Follow me for news about all my mods and plans!
Since I've killed the dragon my first time, I felt like it was missing something. I needed to feel danger, action, adrenaline. So I decided, that I'm going to make the enderdragon fight a true hell! It started as a very simple mod, but thanks to everyone supporting me, I can provide many features making this fight awesome, entertaining, deadly! Welcome to Hardcore Enderdragon mod!
- Custom battlemusic when you're in The End, made by qwertygiy
- Customizable playlists (tutorial in README file)
- Whenever you destroy an Endercrystal, it shoots 8 TNT and aggros endermen around
- The dragon shoots fireballs (fire explosions) and freezeballs (slowness)
- During regular attacks, the dragon's 1.5 times faster
- End stone added to list of blocks the dragon destroys
- Stealth attack, silent punch/bite attack if you stop looking at the dragon
- If you get too close to dragon's mouth, he bites you with chance of poison, blindness or nausea
- Implemented AI, the dragon's learning as you fight and modifies his tactic
- The dragon is more likely to attack damaged, weaker players
- After most Endercrystals are destroyed, the dragon becomes angry
- You can no longer change difficulty after this point
- Faster and more powerful fireballs
- More frequent attacks, frequency increases with lower health
- Obsidian towers scatter around after the dragon flies through
- On medium or hard difficulty, the dragon does special attacks (they've their own section)
- Added angry endermen
- They attack the player if he gets too close
- Damage doesn't make them teleport (=> standing in water won't help you)
- They are faster, but have lower health and attack strength
- Currently, they only spawn during the Summon attack, and when dragon's health is below 40% (mostly for effect, as their spawning is accompanied by lightning strikes)
- More experience from killing the dragon, depends on difficulty
- Epic reward chest after you kill the dragon
- There's a reward value, determined by difficulty, deaths and failures
- Basically, the better you do, the more and better rewards you get
- The absolutely lowest reward value gives you LOL made out of cobblestone
- You can get up to 6 experience bottles, and up to 15 enchanted books
- The books can have overpowered enchantments, like Sharpness 10 or Fortune 6
- Lowered amount of levels you need to combine an item with enchanted books
- You can no longer get the egg by dropping it on a transparent block
- There is a legit way of getting the egg
- "Cover it with its mother's blood"
- The egg has currently no use, it may in the future though!
There are currently 6 fully working special attacks. Some of them may trigger the Fatality attack which wrecks the player if he's low on health. Special attacks work only if the difficulty is medium or hard!
The dragon goes really high, slows down and then swoops vertically through the ground at 3.5x speed, destroying large chunks of land. Then he attacks a player from below.
The dragon almost stops in the air and repeatedly shoots fireballs at a player, while following him at very slow speed, high in the air. Amount of fireballs and shooting speed depends of difficulty. You can hide to stop the attack slightly sooner. If you're in water, the dragon quickly switches to divebomb.
Quick melee attack, when the dragon starts biting you, potentionally causing poison, blindness or nausea, which makes it harder to orientate, run away and hit the dragon. You can deal him damage to make him stop biting and fall back.
In the first phase, the dragon's keeping his distance from the victim. Then he flies straight at him, almost 5 times faster than usual, dealing a great amount of velocity to entities he hits.
Only a half-attack. Starts with shooting freezeballs at a player to slow him down, while he quickly prepares for next attack that the slowed down player can't avoid.
Similar attack to Stay'n'fire, except the dragon goes even higher so arrows can't reach him, and instead of fireballs, he spawns angry endermen around a player. Rarely, he spawns 2 endermen at the same time. Each enderman comes with a lightning effect.
This attack became broken after update! The dragon starts getting closer to a player, then completely stops and starts swinging his wings at extreme speed, pushing everything (players, dropped items, arrows...) away. After the attack finishes, he instantly attacks a player.
Disabled attack as it was lacking balance! First, the dragon flies around, but then he suddenly catches a player with his teeth, elevates to the world's top and drops the player to his sure death. Damaging the dragon will make him drop you before he reaches the top.
Endermen flicker if the difficulty's set to Peaceful. Solution before it's fixed? Don't play on Peaceful
Did you make a video? Send the link into this topic, and I'll add it here!
Official trailer by myself
Playthrough of v10 by JackMasseyWelsh
Recommended playing on at least Medium difficulty for full gameplay experience.
Clients are recommended to have client version of HED installed when on HED server, otherwise they won't see new blocks and entities, and may crash.
Report all bugs you see into this topic, I check it on a daily basis.
Beta11 Client 1.5.2 adfly
Beta11 Server 1.5.2 adfly
Beta10 may be unstable, please report any bugs/crashes! Incompatible with beta9 (obsidian will turn into comparators)!
Beta10 Client 1.5.1 adfly
Beta10 Server 1.5.1 adfly
Old versions, mediafire links
See pre-beta8 versions (1.2.3 to 1.3.1)
Terms and conditions
Thanks to everyone supporting the mod, especially setosorcerer who gave me many ideas and a lot of motivation in the start! If you have any ideas on improvements, feel free to post them into this topic, same applies if you find a bug, I want this mod to be as perfect as possible!
I also wouldn't mind if you voted up this post, it gives me a lot of motivation. Thanks!