• Please log in to reply
4008 replies to this topic

Sped_kid
    Sped_kid

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:54 PM

Is is possible to have the cave dimension in SMP?

Register or log in to remove.

Keybounce

Posted 06 January 2013 - 11:00 PM

View PostLink2262, on 03 January 2013 - 05:56 AM, said:

I decided to take some screenshots of the Cave Dimension.
Posted Image

Posted Image
The terrain is much the same as a default overworld, except there's no sunlight, and there are caves throughout the landscape.

Actually, that looks like the nether, with normal ground blocks (stone/dirt/grass/sand/ores), and the nether-style Y=32 sea level.

What did you use to see the world on "bright"?
I'm assuming that the "normal" lightings you showed are visible on your monitor. Your normal images don't have any color space tag on them that I saw, and on a 2.2 monitor are horribly dark and not visible -- so seeing bright versions is a nice touch.
My channel with Mystcraft, and general Minecraft Let's Plays: http://www.youtube.com/user/Keybounce
** NEW: FtB "Magic Farm", performance testing and java flags.
My main world: http://www.minecraft...ts-play-series/
"Wait, an update?! Geez, I didn't know we skipped Easter and went straight to Christmas."

XAcidMystX
  • Minecraft: XAcidMystX

Posted 06 January 2013 - 11:02 PM

I noticed one thing about the cave dimension for BWG3, correct me if it's fixed, but drinking a night vision potion turns everything to BLACK, you cant see a thing unless you're in water or lava. Other than that GREAT MOD!!! I never used to use mods because I was fine with vanilla, but I needed to see the terrain back to when it was actually good and random Posted Image Thanks, you're the man!

I would also like to suggest something for BWG4, I saw that you can turn biomes on and off when you make the world, but you should allow  for the ability to turn ON an alpha like region/biome, a beta like region/biome, and maybe the ability to travel to the Sky dimension and cave dimension. That way you can have a perfect all in one world for those that want like one permanent world like one who makes LP videos Posted Image Maybe the ability to choose your dimension when you enter a nether portal, Normal, Nether, Skylands, or Cavelands or whatever floats your boat. Or maybe add more portals using different blocks like glowstone and such for those dimensions. This would complete this mod for me.

One more thing, the snow on the mountains seems a bit overwhelming for me in the gold generation based on the pictures I've seen, but no big deal I got my trusty Posted Image.

Also one more time in case you didn't know:

Posted ImageBEST MOD EVER!!!!!Posted Image
Posted Image

Keybounce

Posted 06 January 2013 - 11:03 PM

View PostSped_kid, on 06 January 2013 - 08:54 PM, said:

You can get something similar to the cave dimension in SMP with a Mystcraft cave world.
That can give you the nether style layout, but it won't give you any sort of intelligent biome layout.
My channel with Mystcraft, and general Minecraft Let's Plays: http://www.youtube.com/user/Keybounce
** NEW: FtB "Magic Farm", performance testing and java flags.
My main world: http://www.minecraft...ts-play-series/
"Wait, an update?! Geez, I didn't know we skipped Easter and went straight to Christmas."

Impatientjedi
  • Minecraft: impatientjedi

Posted 07 January 2013 - 01:10 AM

View PostSped_kid, on 06 January 2013 - 08:54 PM, said:

You could use the server version of this mod which I have used before and is very easy to install and use,  best part is your friends don't need the mod to play.

Will indev in BWG4 have limited maps?

XAcidMystX

Posted 07 January 2013 - 02:28 AM

View PostImpatientjedi, on 07 January 2013 - 01:10 AM, said:

You could use the server version of this mod which I have used before and is very easy to install and use,  best part is your friends don't need the mod to play.

Will indev in BWG4 have limited maps?

I have the latest version of BWG4, and it doesn't seem to be limited, although I never played minecraft when it was Indev, so I'm not sure where the end stopped but I traveled a bit over a thousand blocks ;)

The old version coloring doesn't seem to be working with this version so I would like to see that fixed.
Posted Image

XAcidMystX

Posted 07 January 2013 - 07:22 PM

I played on a alpha world for a while and it occurred to me that I was unable to get birch saplings, vines, jungle saplings, etc. I think it would be a GREAT addition if you add a starting chest containing every renewable resource you can't get in the world for alpha and beta and such. The only problem is a way to get stuff that is not renewable such as lilipads Posted Image But I'm sure you'll figure it out because you're awesome Posted Image.
Posted Image

maxime12
  • Minecraft: majye12
  • Xbox:maberline101

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:03 PM

is it possible to change the config file so the extrabiomexl's biomes work in?
i get this message whenever i do add the mod with extrabiomexl
  java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Biome id 32 is already in use by SeasonalForest when adding alpine. Please review the configuration file.

RoboMat
    RoboMat

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 499 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:05 PM

View PostXAcidMystX, on 07 January 2013 - 07:22 PM, said:

I played on a alpha world for a while and it occurred to me that I was unable to get birch saplings, vines, jungle saplings, etc. I think it would be a GREAT addition if you add a starting chest containing every renewable resource you can't get in the world for alpha and beta and such. The only problem is a way to get stuff that is not renewable such as lilipads Posted Image But I'm sure you'll figure it out because you're awesome Posted Image.

Check this out - it is a small mod that allows you to craft that kind of stuff ;)
My personal survial world.
Posted Image

XAcidMystX

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:14 PM

View PostRoboMat, on 07 January 2013 - 09:05 PM, said:

Check this out - it is a small mod that allows you to craft that kind of stuff Posted Image

OH THANKS A MILLION MAN!! That will be very helpful, I saw that you were advertising this mod on your signature thing, but I didn't realize that you could make plants and such, but thanks alot ;)
Posted Image

XAcidMystX

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:42 AM

The cave dimension seems to be badly broken in the latest development of BWG4 :( Or at least I hope it's broken, otherwise it's a drag.
Posted Image

XAcidMystX

Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:26 AM

I was playing around again and I've found some pretty EPIC seeds for the survival island paradise setting for BWG4

Click if you dare:

Spoiler:

Posted Image

rrusciguy
    rrusciguy

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 911 posts
  • Minecraft: rrusciguy

Posted 08 January 2013 - 06:51 AM

View Postmaxime12, on 07 January 2013 - 09:03 PM, said:

is it possible to change the config file so the extrabiomexl's biomes work in?
i get this message whenever i do add the mod with extrabiomexl
  java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Biome id 32 is already in use by SeasonalForest when adding alpine. Please review the configuration file.

I was working on that, finally got it to work when i changed the EBXL biome ids to 220+
"my build. I push the buttons" -DW
He's a mad man with a box
Posted Image

Cheewii
    Cheewii

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 07:38 AM

View Postted80, on 02 March 2012 - 09:59 PM, said:

post your suggestions/ideas here!: http://www.minecraft...-ideas-bwg3-mod

Posted Image

Features:
- 6 new worldtypes
- new biomes
- new npc villages
- sand and gravel beaches
- old clay generation
- new biome colors
- beta and alpha terrain generation
- farlands
- more variety
- more mountains

Videos:
Spoiler:

Worldtypes (screenshots):
Spoiler:

Seeds list:
Spoiler:

How To Install:

Client:
1. Browse to your .minecraft/bin folder.
2. Open minecraft.jar with 7zip or WinRAR.
3. Optional: Install Modloader.
4. Drag and drop the better world generation 3 files into the jar.
5. Delete the META-INF folder.
6. Backup your worlds!

Forge:
1. Browse to your .minecraft/bin or server folder.
2. Open minecraft.jar or minecraft_server.jar with WinRAR.
3. Install Forge 6.3.0
5. Client only: Delete the META-INF folder.
6. Backup your worlds.

Server:
1. Browse to your server folder.
2. Open minecraft_server.jar with 7zip or WinRAR.
3. Optional: Install ModloaderMP.
5. Change the level-type in your server.properties file to Default, Flat, Large Biomes, Beta, Alpha, Survival Island, Survival Skyland or Sky Dimension
6. Backup your worlds!

please read the FAQ before asking any questions Posted Image

Downloads:

Downloads for minecraft 1.4.7:
Downloads can be found here!

Downloads for minecraft 1.4.6:
client: http://dl.dropbox.co...117_SP.zip?dl=1
server: http://dl.dropbox.co...117_MP.zip?dl=1
forge(6.5.0.471): http://dl.dropbox.co...GE_117.zip?dl=1

patches:

BigTrees Patch: BigTrees by Karob

FAQ:
Spoiler:

Old Downloads:
Spoiler:

ChangeLog:
Spoiler:

Could you possibly add a new feature that adds a world type to only generate one biome throughout the whole world? :D That'd be awesome.
Posted Image

Tigady
    Tigady

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 34 posts
  • Minecraft: tigady

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:37 PM

Is there any way to make the survival skyland bigger?
FACILIS DESCENSUS AVERNI

Link2262
    Link2262

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • Minecraft: Link2262

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:39 PM

View PostKeybounce, on 06 January 2013 - 11:00 PM, said:

Actually, that looks like the nether, with normal ground blocks (stone/dirt/grass/sand/ores), and the nether-style Y=32 sea level.

What did you use to see the world on "bright"?
I'm assuming that the "normal" lightings you showed are visible on your monitor. Your normal images don't have any color space tag on them that I saw, and on a 2.2 monitor are horribly dark and not visible -- so seeing bright versions is a nice touch.
Right, it's like the Nether. I just meant what spawned (trees, grass, stone, and the like) was like the overworld.

To see the world on "bright", I used SingleplayerCommands.

XAcidMystX

Posted 09 January 2013 - 01:00 AM

I noticed that there are no abandoned mineshafts in the alpha generator and would love to see maybe some naturally generating pumpkin and melon blocks so I can play alpha with those available in survival if it's not too much trouble Posted Image I also noticed there are strongholds and nether fortresses so hats off to you for that Posted Image Is it possible for you to make this compatible with Forge (it's not BTW) as well? because I would like to be able to get Mo Creatures and such as well ;)
Posted Image

XAcidMystX

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:14 AM

I noticed you added creeper spawners... at least in the alpha gen ;) Very nice addition, and I liked the better dungeon loot as well. But I think it would be AWESOME if you modify dungeons and/or add more dungeons and/or add more dungeon types to be larger and more complex and epic and stuff ;) Dungeons are my favorite generating structures ;D
Posted Image

Sockmonkey

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:00 AM

Nice mod! Really nice to have the Skylands back.

I'd just like to request that you split your improved default into a different world type, maybe "Improved Default"?
That way people can use the unmodified Default generator for their worlds made before they installed this mod without any hiccups or if they want to play in a non-improved world.

Also, I definitely would like to see Cave Dimension available in multiplayer!
Tried to generate one using MLG but it didn't work the first time and error'd on me. Figured I was spawned in weirdly due so I made one in Singleplayer, copied it over to generate it out a bit and was sad to see that 'Cave Dimension' world type doesn't work in the Server version of BWG3 at least. That or I must have derped when checking over the settings.

Keep up the good work!

Sockmonkey

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:16 AM

Never mind! I got the Cave Dimension to work properly on Multiplayer. It seems that my MLG just glitched out the first couple times I generated it but after deleting MLG and using a fresh copy it managed to generate out a Cave World for me just fine.

The trick to it is making the world first in Single player so that you spawn inside the cave properly. Then you move the file over to MLG to generate however much of it you want. Finally you then move it to your proper server area (in this case a bukkit server). If you hit an error and crash Minecraft when trying to log back in, just move the world back to Singleplayer and go to a more open space. Also make sure to delete Essentials information about where you are.