Diamond golems.

Not what you expect!

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Xrazr28shootrX
  • Minecraft: Xrazr28shootrX
  • Xbox:Xrazr28shootrX

Posted 03 March 2012 - 04:48 PM

I know you are probably thinking "What? This over-priced crap again? No!", but my idea is different. When struck by lightning, an iron golem should turn into a diamond golem. Their AI behaviour is exactly the same as the iron golems. The only difference between these and iron golems are the look (Diamond golems have the blue colour of diamond blocks instead of the grey of iron blocks), the health (Diamond golems have 75 hearts of health, not 50), their attack strength (It causes an extra heart of damage to mobs), and their walkspeed (They move a tiny bit slower). I would appreciate feedback, and suggestions. Thanks!
Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

ownageburst279
  • Minecraft: Ownageburst279

Posted 03 March 2012 - 04:59 PM

Its nice. But surely this would allow easy diamond farming?

Plus its just an aesthetic change really. An extra 25 hearts health and 1 heart more damage. Its just not worth it. It will still 2 shot all mobs. It is still practically invincible and the lightening used to create it would just burn down the village anyways, considering the fact villages usually spawn in deserts its not a helpful feature.

If the diamond golem had a better use. Maybe repairing doors? Its annoying when zombies come and remove all the doors in the village meaning there is no longer a village there and all the villagers just charge for my house to get that destroyed too.

BIG RED THINGS GET ATTENTION!

Snoopy_Bolt
  • Minecraft: Snoopy_Bolt

Posted 03 March 2012 - 05:02 PM

View Postownageburst279, on 03 March 2012 - 04:59 PM, said:

Plus its just an aesthetic change really. An extra 25 hearts health and 1 heart more damage. Its just not worth it. It will still 2 shot all mobs. It is still practically invincible and the lightening used to create it would just burn down the village anyways, considering the fact villages usually spawn in deserts its not a helpful feature.

If the diamond golem had a better use. Maybe repairing doors? Its annoying when zombies come and remove all the doors in the village meaning there is no longer a village there and all the villagers just charge for my house to get that destroyed too.

It would have to get struck by lighting and it has 75 hearts that doesnt sound very easy to me...
Posted Image
Please, help my little dragon get the attention it deserves. :D

Xrazr28shootrX
  • Minecraft: Xrazr28shootrX
  • Xbox:Xrazr28shootrX

Posted 03 March 2012 - 05:03 PM

View Postownageburst279, on 03 March 2012 - 04:59 PM, said:

How would this allow diamond farming? If you consider the very rare chance of lightning hitting an iron golem and turning it into a diamond golem, then ok. I'll also nerf the damage, and I'll add reparing doors to the post.
Posted Image

Lyuka
    Lyuka

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1310 posts
  • Location: Near one huge galaxy and the meeting point of reality and destiny, where multiple parallel universes surf along the fourth dimension with smooth grace and definite and possible futures entwine and move as one.
  • Minecraft: neto452

Posted 03 March 2012 - 05:04 PM

This would make the game really easier
So it's a terrible idea
Owner and Founder of ClockWork Revolution
Posted Image

Phantom_100

Posted 03 March 2012 - 10:06 PM

No, but a charged iron golem that shoots lightning would be cool. And this whole thread isn't too op. Seriously, I have only seen ONE overworld zombie pigman.

Ankle_Lord
  • Minecraft: Ankle_lord

Posted 03 March 2012 - 10:54 PM

You couldn't farm these because when you kill it its replaced with a regular golem.These should be craftable, and be twice as powerful in both fields than iron golems. These would be able to fix and remove blocks, though iron golems should do that too.Diamond is lighter than iron so they'd move faster.
Hey! Hey you! Yeah you with the face!  NARF!!

AnonTheMouse

Posted 03 March 2012 - 11:02 PM

Personally...and I never say things like this...I think the only good suggestion for Diamond Golems would be, "Please, Jeb, don't ever make them!"

That aside, the idea of a supercharged "Lightning Golem" isn't something I would be too terribly opposed to...with certain conditions. First off, and as I said, diamonds are a no. Give it the "lightning armour" overlay instead. Secondly, I think it should go berserk. Or, if not berserk, it should at least become neutral/nonhelpful. Essentially, the lightning would cause it to short out.
Check out my 5 Rules of Game Design!
Posted Image

D_Cooper

Posted 03 March 2012 - 11:14 PM

View PostAnonTheMouse, on 03 March 2012 - 11:02 PM, said:

Personally...and I never say things like this...I think the only good suggestion for Diamond Golems would be, "Please, Jeb, don't ever make them!"

That aside, the idea of a supercharged "Lightning Golem" isn't something I would be too terribly opposed to...with certain conditions. First off, and as I said, diamonds are a no. Give it the "lightning armour" overlay instead. Secondly, I think it should go berserk. Or, if not berserk, it should at least become neutral/nonhelpful. Essentially, the lightning would cause it to short out.

I agree with this and, by extension, disagree with the OP.
Through the darkness of future past, the magician longs to see.
One chants out between two worlds: "Fire - Walk with me."