36 replies to this topic

effanbob
    effanbob

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Minecraft: effanbob

Posted 03 March 2012 - 12:01 AM

For some reason when I find a village, even when zombies launch a seige on it, absolutely no iron golem appears, so I have to make them myself. It's not very fun, though, and I hope someone can help me resolve this problem.

Thanks!
Posted Image
my mortal enemy on this world is... sheep

Register or log in to remove.

Nathan915

Posted 03 March 2012 - 12:11 AM

Maybe theres not enough villagers? In order for one to spawn there needs to be at least 15 villagers.

Marfagames

Posted 03 March 2012 - 12:16 AM

yeah, at last 15 villager are needed for a chance! to spawn one golem =).
With more it could go faster.

Posted Image

Zaibach
    Zaibach

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 471 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 12:21 AM

Dunno was able to spawn golems fine before the official 1.2 (I tested them out in creatvie just to see what they were like)

After 1.2 went official and now 1.2.3. I havn't been able to spawn any and consequenly was forced to build them for my survival NPC village which should have just about enough villagers to spawn a golem.... tho I havn't seen any village children so I'm not even sure if the NPC spawning is working propperly at all. I countered the fact I had to build them a golem with the fact that I have been able to scrounge a ton of track from the abandoned mine I found.

Also tried to spawn golems in creative 1.2.3 by spamming villager eggs in an existing NPC village with no effect ~.~

So initially it seemed to be overkill spamming golems left and right, now it seems like I couldn't get one to spawn if my (villagers) lives depended on it.

*experimenting with a reduction of doors on the buildings in my town to encourage "cohabitation", after which the removed doors will be reintroduced.
Posted Image

Marfagames

Posted 03 March 2012 - 12:47 AM

View PostZaibach, on 03 March 2012 - 12:21 AM, said:

Dunno was able to spawn golems fine before the official 1.2 (I tested them out in creatvie just to see what they were like)

After 1.2 went official and now 1.2.3. I havn't been able to spawn any and consequenly was forced to build them for my survival NPC village which should have just about enough villagers to spawn a golem.... tho I havn't seen any village children so I'm not even sure if the NPC spawning is working propperly at all. I countered the fact I had to build them a golem with the fact that I have been able to scrounge a ton of track from the abandoned mine I found.

Also tried to spawn golems in creative 1.2.3 by spamming villager eggs in an existing NPC village with no effect ~.~

So initially it seemed to be overkill spamming golems left and right, now it seems like I couldn't get one to spawn if my (villagers) lives depended on it.

*experimenting with a reduction of doors on the buildings in my town to encourage "cohabitation", after which the removed doors will be reintroduced.

That's interesting, I would offer you to help you on this if you post up some screens. Like houses, villager count.

I tested it a lot even now in 1.2.3 and allways get golems spawned and villagers mating without any problems. I can pull it off in creative with eggs or in survival. It's just a matter of what your village and houses looks like for mating, and for golems it's only a matter of time and villager population count. 15 is the bare minimum in a area for a golem. If you have more you can get more. Of course if you build one, that one is counted towards their own golem count too. The system checks only if a golem is there, it doesn't check how it got there.

Posted Image

scrubking

Posted 03 March 2012 - 01:20 AM

this is stupid. How about the villagers are smart enough to build a fence around their town? I got to a village with about 6 people and within the first night they all died. What's the point of finding a village if they aren't going to last more than one night?

when I start a new map I want to find a village and grow from there, but that is not possible becuase they are too stupid and golems are too random.

Marfagames

Posted 03 March 2012 - 01:37 AM

View Postscrubking, on 03 March 2012 - 01:20 AM, said:

this is stupid. How about the villagers are smart enough to build a fence around their town? I got to a village with about 6 people and within the first night they all died. What's the point of finding a village if they aren't going to last more than one night?

when I start a new map I want to find a village and grow from there, but that is not possible becuase they are too stupid and golems are too random.

You want to have villagers without doing anything for them? Why do you need them when you don't to interact with them at all? Maybe defend them, and they would survive long enough to breed more and getting more golems. It's not so hard really, just stay around the town for the first nights, light up the place as good as you can, and the surrounding. This will probably let the village survive around a couple of days without any help! Repair the houses without a door too when you first arive. it's not much you need to do to get a good village out of it =).
Try it maybe with this small hints, and you will get a great village, I am sure of it.

Posted Image

Zaibach
    Zaibach

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 471 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 03:01 AM

View PostMarfagames, on 03 March 2012 - 12:47 AM, said:

That's interesting, I would offer you to help you on this if you post up some screens. Like houses, villager count.

Hmm My village likely isn't the best example, when I found the one I'm working on in survival it was half buried in a hillside. It took me two real world days to dig the thing up and rework the gravel paths into something that resembled a village ~.~

Spoiler:

I had to reverse the doors on a few houses since they were facing into the hill and make a path down to them. Thinking about doubling up on the larger houses and turning them into "condos". Likely going to toss in a few more houses too.

On a positive not after two nights in which I wasn't able to turn around without a creeper (or three) blowing up part of my village.... I gave up and started putting all the doors back. Just as I placed the last door, I noticed two village children running around at mach3. Wondering if it was somehow a glitch with my doors because since I put them back they have been propigating fairly permiscuously Posted Image

I'll got take a head count I'm going to guess that its probably slightly less than 15 now tho, they hide rather well from zombies at night. However their AI could use some work since they seem perfectly OK letting the zombies in at first light.

Edit: as it stands about 17-20ish so probably less than that before I tried replacing a majority of the doors. Still unsure about the creative world tho maybe something is just stuck there too.
Posted Image

GorgeousTaylor

Posted 03 March 2012 - 03:14 AM

Zaibach, what texture pack is that? It makes swamps look almost respectable.

Zaibach
    Zaibach

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 471 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 03:33 AM

Its Sphax PureBRCraft, my signiture links to the forum topic Posted Image

The smooth stone and flowing water are a little off in those screenshots but its because I havn't bothered checking to see if there is a new MCPatcher out. Its arguably one of, if not my favorite texture pack ^^
Posted Image

Marfagames

Posted 03 March 2012 - 03:52 AM

View PostZaibach, on 03 March 2012 - 03:01 AM, said:

Hmm My village likely isn't the best example, when I found the one I'm working on in survival it was half buried in a hillside. It took me two real world days to dig the thing up and rework the gravel paths into something that resembled a village ~.~

Spoiler:

I had to reverse the doors on a few houses since they were facing into the hill and make a path down to them. Thinking about doubling up on the larger houses and turning them into "condos". Likely going to toss in a few more houses too.

On a positive not after two nights in which I wasn't able to turn around without a creeper (or three) blowing up part of my village.... I gave up and started putting all the doors back. Just as I placed the last door, I noticed two village children running around at mach3. Wondering if it was somehow a glitch with my doors because since I put them back they have been propigating fairly permiscuously Posted Image

I'll got take a head count I'm going to guess that its probably slightly less than 15 now tho, they hide rather well from zombies at night. However their AI could use some work since they seem perfectly OK letting the zombies in at first light.

Edit: as it stands about 17-20ish so probably less than that before I tried replacing a majority of the doors. Still unsure about the creative world tho maybe something is just stuck there too.

Oh it looks like a fine village =). And it seems they can hold their ground there.
Would suggest you to maybe bring in some more houses. There are some ways to do it.
You can just do "houses" or you can maybe add a second door to a big house. Or making a attic with entrance (the standart house has space on the roof for a attic. Maybe some cellar too for their houses, they could be connected from the house with ladders.
Maybe build up  a own house four houself near the village, so they can benefit from your house doors as well, of course secluding yourself with walls and fences and trees , river and so on. You should be able to get easily there 1-2 golems after a time.

And yeah, the cleanup of the standart villages are a huge pain =). I needed a lot of days to clean up Tristram too.

Posted Image

GorgeousTaylor

Posted 03 March 2012 - 04:05 AM

I was able to spawn an iron golem before nightfall, at a little less than thirty villagers.

Niclorin
    Niclorin

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 04:41 AM

i have had a simmaler problem. i found a seed that spawns you near a village with about ten villagers in it, but dispite my makeing of multiple new houses, (three huts and one house) there has bean no improvement.
Posted Image[/CENTER]

Marfagames

Posted 03 March 2012 - 12:50 PM

View PostGorgeousTaylor, on 03 March 2012 - 04:05 AM, said:

I was able to spawn an iron golem before nightfall, at a little less than thirty villagers.
Its because the system checks a area. I guess because a lot of stuff is checked in a 40 tiles range, that its either 40 or 80 tiles. So the golem condition probably was only then fullfilled. But you can stlll get a second golem, if the golem condition is fullfilled again outside of the first golem. And if you pull the condition of again further away you can get even more golems with just 30 villager. At last you have villager ;) Most people can't get them over 15 ehehehe.

View PostNiclorin, on 03 March 2012 - 04:41 AM, said:

i have had a simmaler problem. i found a seed that spawns you near a village with about ten villagers in it, but dispite my makeing of multiple new houses, (three huts and one house) there has bean no improvement.
The think is, a standart village starts with more! Villager then houses. So it's harder to raise the count from this. 4 houses arn't really making there a difference then. Most importand probably is that you repair their houses (place doors). Make some houses with multiple entrances (2 ways to go into a house) maybe some other buildings, or attics, or cellars. It should be rather fast then that the villager breed new one.

Posted Image

Aflyles99
  • Minecraft: aflyles

Posted 03 March 2012 - 01:30 PM

The villagers won't make babies so the iron golems won't spawn.
And yes i tried to add more houses.
Also does the iron farming still work?
[Insert witty sentence here]

Marfagames

Posted 03 March 2012 - 01:35 PM

View PostAflyles99, on 03 March 2012 - 01:30 PM, said:

The villagers won't make babies so the iron golems won't spawn.
And yes i tried to add more houses.
Also does the iron farming still work?
Try out the hints here
http://www.minecraft...wander-off-aso/

And I guess Iron farming works just fine, if your villager count is high enough ;) I never did a golem grinder, but my golem spawn is ... rather high xD.

Posted Image

effanbob
    effanbob

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Minecraft: effanbob

Posted 03 March 2012 - 08:58 PM

View PostMarfagames, on 03 March 2012 - 12:16 AM, said:

yeah, at last 15 villager are needed for a chance! to spawn one golem =).
With more it could go faster.
yeah I know that you need 15 villagers, but I think after the 1.2.3 update the children didn't spawn
Posted Image
my mortal enemy on this world is... sheep

Dannysauce
  • Minecraft: Garaffe45

Posted 03 March 2012 - 09:02 PM

View Postscrubking, on 03 March 2012 - 01:20 AM, said:

You sound like a 6 year old girl.

Marfagames

Posted 03 March 2012 - 09:11 PM

View Posteffanbob, on 03 March 2012 - 08:58 PM, said:

yeah I know that you need 15 villagers, but I think after the 1.2.3 update the children didn't spawn
You can think what you like =), but it's fakt that they do spawn children if the conditions are right Posted Image, and I play on 1.2.3 too.

You can check here for informations if you still can't get them to spawn children.
It's a thread to help you and others to increase the population of your villages.
http://minecraftforu...wander-off-aso/

Posted Image

GorgeousTaylor

Posted 03 March 2012 - 09:16 PM

View PostMarfagames, on 03 March 2012 - 12:50 PM, said:

Its because the system checks a area. I guess because a lot of stuff is checked in a 40 tiles range, that its either 40 or 80 tiles. So the golem condition probably was only then fullfilled. But you can stlll get a second golem, if the golem condition is fullfilled again outside of the first golem. And if you pull the condition of again further away you can get even more golems with just 30 villager. At last you have villager Posted Image Most people can't get them over 15 ehehehe.

I wasn't complaining, more proving that iron golems can spawn in time, if you have enough villagers.
I got a second golem, BTW.