaining.. It's like cheating basically..

RyanThe42nd
  • Minecraft: RyanThe42nd
  • Xbox:RyanThe42nd

Posted 08 January 2011 - 11:32 AM

SkullXGamer said:

Saxguy101 said:

I have seen texture packs (such as the dungeon finder texture pack) which only enable you to see certain blocks. Is it possible for someone to make a texture pack that only shows diamond and a few other blocks? That would make finding diamond so much easier.  :iapprove:

It's his choice though.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Piejamas
    Piejamas

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1081 posts
  • Minecraft: Piejamas

Posted 08 January 2011 - 11:50 AM

RyanThe42nd said:

SkullXGamer said:

Saxguy101 said:

I have seen texture packs (such as the dungeon finder texture pack) which only enable you to see certain blocks. Is it possible for someone to make a texture pack that only shows diamond and a few other blocks? That would make finding diamond so much easier.  :P

It's his choice though.
inb4 flamewar :3

Yeah, I don't see any way to do this properly, outside editing the code. Have you considered just using INVedit?
('w')b

TK
    TK

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 437 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 09:07 PM

devianaut said:

that way, you could literally look straight down on the map, see what you need, go harvest all the diamonds you want, and then switch back the 'terrain.png' with the original one. easy enough! :White:

NO
Why?
The answer summed up in two words:
Back-face Culling

Piejamas said:

RyanThe42nd said:

SkullXGamer said:

quote="Saxguy101"I have seen texture packs (such as the dungeon finder texture pack) which only enable you to see certain blocks. Is it possible for someone to make a texture pack that only shows diamond and a few other blocks? That would make finding diamond so much easier.  :)/quote

It's his choice though.
inb4 flamewar :3

Yeah, I don't see any way to do this properly, outside editing the code. Have you considered just using INVedit?
Editing the code to remove back-face culling means computer go boom.
Basically its like telling your processor to calculate 87264583274523875462359658634587436 digits of pi in half a milisecond, except this time its with the GPU and the CPU at the same time.

devianaut
  • Minecraft: devianaut

Posted 20 January 2011 - 07:23 PM

you know what's better than a diamond finding texture pack?...

...a lapis lazuli finding texture pack! :SSSS:

Posted Image

Lolligator
  • Minecraft: Lolligator

Posted 20 January 2011 - 07:25 PM

How funny, I have seen texture packs with the words 'diamond finding' it its name.

You know, there's a rare, magical thing called a search bar.
Posted Image

Tahotai
    Tahotai

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 07:28 PM

Why not just spawn some with single player commands if you're willing to alter the texture pack to find them.

wienerroast

Posted 27 January 2011 - 02:16 AM

perhaps a mini map like mod but shows blocks on your layer so that if there are diamonds near by it would show it

SkyPiercers!?
  • Location: America, Land of the Free and Home of the Recession (Wisconsin)

Posted 27 January 2011 - 02:18 AM

viewtopic.php?t=15921

Here you go.
My Mod Ideas:

MineScience - viewtopic.php?f=25&t=166560
Dragonator - viewtopic.php?f=25&t=141803
Sand Skiffs - viewtopic.php?f=25&t=233346

Posted Image
Posted Image

Salohcin22

Posted 05 February 2011 - 04:24 AM

yeah, its possible and very easy. the only problem is getting a good paint editor. lol. it shows all the dungeons, but it sadly only shows you the minerals you want that are in caves. plus if you make things too invisible (like I did) you can easily mistake nothing for things for a second, but it will be too late.  :/ I just lost everything falling in lava (which I could see but I mined above it and didnt see the blank space). to see all the diamonds everywhere you are going to have to get a mod that shows them. like the guy on youtube. it seems he made his own personal mod and is not sharing that lets him find diamonds anywhere whether its in a cave or not.

DharrockTheGreat

Posted 27 February 2011 - 11:59 AM

Here, I made it in Photoshop today.
Download: http://www.mediafire...2emujh9qz91iz8f
Posted Image