• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

What's the best level to enchant a diamond pickaxe with Silk Touch

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

TimTurry

Posted 01 March 2012 - 03:08 AM

In about a few hours, this forum will be filled with 1.2 comments, so I hope this topic gets a few views/replies.
I have read the wiki, but the formula is way difficult to figure out with gold/iron/diamond pickaxes all having different enchanting stats.

So, if the only thing I care about is getting the Silk Touch enchantment,  at what level should I hit the enchantment table with my Diamond Pickaxe ?  If the answer is 33+  (or whatever)  then is 34 better or worse than 33...

Register or log in to remove.

Ankle_Lord
  • Minecraft: Ankle_lord

Posted 01 March 2012 - 08:21 AM

I'd think the more the merrier, due to the fact that you can get diferent enchantments, and you can't get two of the same, so since there are only a few things that are there, minecraft is forced to give you silk touch. Keep in mind that if you just barely meet the prerequisites for fine touch, keep in mind that the enchantments are weighted so you'd only have a 1 in 20 chance
Hey! Hey you! Yeah you with the face!  NARF!!

Frisqy
    Frisqy

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 146 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 12:41 PM

Most effiecient exp/chance is level 24 or 25 for diamond. Keep in mind that this level requires more resources. Highest chance is somewhat higher but you need a butload of exp farming for silktouch.

When im farming exp for enchantments i am always enchanting at level 24. Level 24 gives you highest exp/chance for unbreakable and silktouch. Instead of aiming for just silktouch i aim for unbreakable to. Yesterday i got 3 silktouch and 1 silktouch + unbreaking 3 in a row. Lucky me. Now its time for Furtune 3 and i can break my butt load of diamond ore into a lifetime supply of diamonds. Posted Image

Here is a link where you can see the tables for item cost, probability and exp costs. I try to get the highest probabilty with the lowest exp cost possible since item cost seems useless to me.

pernsteiner.org/minecraft/enchant/tables/

Frisqy
    Frisqy

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 146 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 12:50 PM

pernsteiner.org/minecraft/enchant/tables/

better a link just figured how to do it Posted Image

or not..

TimTurry

Posted 01 March 2012 - 07:07 PM

Hehe.  That table doesn't help me at all.  It makes me want to hide under my desk.  You number helps me immensely however, so thanks for 24.  I am currently 27, so I will hit the enchantment table tonight and will stop at 24 from now on.

Spleck100

Posted 12 May 2012 - 01:57 AM

I believe that naturally, level 50 is the best level for silk touch. Though it is a pain. You could just go for the minimum chance multiple times.

NeoGuy21
  • Minecraft: neoguy21

Posted 12 May 2012 - 03:18 AM

lol.. i agree about the pain part.. ;)
Posted Image

Clockwork_Cows
  • Minecraft: Clockwork_Cows

Posted 12 May 2012 - 05:42 AM

Level 50 will give you the highest probability of getting silk touch.

theGTplay
  • Minecraft: theGTplay

Posted 14 May 2012 - 06:09 AM

wow i was searching how and was being told 42 and 37 and 50s and then right away i tried yout 24 and got silk touch and unbreaking 3. ily <3

lgeoman
    lgeoman

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • Minecraft: tehblueninjah

Posted 27 May 2012 - 02:54 PM

24 is a good level for Diamond. I was grinding away on a multiplayer server, I had 27 levels of xp, then looked here for what level, then saw 24, so I tried it. Didn't get what I wanted, but it was still worth the Unbreaking 3 and Fortune 1 on my pickaxe. Thanks! Posted Image  for you sir!

Posted Image

stidrvr
    stidrvr

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 11:34 AM

Am I just really unlucky or doing something wrong. Ive gotten Efficiency 2 three times in a row now. THe first one I did I got an unbreakable 3 fortune 2 efficiency 3. I choose the 24 every time. Do I just keep trying?

_Stads_
    _Stads_

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 87 posts
  • Minecraft: _Stads_

Posted 06 July 2012 - 11:01 AM

Someone told me that silk touch only occurs from like levels 30-40... I don't know if it was true or not but when I enchanted at level 40 EXACTLY I got Silk Touch I, Unbreaking III, Efficiancy III! So I was kinda lucky ;)

0NLYniXON

Posted 03 October 2012 - 08:33 PM

I have yet to get silk touch on a pick axe. It sucks. Ive trued soo many times.

IGN = darrellg405

Posted Image

Coldpyro2345
  • Minecraft: coldpyro

Posted 14 April 2013 - 01:15 AM

Is it possible to get multiple ores with a diamond pick if it is enchanted with both fortune 3 and soft touch 1?

barrygateaux

Posted 14 April 2013 - 07:12 AM

you can't enchant silk touch touch and fortune onto anything at the same time.
you can have one OR the other

IzakPVP123

Posted 08 September 2013 - 04:48 AM

IGN: Jonathan12498