Recent changes | Mod integration | Texture packs | Links and social
First time I battled the dragon, it was a great experience but I never felt like doing it again. The lack of proper challenge made the battle dull, and so I created the Hardcore Enderdragon mod way back in March 2012.
After some time, the mod has expanded from the dragon battle to the whole End dimension, and I felt like the name needed to change too. Welcome to Hardcore Ender Expansion!
The End has been redefined
Hardcore Ender Expansion offers unique, new content across the End. The dragon became a truly challenging boss with a great reward, but the adventure doesn't end there. The End is no longer just an island. Go investigate unique ores, battle new mobs, travel to new biomes, the death awaits you! ... I mean, adventure. Adventure awaits you.
Release 1.4 added Ender Compendium, which is a source of information about every feature of the mod! However, you don't get information for free, you learn it by interacting with the world and exploring - make sure you have some paper too, so you can write everything down .
You can also find information about all features on the official Hardcore Ender Expansion Wiki.
Before you visit it though, I'd love to encourage the adventurous spirit inside you to explore the mod on your own, as the adventure aspect is something a lot of work and effort have been put into. So go ahead and explore, fight and most importantly, have fun!
Showcase by SSundee [R1.2.2]
Showcase by TheAtlanticCraft [R1.2.1]
More videos in the spoiler!
I don't take responsibility for any damage caused by the mod, always make backups!
Because of a bug in MC 1.7.2, all music will be disabled for that version.
1.7.2 (release 1.5) - adfly
1.6.4 (release 1.5) - adfly
See the spoiler for non-adfly links and old versions:
If you experience any bugs or have a feature request, you can create an issue on the Hardcore Ender Expansion issue tracker, which is ran by GitHub. Make sure to read the readme first!
You can also track the mod's development - every new feature, enhancement, tweak and bugfix will be mentioned in the issue list.
1. Download Forge installer, open it and install
2. Open the Minecraft launcher and select Forge in the profile list
3. Click Edit Profile and Open Game Dir, this opens a folder
4. Create a new folder called mods
5. Download the mod and open it in an archiving software
6. Drag HardcoreEnderExpansion.jar into the mods folder
7. Go back to Minecraft launcher and play!
1. Download Forge installer, open it, select Install server, choose the location and install
2. Create a new folder called mods
3. Download the mod and open it in an archiving software
4. Drag HardcoreEnderExpansion.jar into the mods folder
5. Run forge-***-universal.jar to start the server!
You are allowed to:
- Use the mod, create videos and screenshots
- Share the mod by reffering to this topic
- Decompile and modify the mod for personal use
- Add the mod into a modpack; for public modpacks, send me a private message with modpack name & mod list (I will not respond to it unless there is an issue)
- Reupload the mod or a modification of it
- Claim the mod or any part of it as yours
- Profit on the mod in any way
Recent changes (release 1.5 for MC 1.7.2)
- Because of a bug in 1.7.2, all HEE music is disabled!
- Added Energy Cluster (and Corrupted Energy), which is the fuel for Temple Caller, Transference Gem and Enderman Relic
- Added Spectral Wand and Energy Extraction Table to interact with clusters
- Completed Ender Compendium with new information + added fragments into loot
- Modified Decomposition Table texture
- Redesigned Transference Gem (again) to use Energy instead, slightly lowered durability
- Removed Transference Gem's regeneration in the End dimension
- Soul Charm renders correctly in the End
- Ender Compendium sometimes shows help when clicking on a fragment
Visit the Version History wiki page for list of all previous releases and their changelogs.
Hardcore Ender Expansion integrates with some of the mods.
Thaumcraft 4 - most of the blocks, items and entities have aspects assigned to them
Not Enough Items - special enhancement recipes show up in the recipe GUI
Here is a list of texture packs which modify HEE's textures. If you made a texture pack which supports HEE, contact me for addition.
Eben's Ore - hi-res textures for ores & end stone
Support the mod - banners!
Add a banner of the mod to your signature to support it! Simply open the Edit signature menu (you need to be logged on) and copy & paste in one of the following codes:
Are you an artist and want to make your own banner? Create a picture of size 728x100 pixels or smaller (official banner is 607x100), upload it to imgur or other image sharing service and send it to me! I will add it here and credit you .
Links and social stuff
Me, and everybody who helped out have put a huge amount of effort into the mod. We would like to thank you for all the amazing support, and we will appreciate any feedback and thoughts!
If you are interested in translating the mod, you can do so by visiting the HEE translation project. If a language is missing, let me know either here or tweet me and I will add it!
Make sure to follow my Twitter account for updates, teasing and annoucements!