ThePres
    ThePres

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 369 posts
  • Minecraft: pres1017
  • Xbox:PaintingFive3

Posted 03 March 2012 - 12:57 AM

I am very sorry if this is considered spam, as it is a more detailed remake of my last "Green Villagers" post, for I was tired when I typed that one, and it was on my iPad.

Anyhow, if you look in the Minecraft texture files, you will see a green-ish villager texture file. However, this villager does not spawn in villages, and is no way obtainable.

In the following photo(obtained by the Minecraft Wiki), you will see all the kinds of villagers. One of which is green.

Posted Image

My idea is fairly small, but given that, in order to prevent the green villager texture file from going to waste, why not just make the villager spawn egg spawn those green villagers? It seems very logical, and plus, that brown-sh color is very ugly on their robes.
RAAAAAAAAGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEE

Register or log in to remove.

Ankle_Lord
  • Minecraft: Ankle_lord

Posted 03 March 2012 - 12:59 AM

Why not?
Hey! Hey you! Yeah you with the face!  NARF!!

D_Cooper

Posted 03 March 2012 - 01:01 AM

This is hardly more detailed and duplicate threads are a form of spam. But to the topic: If the file is there, it will not go to waste. I do not think Mojang needs your aid there. But those eggs should just spawn random villagers. But if the file was not implemented yet, it likely has some other purpose or will be scrapped.
Through the darkness of future past, the magician longs to see.
One chants out between two worlds: "Fire - Walk with me."

Xannot
    Xannot

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 441 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 01:25 PM

Agreed, they need to spawn from egg.
They never really were on your side...

DarkSporeFan
  • Minecraft: sporefan112

Posted 22 August 2012 - 02:05 PM

i think it should be a sailor :D "ship ahoy"
Posted Image

PokeCanada
    PokeCanada

Zombie Killer

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 201 posts
  • Minecraft: PokeCanada
  • Xbox:PokeCanada

Posted 27 August 2012 - 03:41 PM

Yeah. They need to add the spawn egg for that Villager and make it so you dont have to edit 500 things in MCedit and what ever minecraft schematics program you use... Why doesn't anyone make mods for this villager?

NiceSoldierBoy51

Posted 19 January 2013 - 02:17 AM

I know how!!!! get MCpatcher and make sure random mobs is checked and patch it, then go into the minecraft.jar and rename the villager to farmer2 and save that then you can have some greeen rob villagers!

Coalshower
  • Minecraft: CoalShower

Posted 19 January 2013 - 02:28 AM

View PostNiceSoldierBoy51, on 19 January 2013 - 02:17 AM, said:

I know how!!!! get MCpatcher and make sure random mobs is checked and patch it, then go into the minecraft.jar and rename the villager to farmer2 and save that then you can have some greeen rob villagers!

But that is not vanilla. We want it in vanilla.

By the way, those green villagers are called generic villagers if I am correct

Posted Image

UnitedSquadron

Posted 19 January 2013 - 02:34 AM

It would be interesting, but I would rather have this spawn when you use a spawn egg very rarely.
Posted Image

Charlie2531games

Posted 19 January 2013 - 03:03 AM

View PostD_Cooper, on 03 March 2012 - 01:01 AM, said:

This is hardly more detailed and duplicate threads are a form of spam. But to the topic: If the file is there, it will not go to waste. I do not think Mojang needs your aid there. But those eggs should just spawn random villagers. But if the file was not implemented yet, it likely has some other purpose or will be scrapped.

Not quite. Dinnerbone added a "skis" image file as a joke to get people to think they were adding skis for Christmas.
Intel i7 3770k, 16GB RAM, 60GB SSD, 500GB HDD, Nvidia GeForce GTX 560
Posted Image

Kazo10
    Kazo10

Carpenter

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 03:32 PM

View PostD_Cooper, on 03 March 2012 - 01:01 AM, said:

They don NOT always use the unused textures!!!!

ZeitheusDwarf
  • Minecraft: Zeitheus

Posted 01 December 2013 - 03:56 PM

I Support this was sup post to be an update 2 updates ago and the green villager is sup post to be the normal-common villager.

flaminghawk83

Posted 01 December 2013 - 04:05 PM

The brownish color is realistic for them. But, it'd a good idea, but what would they be? The black vest is a blacksmith, the white vest is a butcher, the purple is a priest, the brown shirt is a farmer, and the white shirt is a librarian. What would green be?

Posted Image

DoubleTake8

Posted 01 December 2013 - 05:02 PM

This is sort of like the Giant and XL Slimes. You can spawn them using commands and third-party software like MCEdit or NBTEdit, but not in regular minecraft.
<object width="468" height="120"><param name="movie" value="http://tankionline.c...></param><param name="flashvars" value="hash=483f99dcc&server=tankionline.com" /><embed src="http://tankionline.c...m/tankiref.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="468" height="120" flashvars="hash=483f99dcc&server=tankionline.com"></embed></object>