Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Wood Golems


  • Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#1

IncredibleMeh
  • Location: Narnia, Neverland, and Mcdonalds all at the same time.
  • Minecraft: IncredibleMeh
  • Xbox:IncredibleMeh

Posted 26 February 2012 - 07:25 AM

Alright, all joking aside, I'd like to discuss the concpet of the wood golem.

The wood golem, purely and simply, behaves like a pack mule. It has it's own inventory, so it's like a walking chest.

If you right click on their chest, you can put stuff in their inventory like a... well a chest. Right clicking anywhere else simply makes them stay put, like right clicking on a wolf.
"You don't honestly care if your new Crystal Meta-Sword is going to clash with your Elite Boss Clogs! It's about the numbers! You want the items with the best numbers so you can use your numbers to decrease the enemy numbers until your numbers are the best in the land!" -ZeroPunctuation

Register or log in to remove.

#2

MineDash
    MineDash

    Tree Puncher

  • Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 07:26 AM

Nice idea but since they are mobile they should have the space of a dispensor.

#3

Greenfire32
  • Minecraft: Greenfire32

Posted 26 February 2012 - 07:29 AM

_______Pumpkin_______
chest-dispenser-chest
________log__________


win.
Check out my Youtube Channel at: http://www.youtube.c...31?feature=mhee
Posted Image

#4

IncredibleMeh
  • Location: Narnia, Neverland, and Mcdonalds all at the same time.
  • Minecraft: IncredibleMeh
  • Xbox:IncredibleMeh

Posted 26 February 2012 - 07:31 AM

View PostMineDash, on 26 February 2012 - 07:26 AM, said:

Nice idea but since they are mobile they should have the space of a dispensor.
Seems fair if they can only hold as much as a dispenser. It balances it out since they'ed probably be pretty cheap to.
"You don't honestly care if your new Crystal Meta-Sword is going to clash with your Elite Boss Clogs! It's about the numbers! You want the items with the best numbers so you can use your numbers to decrease the enemy numbers until your numbers are the best in the land!" -ZeroPunctuation

#5

Jaronoid
  • Location: Ohio
  • Minecraft: Jaronoid

Posted 26 February 2012 - 07:31 AM

Wow, interesting concept. You have my approval.
I host a private vanilla server, in which my friends and I construct living minecraft communities that grow into living minecraft kingdoms. Once a kingdom is complete, we move on to a new area. PM me for details on joining.
Oh, also, I make weird music.
DO THINGS WITH ME

#6

Kliuyyyy
    Kliuyyyy

    Redstone Miner

  • Members
  • 511 posts
  • Minecraft: Kliuyyyy

Posted 26 February 2012 - 07:33 AM

This is the best idea ever, +1
Posted Image

#7

IncredibleMeh
  • Location: Narnia, Neverland, and Mcdonalds all at the same time.
  • Minecraft: IncredibleMeh
  • Xbox:IncredibleMeh

Posted 26 February 2012 - 07:36 AM

Wow, thanks for the support!

I was a bit worried people might not like this.
"You don't honestly care if your new Crystal Meta-Sword is going to clash with your Elite Boss Clogs! It's about the numbers! You want the items with the best numbers so you can use your numbers to decrease the enemy numbers until your numbers are the best in the land!" -ZeroPunctuation

#8

ChadGarion25
  • Location: West Coast, USA
  • Minecraft: ChadGarion25

Posted 26 February 2012 - 07:53 AM

Wood is too common a material; under the right conditions you could potentially make a wood Golem before you could make a chest (i'm assuming the recipie invovles 4 logs and a pumpkin or something similar). Also, and this is personal, Golems aren't traditionally made out of wood or organic materials, with the exception of flesh, bone, and demon Golems (which are all abominations anyway). A Golem wouldn't be all that fast, so it wouldn't be able to follow you all that well. If it can't keep up with you, what's the point? They'll just become targets for mobs and players who want to steal from you. Also, I think it would take a lot of coding to make it so right clicking certain surfaces of the Golem does different things, I mean I can't think of any other mob that has that feature so your suggesting a entirely new mechanic on top of a new mob.

#9

IncredibleMeh
  • Location: Narnia, Neverland, and Mcdonalds all at the same time.
  • Minecraft: IncredibleMeh
  • Xbox:IncredibleMeh

Posted 26 February 2012 - 07:56 AM

View PostChadGarion25, on 26 February 2012 - 07:53 AM, said:

Wood is too common a material; under the right conditions you could potentially make a wood Golem before you could make a chest (i'm assuming the recipie invovles 4 logs and a pumpkin or something similar). Also, and this is personal, Golems aren't traditionally made out of wood or organic materials, with the exception of flesh, bone, and demon Golems (which are all abominations anyway). A Golem wouldn't be all that fast, so it wouldn't be able to follow you all that well. If it can't keep up with you, what's the point? They'll just become targets for mobs and players who want to steal from you. Also, I think it would take a lot of coding to make it so right clicking certain surfaces of the Golem does different things, I mean I can't think of any other mob that has that feature so your suggesting a entirely new mechanic on top of a new mob.
Oh screw you and your "normally golems aren't made of wood". It's just a game.

And so what if you can make it before a chest. Besides, you should be able to make more storage with chests, since you get for wooden planks from logs.

And they are working on more than one hitbox for mobs, so it's simply a matter of right clicking on a certain hitbox.
"You don't honestly care if your new Crystal Meta-Sword is going to clash with your Elite Boss Clogs! It's about the numbers! You want the items with the best numbers so you can use your numbers to decrease the enemy numbers until your numbers are the best in the land!" -ZeroPunctuation

#10

ChadGarion25
  • Location: West Coast, USA
  • Minecraft: ChadGarion25

Posted 27 February 2012 - 05:11 PM

View PostIncredibleMeh, on 26 February 2012 - 07:56 AM, said:

And so what if you can make it before a chest. Besides, you should be able to make more storage with chests, since you get for wooden planks from logs.

You don't see a problem with being able to construct walking, attacking chests before you can make regular ones? How can you honestly think your idea can gain support if your won't acknowledge glaring balance issues? I think you'll find support for such a well thought out topic and mature, sociable attitude hard to come by.

#11

Rabidbadger

Posted 27 February 2012 - 05:28 PM

View PostChadGarion25, on 27 February 2012 - 05:11 PM, said:

You don't see a problem with being able to construct walking, attacking chests before you can make regular ones? How can you honestly think your idea can gain support if your won't acknowledge glaring balance issues? I think you'll find support for such a well thought out topic and mature, sociable attitude hard to come by.

Heh. So long as the chest is dispenser sized and the golem can't fight, as was suggested in the OP which describes them as a 'pack mule', it's not that overpowered.
Posted Image

View PostDumbum2240.1, on 02 August 2011 - 09:37 AM, said:

And yeah, I'm really not sure what this mob is. I'm thinking with an open mind, and all I can think of is a sex mad robot who spawns at Christmas.

#12

Teh Flubausterus
  • Location: If I new I would tell you.
  • Minecraft: Flubausterus

Posted 27 February 2012 - 05:39 PM

Great idea! +1
Horses Turning Like Boats <--- Save the Horses!

#13

redsand
    redsand

    Lapis Lazuli Collector

  • Members
  • 1167 posts
  • Minecraft: redsand007

Posted 27 February 2012 - 05:56 PM

Kinda like the idea.  What happens when they get attacked/die?  Also, they shouldn't be called a golem.  Just because there's two golems in the game now, doesn't mean everything else needs to be tagged as a golem.  Golem this, golem that, can it with the golems aleady.  In case I didn't say golem enough, I'll say golem again.  GOLEM.

#14

SomeoneElsewhere
  • Location: Somewhere

Posted 27 February 2012 - 06:20 PM

Wut? no, overpowered
Minecraft in a Text Alpha 1.1 here

#15

zerofox21898
  • Location: U.S.A
  • Minecraft: zerofox21898

Posted 10 March 2012 - 03:18 AM

View PostChadGarion25, on 26 February 2012 - 07:53 AM, said:

Wood is too common a material; under the right conditions you could potentially make a wood Golem before you could make a chest (i'm assuming the recipie invovles 4 logs and a pumpkin or something similar). Also, and this is personal, Golems aren't traditionally made out of wood or organic materials, with the exception of flesh, bone, and demon Golems (which are all abominations anyway). A Golem wouldn't be all that fast, so it wouldn't be able to follow you all that well. If it can't keep up with you, what's the point? They'll just become targets for mobs and players who want to steal from you. Also, I think it would take a lot of coding to make it so right clicking certain surfaces of the Golem does different things, I mean I can't think of any other mob that has that feature so your suggesting a entirely new mechanic on top of a new mob.
Hey guess what!?!?  Golems aren't real so why couldn't they be made out of wood?  And why must all golems be slow?

#16

Gorinich Serpent
  • Location: On the moon, in my doom castle, at the highest tower of elephant bone, on my throne made of bones of the Greek, Roman, Egyptian, Norse, Aztec, Old and other gods, killing time as my master plan unfolds around me.
  • Minecraft: Gorinich555

Posted 10 March 2012 - 07:10 AM

View Postzerofox21898, on 10 March 2012 - 03:18 AM, said:

Hey guess what!?!?  Golems aren't real so why couldn't they be made out of wood?  And why must all golems be slow?

Good point on the reality check, golems would be slow because men isn't good at making life that's gods job (that's the moral of the first story about golems) so if man dues make a golem on a pair of legs it probably wouldn't work well and make the golem clumsy and slow. For a fast golem you'll need to use wheals instead and a way for it to boost itself.  Yes I know it's just a game but you were talking about real life for a moment. In certain fantasy organic materials are ideal for magic and would make it hard to use stone and metal, it depends on how the author writes it and with minecraft using any material could be valid so you got a point there.
Check out my blog

#17

SnowConez
    SnowConez

    Lapis Lazuli Collector

  • Members
  • 1127 posts
  • Location: In space, on a panda, that has laser eyes.
  • Minecraft: SnowConez

Posted 10 March 2012 - 10:29 AM

I like this! Maybe if it gets hit it could drop 3-7 items out of it's inventory then flee after getting hit, it would add a somewhat funny way to balance it.
Posted Image Be caring, please help my dragon hatch by giving him a little click.

#18

zerofox21898
  • Location: U.S.A
  • Minecraft: zerofox21898

Posted 10 March 2012 - 02:06 PM

View PostGorinich Serpent, on 10 March 2012 - 07:10 AM, said:

Good point on the reality check, golems would be slow because men isn't good at making life that's gods job (that's the moral of the first story about golems) so if man dues make a golem on a pair of legs it probably wouldn't work well and make the golem clumsy and slow. For a fast golem you'll need to use wheals instead and a way for it to boost itself.  Yes I know it's just a game but you were talking about real life for a moment. In certain fantasy organic materials are ideal for magic and would make it hard to use stone and metal, it depends on how the author writes it and with minecraft using any material could be valid so you got a point there.
hmm I guess I see where your coming from. And I like the idea of wheels.  Maybe the golem should be slow until you make a pair of wheels for it.

#19

Trecked
    Trecked

    Zombie Killer

  • Members
  • 207 posts
  • Location: London, England
  • Minecraft: Trecked

Posted 10 March 2012 - 02:11 PM

I love this idea.
Posted Image

#20

Vleetonk
    Vleetonk

    Zombie Killer

  • Members
  • 202 posts
  • Location: Moon, the. Crater 90.
  • Minecraft: Vleetonk

Posted 12 March 2012 - 01:34 AM

View PostChadGarion25, on 27 February 2012 - 05:11 PM, said:

You don't see a problem with being able to construct walking, attacking chests before you can make regular ones? How can you honestly think your idea can gain support if your won't acknowledge glaring balance issues? I think you'll find support for such a well thought out topic and mature, sociable attitude hard to come by.
It takes three logs total to make a crafting table and a chest. It takes four to make a wood Golem the way you described it.
Herp derp?