• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Ocelot60
    Ocelot60

Blaze Extinguisher

• Members
  • 4852 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 12:40 PM

Now, this isn't my first encounter with the dreaded chicken... But it is one of many, foreshadowing their domination of the Minecraft world.

A long time ago, back in one of the earlier updates, I was casually mining, I encountered a few zombies underground in complete darkness. But, they couldn't reach me, I watched them and analysed their movements for awhile. Suddenly, a chicken flew onto my screen, with a loud 'bok bok' causing me to frantically jump away and fall to my eventual death in the pit of zombies.

That was only the first encounter, my second is much worse and has lead me to believe that they're a sign of death. I was adventuring through a cave recently after not playing Minecraft for a few months and I heard the haunting sound of Minecraft ambience ring through my headset, causing minor fear and caution in my mind, making me take every step carefully. Suddenly I see a chicken, fly across my stream along with the iconic 'Tssss' of a Creeper. then, it was all I knew.

Anyone else wanting to share their stories on this dreaded race? Who will join me in the fight to destroy the Chicken Empire! Who will make a stand!

(True stories)

Register or log in to remove.

Genaro
    Genaro

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 363 posts
  • Minecraft: Genaro12345

Posted 03 March 2012 - 12:45 PM

I have a chicken farm.
(insert overused signature here)

Calypo
    Calypo

Blaze Extinguisher

• Members
  • 4043 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 12:48 PM

Ha! There's actually a clan about this.
How did a chicken get underground though?

huleyn
    huleyn

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 184 posts
  • Location: In The end of all things. (Yes its a pun about The end dimension.)
  • Minecraft: Leo

Posted 03 March 2012 - 12:52 PM

View PostCalypo, on 03 March 2012 - 12:48 PM, said:

Ha! There's actually a clan about this.
How did a chicken get underground though?
Unlike other passive mobs, chickens can spawn in low light conditions where other passive mobs (Cows, Sheep) can't.
And because of that, they can spawn undergroudnd
Posted Image
You may not want to click it. I don't care. I'm not forcing you to do it.

smklsmkl11
  • Minecraft: smklsmkl

Posted 03 March 2012 - 12:52 PM

calypo its evil it can go anywhere lol Posted Image

Calypo
    Calypo

Blaze Extinguisher

• Members
  • 4043 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 01:04 PM

Unlike other passive mobs, chickens can spawn in low light conditions where other passive mobs (Cows, Sheep) can't.
And because of that, they can spawn undergroudnd
Really? I've never noticed that. Then again, i don't spend much time in caves.

calypo its evil it can go anywhere lol Posted Image
They're like little chicken voldemorts!

Gdarthvader

Posted 03 March 2012 - 01:40 PM

Its because this reason some players call them spy chickens:they see you,they push you to a creeper.So,they may be evil,sometimes.

TheCheeseKnees

Posted 03 March 2012 - 01:58 PM

I was recently minding my own business in my NPC village while building a farm, which had been specially designed to host chickens, the next day, I ventured out to find the (Not so) flightless birds. I came across the infamous clucking of the wild chicken, and instantly looked around to find the beasts. I discovered a chicken on a cliff, high above where I was standing. I began to dig my way upwards towards towards the top of the mountain, but my shovel broke. I hate wasting my time using my bare fists to dig up slopes because it takes way too much time.

So, I created a pillar of sand beneath my feet and got to the top, as I finally reached the top the chicken had jumped from the sand mountain, I let out a loud sigh and began making a staircase towards the ground with sand, but when I placed the first piece of sand on the sand mountain, the entire structure began to fall, and landed me right into the clutches of the evil beasts that lived in the darkness directly below the cliff edges. As the option to either "Respawn" and "Return to title screen" appeared before my blank eyes, I heard the same dreaded 'Cluck cluck' that had brought me to the cliff in the first place.
Archaeopteryx ftw

Mythril
    Mythril

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1112 posts
  • Minecraft: SD1AN

Posted 03 March 2012 - 02:06 PM

True stories, but we're all just having fun. ;)

I know what you mean... but did you know the brave Pigs are trying to protect us? Many times a pig would jump in front of me as a chicken was leading creepers to me. here's a story of the pigs:

I was once spelunking when I saw water. Since it's so common, I ignored it. Then I heard "oink." I had to go down the water, and I saw a pig and sheep standing at the edge of the water. The end stopped at a surface ravine. I saw it was nice, but it was too dark in the caves to care. I then heard "bok bak" as a chicken flew down. Weirdly enough, directly next to the chicken was a waterfall. The waterfall had a ton of zombies and skeletons in it! This is the only picture I managed to take before a creeper came and a pig saved me.

Posted Image

Btw, the spawn eggs you see are only an illusion...... the fire resistance sparkles are also an illusion....

YOU JUST LOST THE GAME!

Tierny1
    Tierny1

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 154 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 02:06 PM

Chickens are  actually terrifying, just as sneaky as Creepers.

baggerboot
    baggerboot

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 4872 posts
  • Minecraft: baggerboot

Posted 03 March 2012 - 02:16 PM

Trying to relive the old Evil Chickens thread, are you?
~$

DtPv2
    DtPv2

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 273 posts
  • Minecraft: DtPVVG

Posted 03 March 2012 - 03:19 PM

A chicken pooped on my Iron Boots.

Posted Image

ThePossu
    ThePossu

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 219 posts
  • Minecraft: ThePossu

Posted 03 March 2012 - 04:36 PM

Nope, no chicken stories, but once when I was playin MC on my friend I foun random sheep from abandoned mine and it scared teh hell outta meh... Ill let ya know if I will encouter a mad chicken :D

lark774
    lark774

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 517 posts
  • Minecraft: Lark774

Posted 03 March 2012 - 04:41 PM

chickens are definetly evil!

Posted Image