Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

High contrast display for 1.2

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

gustav165
  • Minecraft: RainyTree

Posted 28 February 2012 - 05:30 PM

As we all know the invisible stairs are replaced with upside down stairs in 1.2 so you can't use them for high contrast screens. So I came up with this technique for high contrast displays using a lighting glitch with stairs and the new redstone lamps that will probably be easy to change existing displays into.
Posted Image

This works by controlling redstone lamps in 2x2 cells directly behind stairs that will block the light but still get lit up.
Pros:
  • Cheap.
  • Works in 1.2.
  • High contrast.
  • Cool patterns.
Cons:
  • Doesn't look as good as the invisible stairs displays.
  • Requires complete darkness at the stairs.
  • Slower.
  • Slightly obstructs the cells with darkness.

I like redstone. If you respond to my post please quote it or I won't be notified.
IGN: RainyTree

Register or log in to remove.

Malacodor
    Malacodor

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1022 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 10:47 PM

View Postgustav165, on 28 February 2012 - 05:30 PM, said:

So I came up with this technique for high contrast displays using a lighting glitch with stairs and the new redstone lamps that will probably...
...get fixed soon?

Hans Lemurson
  • Minecraft: Hans_Lemurson

Posted 29 February 2012 - 10:55 AM

Very interesting usage of the internal lighting of stairs as the display method.

I will keep these techniques in mind for when the Era of the Invisi-block comes to a close.
Hans Lemurson's Thread of Links: http://www.minecraft...hread-of-links/
Look here to find links to my inventions, creations, and my Youtube channel featuring Amazing Creations of Mine (Redstone engineering FTW!!!) and charming Music-Videos about clones.  I also made "Minecraft in Minecraft" (2D platformer/building game).  I'm currently trying to make a computer.