• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Hardcore Ender Expansion v1.5 (former Hardcore Enderdragon mod | 60,000+ DL'S)

1.7.2 end expansion dragon battle structures islands biomes hard

• Please log in to reply
1219 replies to this topic

chylex
    chylex

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 904 posts
  • Minecraft: chylex

Posted 01 March 2012 - 01:50 PM

POPULAR

Screenshots | Videos | Download | Installation guide | Terms of use
Recent changes | Mod integration | Texture packs | Links and social

First time I battled the dragon, it was a great experience but I never felt like doing it again. The lack of proper challenge made the battle dull, and so I created the Hardcore Enderdragon mod way back in March 2012.

After some time, the mod has expanded from the dragon battle to the whole End dimension, and I felt like the name needed to change too. Welcome to Hardcore Ender Expansion!

==========================================================================================
The End has been redefined
==========================================================================================
Hardcore Ender Expansion offers unique, new content across the End. The dragon became a truly challenging boss with a great reward, but the adventure doesn't end there. The End is no longer just an island. Go investigate unique ores, battle new mobs, travel to new biomes, the death awaits you! ... I mean, adventure. Adventure awaits you.

Release 1.4 added Ender Compendium, which is a source of information about every feature of the mod! However, you don't get information for free, you learn it by interacting with the world and exploring - make sure you have some paper too, so you can write everything down ;).
Posted Image

You can also find information about all features on the official Hardcore Ender Expansion Wiki.
Before you visit it though, I'd love to encourage the adventurous spirit inside you to explore the mod on your own, as the adventure aspect is something a lot of work and effort have been put into. So go ahead and explore, fight and most importantly, have fun!

Screenshots

Videos

Showcase by SSundee [R1.2.2]

Showcase by TheAtlanticCraft [R1.2.1]

More videos in the spoiler!
Spoiler:

Download
I don't take responsibility for any damage caused by the mod, always make backups!

Because of a bug in MC 1.7.2, all music will be disabled for that version.

1.7.2 (release 1.5) - adfly
1.6.4 (release 1.5) - adfly

See the spoiler for non-adfly links and old versions:
Spoiler:

If you experience any bugs or have a feature request, you can create an issue on the Hardcore Ender Expansion issue tracker, which is ran by GitHub. Make sure to read the readme first! :)

You can also track the mod's development - every new feature, enhancement, tweak and bugfix will be mentioned in the issue list.

Installation guide
Client
1. Download Forge installer, open it and install
2. Open the Minecraft launcher and select Forge in the profile list
3. Click Edit Profile and Open Game Dir, this opens a folder
4. Create a new folder called mods
5. Download the mod and open it in an archiving software
6. Drag HardcoreEnderExpansion.jar into the mods folder
7. Go back to Minecraft launcher and play! Posted Image

Server
1. Download Forge installer, open it, select Install server, choose the location and install
2. Create a new folder called mods
3. Download the mod and open it in an archiving software
4. Drag HardcoreEnderExpansion.jar into the mods folder
5. Run forge-***-universal.jar to start the server!

Terms of use
By downloading the mod, you agree to the following terms of use.

You are allowed to:
  • Use the mod, create videos and screenshots
  • Share the mod by reffering to this topic
  • Decompile and modify the mod for personal use
  • Add the mod into a modpack; for public modpacks, send me a private message with modpack name & mod list (I will not respond to it unless there is an issue)
You are forbidden to:
  • Reupload the mod or a modification of it
  • Claim the mod or any part of it as yours
  • Profit on the mod in any way

Recent changes (release 1.5 for MC 1.7.2)
Important
- Because of a bug in 1.7.2, all HEE music is disabled!

Additions
- Added Energy Cluster (and Corrupted Energy), which is the fuel for Temple Caller, Transference Gem and Enderman Relic
- Added Spectral Wand and Energy Extraction Table to interact with clusters
- Completed Ender Compendium with new information + added fragments into loot

Changes
- Modified Decomposition Table texture
- Redesigned Transference Gem (again) to use Energy instead, slightly lowered durability
- Removed Transference Gem's regeneration in the End dimension

Bugfixes
- Soul Charm renders correctly in the End
- Ender Compendium sometimes shows help when clicking on a fragment

Visit the Version History wiki page for list of all previous releases and their changelogs.

Mod integration
Hardcore Ender Expansion integrates with some of the mods.

Thaumcraft 4 - most of the blocks, items and entities have aspects assigned to them
Not Enough Items - special enhancement recipes show up in the recipe GUI

Texture packs
Here is a list of texture packs which modify HEE's textures. If you made a texture pack which supports HEE, contact me for addition.

Eben's Ore - hi-res textures for ores & end stone

Support the mod - banners!
Add a banner of the mod to your signature to support it! Simply open the Edit signature menu (you need to be logged on) and copy & paste in one of the following codes:

[url="http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1066990-hardcore-ender-expansion"][img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/17157118/banners/hed4_final.png[/img][/url]
Posted Image

Are you an artist and want to make your own banner? Create a picture of size 728x100 pixels or smaller (official banner is 607x100), upload it to imgur or other image sharing service and send it to me! I will add it here and credit you ;).

Links and social stuff
Me, and everybody who helped out have put a huge amount of effort into the mod. We would like to thank you for all the amazing support, and we will appreciate any feedback and thoughts! :)

If you are interested in translating the mod, you can do so by visiting the HEE translation project. If a language is missing, let me know either here or tweet me and I will add it!

Make sure to follow my Twitter account for updates, teasing and annoucements!

Posted Image
Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

OpelSpeedster
  • Minecraft: OpelSpeedster

Posted 01 March 2012 - 02:13 PM

"Endermen will attack you when you get too close"

I hate people who think Endermen are aggressive.

THEY.
ARE.
NEUTRAL!!

*sigh*. I wonder where people took this idea that Endermen are agressive.

ノ(*-_-)ヽ Be Bored

worst. right arm. ever.

best trailer ever

Sgtchuckle117

Posted 01 March 2012 - 02:20 PM

Pretty interesting, but I agree with the guy above me. Scratch the new Endermen behavior, but maybe make it that like 15 or so around the End crystal become aggressive when you destroy it.
Thoughts? Suggestions? Random acts of petty fanboyish hatred?

chylex
    chylex

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 904 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 08:09 PM

Mod has been updated for MC 1.2.3. There's now multiplayer support! If you find any unknown bug, or if you have any ideas how to improve this mod, feel free to post it Posted Image.

OpelSpeedster: Sorry, I don't think they're aggresive, but it's their territory, so I thought it'd be convenient. I have deleted it.

Sgtchuckle117: Thanks for that idea, I might implement it in next version Posted Image.
Posted Image
Posted Image

fmine_77
  • Minecraft: flo_77

Posted 08 March 2012 - 05:08 PM

It looks great! I will use it.
The normal enderdragon fight is really boring!

View Postchylex, on 01 March 2012 - 01:50 PM, said:

Todo:
  • out of ideas

A Idea:
The enderdragon land sometimes and make attacks.
My adventuremap Sky fortress: Link
Sorry, if my englisch is bad. It is not my native language.

AndyExE
    AndyExE

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 188 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 07:20 PM

Make it so that the dragon destroeys endstone

ozzymasterb13

Posted 08 March 2012 - 09:05 PM

This should be implemented into the game great mod!

Posted Image

oreostix

Posted 08 March 2012 - 09:29 PM

The End just lacks an epic boss battle music now...

setosorcerer

Posted 22 March 2012 - 03:05 PM

I made a mod review of your mod. I have to say you have done AN AMAZING JOB in making this mod. This mod really needs to get more attention, and very nice on your first mod! See if you could implent the suggestions for a better fight that I have included in the video/description. I hope you enjoy Posted Image

http://www.youtube.c...8][font=Verdana, Geneva, Tahoma, sans-serif][size=3]

I didn't know how to activate the video window ever since the new forum update. Either way, here is the link to the video Posted Image

Slidedrum
  • Minecraft: milkdonny
  • PSN:Slidedrum

Posted 22 March 2012 - 03:08 PM

very cool. the default boss battle is very boring. i will try this out when i get home.
Posted Image
if you would not mind doing me a favor and pressing that little + button? thanks!

setosorcerer

Posted 23 March 2012 - 07:48 AM

I just want to post here suggestions on possible improvements for future patches :)

1) Allow it to breath fire similar to that of Animal Bikes mod.
2) Include a divebomb attack
3) When it touches End Stone in Berserk Mode, it breaks it similar to the obsidian pillars
4) Able to stop in place (similar to skyrim) and perform some epic fire attacks, and hopefully lighting or ice attacks in the future
5) Add a new texture to the boss that will indicate it is in Berserk mode
6) Increase the overall speed of the ender dragon by 2.
7) Have a retribution attack when the Ender Dragon dies. This can be shooting a lot of TNT from the source, a massive lighting storm, and/or have all Enderman start to attack you once the EnderDragon has died.

Theses are some suggestions, and I hope others will support and agree to make this mod even more epic :D

beechboy2000
  • Minecraft: beechboy2000

Posted 26 March 2012 - 02:27 AM

DIAMONDS TO YOU!! Makes the ender dragon so much better. I used to think that endermen are more annoying than the enderdragon. This completely changed my point of view.
Posted Image

chylex
    chylex

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 904 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 05:25 AM

Thanks for all who support this mod! I'm working on a new version with some of setosorcerer's ideas, so hopefully I'll have at least SSP version in a week :).
Posted Image
Posted Image

nowayitstrevor
  • Minecraft: nowayitstrevor

Posted 26 March 2012 - 06:56 AM

Hey great mod I'm so glad that this mod makes minecraft harder! I have always wanted that in my videos!

Posted Image

meeees
    meeees

Void Walker

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 1560 posts
  • Minecraft: meeees

Posted 26 March 2012 - 07:18 AM

this is your first mod? nice job!

Posted ImagePosted Image

Did I help you? press the green arrow!

greatgramcrackar
  • Minecraft: greatgramcrackar

Posted 26 March 2012 - 06:39 PM

this mod is awesome, you must update

chylex
    chylex

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 904 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 08:32 PM

Thanks to all, today I made a lot of improvements. If everything goes well, SSP update should be done in 3-4 days, SMP will take a little bit longer because I want to make sure everything is working fine in singleplayer version Posted Image.

EDIT 2012-03-30: It's not completely finished yet, it needs some changes. Next betatest will be probably on Sunday, so hopefully the update will be ready on Monday or Tuesday.
Posted Image
Posted Image

pork101
    pork101

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 112 posts
  • Minecraft: inheritedkilla
  • Xbox:inheritedkilla

Posted 27 March 2012 - 12:24 PM

Awesome mod can't wait to see whats new! Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Jhebb4
    Jhebb4

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 11:01 PM

This mod is amazing, can't wait for more improvements and 1.2.4 update :)
Jhett j beyler

minecraftmaper
  • Minecraft: Minecraftmaper1

Posted 01 April 2012 - 12:04 AM

awsome mod. iv waited to be challenged by the enderdragon.2  ideas for you maby give the enderdragon the ability to land and beat down on prey. maby be able to pick you up and bite and drop you.
Posted Image