Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Official 1.2 bug reporting thread

anyone?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
806 replies to this topic

DanielleStarr

Posted 01 March 2012 - 03:06 PM

Please post any bugs that you find in the Weekly Snapshots and the official Update in this thread. This will make it easy to find and check through any bugs that people find.
Any threads about bugs will be deleted.

Please report bugs using the following format:

Bug name: (a very quick summary of what the bug is)
Version: (please include the version or snapshot name which the bug appears in)
Details: (A fairly in-depth description of what the bug is)
System: (Optional, some bugs may only affect certain users, please give some system details for this)
Image: (Optional, if you can post a picture to clarify or prove bugs, that would be appreciated)

Alternatively, use the official wiki to check for and report bugs: http://www.minecraft...wiki/Known_bugs

If there are any problems that you need help with, please use the support section for this. Please don't message me (or any other member of forum staff) about the bugs, we don't work for Mojang, and there is nothing that we can do about them.

Register or log in to remove.

zionofthewasteland
  • Minecraft: zionsphere

Posted 01 March 2012 - 03:56 PM

Diagonal flashing light in survival mode single player
I have never had this before. I weird box light appears in the top left hand corner of my screen on single player survival (not tried it on smp yet since the update but have tried it on creative mode and it isn't effected)
Then the java binary platform will suddenly crashed, been playing since beta 1.3 on the same computer and never had these weird light that shoots diagonally from the upper left to my hunger bar before.

I have a 4 gig intel core, nvdia geforce samsung HD laptop. That has no problems with games and cannot figure why this is suddenly happening with this update as I play everyday and last night it was fine.

Tested it on my server and no flashing lights just on survival mode. Weird, though it acts funny in fully generated jungles. No slowness etc but glitches with the jungles.

Edited by zionofthewasteland, 01 March 2012 - 04:34 PM.

Posted Image

OniBaloni
  • Minecraft: OniBaloni
  • Xbox:Oni Baloni

Posted 01 March 2012 - 04:04 PM

Lighting problem
Many shallow holes or corners that are not lit when should be.
I asumed these spots can spawn monsters from when I entered a lit village building, a zombie was stood in a corner where a dark spot was, the building was already lit so the zombie couldn't of spawned in there naturaly.
Posted Image

Monsters in Day time
Monsters don't seem to be dying in the Day (some do, alot don't)
Posted Image

Shadow Lines/Outlines
Sadow like lines apear across the ground and outlined around edges of blocks
Posted Image

No Golems
Not found 1 golem in any villages (6 villages searched)

System:
Processor: Intel Core i7
RAM: 6gb
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GT220

feud999
    feud999

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 04:06 PM

There is a major lighting problem.
Chests keep going black, your hands keep going black, signs keep going black, and random blocks, like above, just go black.
Oh look, my Channel

Nnelg9111
  • Minecraft: Nnelg9111

Posted 01 March 2012 - 04:09 PM

If you use double doors then one is placed wrong and you need to punch that out and place it back

Cathain
    Cathain

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 04:10 PM

Out of Memory

Just upgraded to 1.2.2, keep getting the "Minecraft has run out of memory" message.  I am playing the downloaded version, not the version in web browser.  First, blocks that are being harvested appear to still be there, then it freezes and quits.  The game seed that it always happens almost right away on is "Ruviane" although this has happened in two other games with random seeds.

Full error message:
Minecraft has run out of memory
This could be caused by a bug in the game or by the Java Virtual Machine not being allocated enough memory.  If you are playing in a web browser, try downloading the game and playing it offline.

To prevent level corruption, the current game has quit.

Please restart the game.

System:

BIOS: Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG
  Processor: AMD Athlon™ X4 620 Processor (4 CPUs), ~2.6GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 8190MB RAM
  Page File: 1731MB used, 14647MB available
Display Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GTX+
   Manufacturer: NVIDIA
  Chip type: GeForce 9800 GTX+
Windows 7 operating system

wallofchaos

Posted 01 March 2012 - 04:10 PM

all bugs listed above, confirmed. with many more. and wheres the terrain above 130? ive seen jungle tress top out at 130 but nothing above that yet. a HUGE HUGE HUGE let down.

Also tons of trees cut in half vertically, Like bad chunks i would guess. I was excited for the update but its not even close to done.

What a bummer.
I support every plugin and mod I use.

haschischtasche
  • Minecraft: haschischtasche

Posted 01 March 2012 - 04:21 PM

View Postwallofchaos, on 01 March 2012 - 04:10 PM, said:

all bugs listed above, confirmed. with many more. and wheres the terrain above 130? ive seen jungle tress top out at 130 but nothing above that yet. a HUGE HUGE HUGE let down.

Also tons of trees cut in half vertically, Like bad chunks i would guess. I was excited for the update but its not even close to done.

What a bummer.
The world generation will still generate the old way and not above the height of 128. This was said weeks ago when anvil was presented.

magicferret
  • Minecraft: Magicferret

Posted 01 March 2012 - 04:33 PM

more info on this:

View PostOniBaloni, on 01 March 2012 - 04:04 PM, said:

Shadow Lines/Outlines
Posted Image

This can be caused by water. I used a bucket to get rid of a patch of flowers and it left a shadow exactly where the water spread out to. It can be fixed by removing and replacing the blocks. This sometimes causes a whole chunk of shadowed blocks to revert back to normal, although i can't reproduce that on purpose so far.

System: win7 32bit (crappy intel graphics chipset laptop, will test on my desktop when im at home)

MiningMike

Posted 01 March 2012 - 04:36 PM

Just for information. I can confirm the "Lighting bug" as reported by OniBaloni. Yesterday at 3 p.m. CET, I sent a bug report about exactly that issue including screenshots to jeb. I don't know why such major things don't get fixed, or better: I don't understand why it is _that_ important to have a quick release, even tough it is known that such bugs do exist. That is what bothers me a bit about Mojang. Looks like feature additions are more important than fixing known bugs.

Some more detailed screenshots:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

MazeCraft
    MazeCraft

Nether Resident

• Members
  • 2450 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 04:44 PM

Java shuts down while trying to convert 1.1 save to 1.2.
One conversion I made successfully after re-downloading all minecraft files. Did not work for other worlds.
After pressing Play Selected World I see a short glimpse of the white message about converting, then it disappears and only background is visible. After several seconds the entire window becomes black.
Error from terminal which appears after pressing "Play Selected World"
Scanning folders...
Total conversion count is 4
java.lang.ClassCastException: afi cannot be cast to acw
at adt.g(SourceFile:113)
at of.a(SourceFile:27)
at fm.a(SourceFile:199)
at fm.a(SourceFile:169)
at fm.a(SourceFile:128)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.b(SourceFile:1870)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.a(SourceFile:1657)
at mt.c(SourceFile:162)
at mt.a(SourceFile:119)
at vl.a(SourceFile:68)
at vl.f(SourceFile:116)
at vl.i(SourceFile:104)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.k(SourceFile:1386)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.x(SourceFile:724)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(SourceFile:664)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)
Stopping!
SoundSystem shutting down...
	Author: Paul Lamb, www.paulscode.com
Exception in thread "Minecraft main thread" org.lwjgl.LWJGLException: X Error - disp: 0x89e1118 serial: 1921 error: BadWindow (invalid Window parameter) request_code: 2 minor_code: 0
at org.lwjgl.opengl.LinuxDisplay.globalErrorHandler(LinuxDisplay.java:268)
at org.lwjgl.opengl.LinuxKeyboard.nSetDetectableKeyRepeat(Native Method)
at org.lwjgl.opengl.LinuxKeyboard.setDetectableKeyRepeat(LinuxKeyboard.java:152)
at org.lwjgl.opengl.LinuxKeyboard.destroy(LinuxKeyboard.java:163)
at org.lwjgl.opengl.LinuxDisplay.destroyKeyboard(LinuxDisplay.java:1015)
at org.lwjgl.input.Keyboard.destroy(Keyboard.java:349)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.d(SourceFile:518)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(SourceFile:681)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)
Java version
java version "1.6.0_26"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_26-b03)
Java HotSpot(TM) Server VM (build 20.1-b02, mixed mode)

EDIT

I think this bug may be related to a specific save file somehow. I converted 4 my worlds with no problems at all. But 2 another worlds keep ending with the error above.
My best creations posted on the forum http://dl.dropbox.co...Craft_Stuff.htm

Nexur
    Nexur

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 04:57 PM

Bug name: Crash (Saving CHunks) Found when placing upside down Stairs next to fences
Details: was going through bases adding upside down stairs,  placing bewteen 2 fences underneath and the side with 2 stone blocks on the two other siders, i place a upside down stairs inside and it crashed, removed fences and crashed again.
Seems to crash randomly since.
Image:Posted Image

Rimas
    Rimas

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 05:15 PM

Our SMP server's nether has been reset.

The seed is the same, the area looks, geographically, exactly like it looked before we ever made any modification to it. You can clearly see that the terrain is the same, but all of our building is gone. Everything we placed or modified has been completely reset and since we had some fairly extensive construction in our nether this is pretty distressing.

Onza40
    Onza40

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 05:17 PM

The door thing isn't a bug, it was known that you'd have to rebuild double doors after the update.

Malacodor
    Malacodor

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1022 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 05:23 PM

Lighting problem
Made a platform around y = 200 and no mobs spawned on it during a whole night (tried every difficulty level). F3 said it was completely lit and building a roof and walls solved the problem, but a part of the room still remained lit.

KoreRekon
  • Minecraft: KoreRekon

Posted 01 March 2012 - 05:28 PM

View PostMalacodor, on 01 March 2012 - 05:23 PM, said:

Made a platform around y = 200 and no mobs spawned on it during a whole night (tried every difficulty level). F3 said it was completely lit and building a roof and walls solved the problem, but a part of the room still remained lit.
Mobs are currently set to not spawn above 128.  It was screwing up the rest of the spawning.
Posted Image

KyoShinda
    KyoShinda

Enderman Ender

• Members
  • 8155 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 05:28 PM

Lighting problem
Many shallow holes or corners that are not lit when should be, alowing monsters to spawn inside them.
Posted Image

Monsters in Day time
Monsters don't seem to be dying in the Day (some do, alot don't)
Posted Image

Shadow Lines/Outlines
Posted Image

No Golems
Not found 1 golem in any villages (6 villages searched)
You want to know why we still have those lighting glitches? ..because they only look at the freaking wiki bugs. :/
Posted Image

tomi1337
  • Minecraft: InstWizard

Posted 01 March 2012 - 05:34 PM

Bug name: Sliding down a vine while sleeping
Details: I made my bed in a tree (Huge jungle tree). There were vines all around, next to my bed, and also some attached to the tree block which the bed was on. I right clicked the bed to start sleeping, the screen was fading black while I was falling asleep, but while that happened, my character / view was moving downwards, as if I were climbing down a vine.
System: Minecraft 1.2.2
Image: I was about to upload a video. Vegas won't start. Windows Movie Maker is the deepest well filled with shit I've ever seen.

2x Asus GTX 560 Ti OC / I5 2500K@ 4.4GHz w/Hyper 212 EVO / 2x 4GB RAM / Corsair 850W PSU /Seagate Barracuda 1TB Harddrive / Antec Nine Hundred

SpitFir3Tornado
  • Minecraft: SpitFir3Tornado

Posted 01 March 2012 - 05:52 PM

Bug name: No Fall Damage
Details: I jumped off a jungle tree from around height 80-90  and landed on a jungle "bush" and took no fall damage. I was only wearing a non-enchanted leather tunic at the time, and was not using any mods.
Follow me on twitter for General Gaming &Life News, Events, Ideas, Jokes and much more.
http://www.twitter.com/PoopCoolbro/

darthmaulerX

Posted 01 March 2012 - 06:26 PM

Lighting problem
Many shallow holes or corners that are not lit when should be, alowing monsters to spawn inside them.
Posted Image

Shadow Lines/Outlines
Posted Image

I immediately noticed this lighting glitch in 1.2.2, it seems that it applies shadows to every corner now and not just the bottom ones, I have also noticed the random chunk shaped square shadows. This is most noticable in the desert.
When no one was looking, the Endermen took forty blocks.
They took 40 blocks. That’s as many as four tens. And that’s horrible.