After some time, the mod has expanded from the dragon battle to the whole End dimension, and I felt like the name needed to change too. Welcome to Hardcore Ender Expansion!
The End has been redefined
Hardcore Ender Expansion offers unique, new content across the End. The dragon became a truly challenging boss with a great reward, but the adventure doesn't end there. The End is no longer just an island. Go investigate unique ores, battle new mobs, travel to new biomes, the death awaits you! ... I mean, adventure. Adventure awaits you.
Release 1.4 added Ender Compendium, which is a source of information about every feature of the mod! However, you don't get information for free, you learn it by interacting with the world and exploring - make sure you have some paper too, so you can write everything down . Here is the recipe:
You can also find information about new blocks, items, mobs and other features on the official Hardcore Ender Expansion Wiki.
Before you visit it though, I'd love to encourage the adventurous spirit inside you to explore the mod on your own, as the adventure aspect is something a lot of work and effort have been put into. So go ahead and explore, fight and most importantly, have fun!
Showcase by SSundee [R1.2.2]
Showcase by TheAtlanticCraft [R1.2.1]
Showcase - part 1 by Puredominace [R1.1.2]
Mod review - part 1 by setosorcerer [R1.0]
More videos in the spoiler!
I don't take responsibility for any damage caused by the mod, always make backups!
Warning: The /difficulty command doesn't work correctly.
1.6.4 (release 1.4.3) - adfly
See the spoiler for non-adfly links and old versions:
1. Make sure you've started the latest version of Minecraft at least once!
2. Download Forge installer, open it and install.
3. Go to the .minecraft folder, the location depends on your operating system:
Mac: ~/Library/Application Support/Minecraft
4. Create the mods folder inside .minecraft
5. Download the mod and open it in an archiving software
6. Copy & paste HardcoreEnderExpansion.zip into the mods folder
7. Open the Minecraft launcher, select Forge profile in bottom left corner, and play!
1. Download Forge installer, open it, select Install server, choose the location and install.
2. Create the mods folder (in the same folder as minecraft_server.jar)
3. Download the mod and open it in an archiving software
4. Copy & paste HardcoreEnderExpansion.zip into the mods folder
5. Run minecraftforge-universal-***.jar to start the server!
Recent changes (release 1.4 - 1.4.3 for MC 1.6.4)
- Ender Compendium, the source of all knowledge about the End!
- Knowledge Fragments in dungeons and villager trades
- Ghost Amulet is slightly more common
- Silverfish Dungeons are closer to caves, and will turn Stone Bricks into Silverfish when the spawner is broken
- Items on Essence Altar pedestals have smaller collision box
- Dead Death Flower added to creative menu
- Renamed Brainless Enderman to Paralyzed Enderman
- Paralyzed Endermen drop less Ender Pearls
- Massively increased amount of worldgen features (1.4.2)
- Changed internal names of blocks and items (1.4.2)
- Massively lowered amount of experience from the Ender Dragon (1.4.3)
- Increased Ender Demon's strength (1.4.3)
- Fixed Essence Altar disappearing at certain angles
- Logs and leaves now catch on fire
- Fixed Ender Demon crash (1.4.1)
- Fixed dragon battle music restarting (1.4.2)
- Fixed Knowledge Fragments causing world to hang if nothing can be unlocked (1.4.3)
- Fixed Essence Altar not dropping socket contents (1.4.3)
- Fixed some knowledge unlocked by Ender Dragon (1.4.3)
Visit the Version History wiki page for list of all previous releases and their changelogs.
You are allowed to:
- Use the mod, create videos and screenshots
- Share the mod by reffering to this topic or the official website (http://chylex.fo2.cz/hcend)
- Decompile and modify the mod for personal use
- Add the mod into a modpack after you send me a private message with modpack name & mod list (private modpacks below 20 players don't need to)
- Reupload the mod or a modification of it
- Claim the mod or any part of it as yours
- Profit on the mod in any way
Here is a list of texture packs which modify HEE's textures. If you made a texture pack which supports HEE, contact me for addition.
Eben's Ore - hi-res textures for ores & end stone
Support the mod - banners!
Add a banner of the mod to your signature to support it! Simply open the Edit signature menu (you need to be logged on) and copy & paste in one of the following codes:
Are you an artist and want to make your own banner? Create a picture of size 728x100 pixels or smaller (official banner is 607x100), upload it to imgur or other image sharing service and send it to me! I will add it here and credit you .
The mod supports multiple languages! If you want to help translating the mod, visit the HEE translation project. If a language you want to translate is already done, feel free to do a revision and use comments to point out errors or suggestions. All help is appreciated!
If a language is missing, let me know either in this topic, via private message or tweet me and I will add it!
Me, and everybody who helped out have put a huge amount of effort into the mod. We would like to thank you for all the amazing support, and we will appreciate any feedback and thoughts!
Make sure to follow my Twitter account for updates, teasing and annoucements!