Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

PermissionsEx In-Game

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

xXfalseXx
  • Minecraft: xXfalseXx

Posted 27 February 2012 - 05:09 PM

Hello. Recently I got a server, and I tried to configure PermissionsEx but it didn't work. :L So my friend did it for me, but he configured it in-game. Now all of the ranks work and such, but I've got a few ideas and stuff I want to add/fix.
What I'm asking is:

1. What is the PermissionsEx command to create a group IN-GAME?
2. How do I add nodes to it?
3. How do I add prefix's and suffix's?
4. Any tips?

I am using the latest version of Bukkit, and I'd really like help on this. Thank you for answering if you did.
~Zak aka xXfalseXx,
[MinecraftForums] Owner of LynxMC & CIA Agent in disguise.

Register or log in to remove.

jefe
    jefe

Creamymin

• Forum Admin
  • 16131 posts
  • Minecraft: jefe323

Posted 27 February 2012 - 05:19 PM

Here are all the in-game commands for PEX: https://github.com/P...x/wiki/Commands

Rogue
    Rogue

Gambrinous

• Forum Admin
  • Curse Premium
  • 8733 posts
  • Minecraft: Rogue
  • Xbox:RogueMurder

Posted 27 February 2012 - 05:20 PM

1)
/pex group <groupname> create
2) I would do this in the file, but in-game it would be:
/pex group <groupname> add <permnode>
3) Again, I would do this in the file, but in-game it would be:
/pex group <groupname> prefix "blah"
4) Edit the permissions.yml file itself. In-game is a massive hassle and a lot more time consuming. Also, if you're having trouble with it, post problems on here.

EDIT: sniped by jeff.

Quote my post to make sure I see your reply - MCF Hosting CoordinatorPosted Image

bacon_avenger
  • Minecraft: bacon_avenger

Posted 28 February 2012 - 05:53 AM

View PostAmberK, on 27 February 2012 - 05:20 PM, said:

4) Edit the permissions.yml file itself. In-game is a massive hassle and a lot more time consuming. Also, if you're having trouble with it, post problems on here.
It kind of is, yes, but if it's done in-game or at the server console, you know that there won't be any formatting problems, which seems to be about 90% of the PEX issues I deal with on a daily basis. :)
I ride the bukkit on Linux with a PEX shooter at my side.  Please don't PM me for help, PM's don't help the community at large as it's not publicly viewable.  Use pastie or pastebin for files, I will not download files.  Click the up arrow if I helped. (I also do YT Vids)